Red Soul Shard stun in Hardcore

Hardcore
is this thing even worth using?

this thing is going to kill a lot of people when it procs at just the wrong time like right after killing a pack of elites leaving you stunned in their explosion.
Don't use it. The stun is long-lasting and you will die.
I believe that it is supposed to be a speed leveling gem of sorts, hence the cooldown and resource cost reduction. Because, in any other scenario, it could backfire spectacularly and get you killed. Well, the Developers certainly didn't design it for pushing Greater Rifts, that's for sure.
I don't recommend to use the gem in HC mode.
I used it in SC mode and using it in GR while it's fun but it does put me into near death situation many many times. You can use in HC but don't rage over it when it's stunned you in middle of molten and you might say bye bye to your HC hero :P
You can also use Krem's bracer to been immune to the stun effect.
01/09/2017 04:41 PMPosted by Lloyd

If you use the Krem Brace either wear it or put in cube it will canceled out the Fire effect cause the stun immunity. I tested and pretty sure other player had same ideal and tested too...it doesn't work that way :) However some skill like DH Vengeance, during the duration the stun effect won't interrupt you and the fire just goes out, or vault at a right moment but that's just pure of luck. So if you have a built to keep Vengeance almost up permanent then you have an OP skill up for free (of course you will need to level it up like all other gems).
Would skills which break cc negate the stun effect?
Use crowd control immunity, and then it's worth it. Insaaaaane damage output on it, one shots things up till about rift level 60.
01/09/2017 04:41 PMPosted by Lloyd

how about Invigorating Gem?