My second season. Questions.

General Discussion
Started playing D3 in the middle of last season. I got a quick flash of how the game is played when someone power leveled only a few hours into campaign.

Last season I played a Wizard; Vyr Archon Build. With the right gear it was a really fun build because I could deal and take a lot of damage all while have great movement.

My questions for starting the new season on Friday are:
- What is the fastest way to level 70, since no one will be power leveling right away.
- I don't want to pick a character blind again, and would like to choose who I play off the gear that is awarded at Lv. 70 this time. What class would allow me to use a majority of the class gear awarded, allow me to possibly get the stash tab easily solo, and have good movement capabilities?

Thanks.
Fastest way to power level solo:
If I remember correctly, people generally do the halls of agony, only beacause of the simple enemies, and the density, makes it easy to get sprees.

Easiest to get stash tab using gear provided in gift would be Crusader.

The invoker set you get is very very tanky, and the set dungeon is super easy to master, you don't even need to change your build for it.
Season 5 I got up to GR 65 with the invoker set on HC, without using any augments or decent gems. (I HAD high level gems, but, you know how hardcore goes.) I only had gems around 45-50ish at the time when it ended.
01/02/2017 01:31 PMPosted by Tommiiie
Started playing D3 in the middle of last season. I got a quick flash of how the game is played when someone power leveled only a few hours into campaign.

Last season I played a Wizard; Vyr Archon Build. With the right gear it was a really fun build because I could deal and take a lot of damage all while have great movement.

- What is the fastest way to level 70, since no one will be power leveling right away.
- I don't want to pick a character blind again, and would like to choose who I play off the gear that is awarded at Lv. 70 this time. What class would allow me to use a majority of the class gear awarded, allow me to possibly get the stash tab easily solo, and have good movement capabilities?

Thanks.

This season take your level 1 character and run it through the event. You'll probably end up close to 70 at the end. (plus you'll get a special pet butcher for doing it correctly).
01/02/2017 04:36 PMPosted by ChaosLeech
01/02/2017 01:31 PMPosted by Tommiiie

Thanks.

This season take your level 1 character and run it through the event. You'll probably end up close to 70 at the end. (plus you'll get a special pet butcher for doing it correctly).

Yeah that sounds like a good idea. I still never beat D3's story, and never played D1 ever... I just now need to decide on what character would be best to level first and get the set gear with. Looking into Crusader, the horse mount definetly fits the speed I was looking for, but killing looks slow. Might just be the difficulty they were playing on though.
You already have a feel for Wizard so go ahead and do it again. Next season is Firebird which is the best in slot and the set dungeon is super easy. If you want to level fast then play with your clan.
01/02/2017 07:03 PMPosted by WitchesStone
You already have a feel for Wizard so go ahead and do it again. Next season is Firebird which is the best in slot and the set dungeon is super easy. If you want to level fast then play with your clan.

Kinda wanted to try every class and one or two per season seems like the way to do it.
Look at the season 9 notes it will tell you which set is being given for hedrigs gift.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20407576/first-look-season-9-12-23-2016

Its always good to review
If you're looking to try characters, pick one to use as your main progression pusher, then pick the other and make it a speed farmer. ie.. crusader for pushing, barb for farming, monk for pushing, demon hunter for farming..

That way you try 2 classes at once and gear them will be a little easier since they share the main stat, they can help gear each other.
Yeah I looked into a few builds and I think the SUNWUKO will be fast and easy to gear since it uses a lot of the hedrigs gift pieces, at least compared to a crusader build (which had my eye). I wasn't aware that Monk and Demon Hunter shared stats or gear or what ever. Good to know.