Thinking of deleting all my gear

General Discussion
I haven't played in months....so I log in and go to my inventory and its just full of gear....3 pieces of certain gear with 1 stat difference for what I presume is a build that might pop up....I don't remember where I left off and what would be the point even if I did....anyone else delete all their gear and keep like one set to start over and of course mats and gems....

Yea I know seasons....BUT ITS ALL GONNA COME OVER haha
It all depends on how well you organize your stash space. If you are like me, and were diligent about unlocking most, if not all, or your Seasonal stash tabs, then you should have somewhere close to three tabs dedicated to items for each main attribute (Strength, Dexterity, and Intelligence) and character-class. Whereas, if you throw items haphazardly into your stash space and forget about them, then it can be daunting to try and figure out why you saved them.

With that said, I would never needlessly discard of an item that could be useful. Chances are though, if you haven't played for a while and haven't accumulated a lot of ancient items, then it is probably safe to throw those items away or Cube them. Of course, casual players (like myself) operate on a different set of rules, so you might have someone tell you otherwise.
I need to clean out my seasonal tabs before it ends. I have so much crap I'm just never going to use.
I hung on to all my old gear- truth is it's a mistake. Now at the end of the season, I salvage everything I'm not geared in
12/09/2016 01:55 PMPosted by MASKOAA
I haven't played in months....so I log in and go to my inventory and its just full of gear....3 pieces of certain gear with 1 stat difference for what I presume is a build that might pop up....I don't remember where I left off and what would be the point even if I did....anyone else delete all their gear and keep like one set to start over and of course mats and gems....

Yea I know seasons....BUT ITS ALL GONNA COME OVER haha

I have done this a few times in Era's and it can be very rewarding. TO make it more fun, if seasons are not for you especially, do not use your paragon for quite some time as you collect gear again.
Hang on to the ancients and go build you a nice LoN when they combine it with your off season. Thats what I do...just trash the rest.
It would be nice if only class-specific gear had hard-coded main stats and all other gear simply had "+NNN main stat" - it would avoid so much needless duplication for secondary build items.
I can't imagine what else you'd do with 6+ stash tabs full of seasonal gear.

I keep a few choice Ancients and anything really unusual and everything else gets broken down for mats before the season ends.

It's tough enough on the second class in season and impossible to deal with integrating even a stash page worth of gear into my long-term stash. Mules help a little bit, with one for each class but that's still only a page worth of space, including the gear slots on the toon.

Seasons are purely to keep people interested in the game at some level at this point. That's because there's no meaningful endgame around. GR's are great and all but they don't fill the need to have meaningful content to play in. They're too short and too much like everything else.
once seasonal roll over happens I break everything down. Only thing kept is gear my char is wearing. Non season stash is full of legacy crap and mats.