Necro announced too early, feels like hype is dead

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
12/30/2016 03:40 PMPosted by Demonmonger
Unfortunately, a lot of you did, and are !@#$%ing now because you did not get exactly what you wanted. Sort of insane if you ask me.

Oh I'm sorry. I did not realize you were so stupid that you read through the whole forum as if it's one giant collective hive mind, that wants everything immediately and is satisfied with nothing at all, ever....

lol....

If you think "people" are unhappy because they set themselves up for failure by wanting;

Diablo 4 announcement + D3 expansion announcement +D2 HD etc...

I'm really not sure how to explain it to you, without typing a novel....
They had to announce Necro or else there will be no announcement.
Necro was the only card Blizzard had to show. The much expected expansion was non existent.
2 stash tabs for sale.
2 Character slots.
Not enough. 1 HC Necro. 1 Softcore Necro. Slots filled.
Stash tabs filled with necro gear.

Oh, and a new character too. If the development of the Crusader is any indication of the depth of the Necro, mmm expecting failure and disappointment.

Just let me buy more stash tabs dammit.
12/30/2016 03:00 PMPosted by Demonmonger
Myself along with many other players keep copies of a lot of different items if they are rolled really well, you never know when they will be good.
Never, because seasons.

I can count on one hand the items that were "good" at any point in time after they were released and/or the item was changed.

Yup, keep all of those Stones of Jordan! They may be "good" someday! ...oh wait. No, no they won't be. When/If Stones of Jordan become good the item will be changed to make it "good". Thus, older copies will be rendered obsolete. Or worse, Blizzard will change the relevant skills to not work with older items or nerf them to the ground (like Sacrifice/ZDog builds).

The only modern item I can think of off-hand that has any meaning to keep would be Gesture of Orpheus, because the updated version actually lowered the Slow Time cooldown (old = 75%, new = 50%). But guess what? Blizzard changed DMO to remove the damage component of Slow Time, so it's moot anyways.
I got excited when i watched the video as it was being revealed at blizzcon.

It sank in that it's going to be in the same system and boring game it currently is. So, now it's just "let d3 die, move on".

To me anyways.
12/31/2016 10:06 AMPosted by Shrewify

It sank in that it's going to be in the same system and boring game it currently is. So, now it's just "let d3 die, move on".

To me anyways.

yep that's basically it...that "sinking" feeling of what you want to explore and investigate and test drive, inevitably being predictable or lackluster in the end, thanks to the overall poor, shallow design of the game.

There will be several Necro skills that never see any play because they suck at doing damage and nothing else matters, the sets will be predictably mailed to the players, and trifecta stats will dominate. oh and mainstat x 10,000....

it would be nice to be surprised, but the core of the game and the skill and motivation of the developers ensures that nothing surprising will ever come sadly...
12/31/2016 10:06 AMPosted by Shrewify

To me anyways.
Exactly my feelings.
There will be 3-4 skills (in the sets) that see any place.

Curses? Won't be over a 25% buff/debuff (and probably closer to 15%), otherwise Necro will be required in every single meta group.

I just don't think there's that much different that they can bring to the D3 table. Initially, I thought Necro would be a class based on Vitality, which would be entirely different than what we have in D3 currently. But yet again, incompetent Blizzard devs bring us the same class framework - push/pull generator/spender model where the most effective builds will completely ignore cooldowns, resources, or both.

Color me 100% unimpressed. The fact that Blizzard is attempting to charge for the class makes it all the more insulting.
Yeah they announced it too early.....but if they didn't announce it....what else would they have had to announce? Just the Darkening of Tristram? Without another game or expansion to talk about it, I'm not sure if they gave themselves many other options.
what there was a hype for it? It's just a tuned down necro from D2 with better graphics. The only reason I guess they made Necro as a new char xpac was because in the older side quest they already had a necro npc in D3. So why not just add some skills to it and bam, new $ cow.

I would rather see them bring back spear amazon or druid.
It'll be out December 31st 2017 just in time for them to announce the Amazon pack.
I am in fact, still hyped.

While i'd like to see an expansion radically shuffle up the end game gearing, skill choice, and rift running, i'm still really happy they just keep adding content to a game they have zero obligation to keep supporting.

It shows how they truly care about the franchise. Diablo is my go to casual game, and will continue to be as long as they add something cool to check out once in awhile.
They said it was what they were working on and estimate it ready mid 2017. What they announced is what they have so far. I expect them to have more content and maybe even make it an xpac. If it's ready in June there will still be a beta before it goes live. I think Blizzard should give a play by play update or a blue.
01/01/2017 05:28 PMPosted by dmonk

While i'd like to see an expansion radically shuffle up the end game gearing, skill choice, and rift running, i'm still really happy they just keep adding content to a game they have zero obligation to keep supporting.

It shows how they truly care about the franchise.

Shoveling back in borrowed elements from Diablo 2, that they were dumb enough to not include in the base game years ago and many years after they appeared in the above mentioned prequel, shows how clueless they are and little they care...

and I'm sure they happily believe that they have zero obligation to support the game; the money has all been collected so they don't have to do anything faster than a few years and character growth does not have to be any more interesting and fun than "moar mainstat"

It shows how they truly care about the franchise. Diablo is my go to casual game, and will continue to be as long as they add something cool to check out once in awhile.

You can already play the Necromancer class. It's in a game called 'Diablo 2'. You should check it out sometime. I hear its pretty good.

Having played a Necromancer nearly exclusively in Diablo 2, I can honestly say that I'm more excited that D2 got a Windows 10 patch than the Necromancer being added to D3.
12/28/2016 01:30 AMPosted by BobWitchDR
12/27/2016 11:21 PMPosted by Sylvax
There is more than just the Necro with the DLC. Yes, the Necro is the main thing, but to say it's JUST the Necro is inaccurate.

" In addition to unlocking the Necromancer as a playable character, players will also receive an in-game pet, two additional character slots, two additional stash tabs (on PC), a portrait frame, pennant, banner, and banner sigil."

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20324407

Tabs and cosmetics aren't meaningful content. None of those things change my gameplay experience. If I buy the necro, I'll be doing the exact same thing I'm doing now. Even the two new maps they showed off (releasing independently of the necro) don't do a whole lot since the game is so centered around rifting. It's just two new maps going into a random rotation I have no control over.

12/28/2016 01:30 AMPosted by BobWitchDR
It's just two new maps going into a random rotation I have no control over.

actually those two new maps bring all new monsters.
12/31/2016 10:04 AMPosted by Shivera
Yup, keep all of those Stones of Jordan! They may be "good" someday! ...oh wait. No, no they won't be.

actually DPS monk uses SOJ
Blizzard have always made a habit of announcing things too early, Diablo 3 didn't come out until nearly 4 years later, with features cut!
01/01/2017 06:56 PMPosted by Shurgosa

It shows how they truly care about the franchise.

Shoveling back in borrowed elements from Diablo 2, that they were dumb enough to not include in the base game years ago and many years after they appeared in the above mentioned prequel, shows how clueless they are and little they care...

and I'm sure they happily believe that they have zero obligation to support the game; the money has all been collected so they don't have to do anything faster than a few years and character growth does not have to be any more interesting and fun than "moar mainstat"

I have piles and piles of cash just waiting for someone who makes a great (action) roleplaying game -- completely free of cheap arcade !@#$, preferably without transmogs too, just as a reminder that the game actually is a serious roleplaying game and not some ADD High Fantasy Second Life MMO where the sole difference between characters is the quality of their differently transmogged gear with the same base items.

But nobody wants to take my money.

It feels. Weird.
To have the time.
To have the money.
To be a part of a market.
To be a part of a demand...

and have zero supply for years at an end.

What the actual hell happened to Demand --> Supply..?