Necromancer Q&A – Video Now Available

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 2 3 22 Next
Will the launch of the necromancer hit the console versions the same day or is that to be announced.
01/20/2017 11:51 AMPosted by PhantomLeap
01/20/2017 11:19 AMPosted by MissCheetah

It will work exactly like the Crusader works now. If you don't have it you can still play with someone who does. You will sometimes even get Necro loot (smart loot is not 100%) that you can give to a friend who is playing a necro.

That would piss me off to get loot for another class I don't own.Hope that's not true.

It is true and it is how the game already works. You can get Crusader loot even if you don't have RoS and you can play with friends who have RoS then hand it to them. That won't change.
Will we see Iron Maiden in abilitys and thorns mechanic on this class?
The heart of diablo 2 was not defeating a boss (with "15-70k" dps in 10 hits) it was the real time pvp (no the best in world of games) now all we have is noob seasons with same party members as charecters , same gemstones, same game mode with maximum 4 players, same sets ( last 4 seasons nothing new) , some of the useless legendarys are just remade to identified before we just BREAK them. We still want to get good PVP , runes, druid, assassin, necromancer. We all know that this game cannot be done in a year, but you had enought time to make Diablo 3 better game...
All of these seasons we ( all the players who still loyal to this game) get nothing than a BIG DISAPOINTMENT ....
Nerco pack is the last way to change this...
I have a question about Diablo's future - is this game survive next 5 years? I really love this game and i want play in Diablo for the rest of my life. :)
This game is a really big part of my life. Better part. I love Diablo III.
Great to see necromancer making a return! And timely as lately seasons have gotten stale rerunning the same old classes with the same old sets!

Questions I`ve got for the release would be

1: How much content are you planning for release? Will he have as much variation on builds (available sets etc) and play style as the current classes?

2: Will other classes see additional content? More items, sets, tweaks?

3: Will we see more cosmetics for collection? Both in terms of your equipables and the wings etc

Looking forward to whatever comes out of it regardless!
1 - Together with Necro coming from D2 will you add a competitive legendary power to Stone Of Jordan (old D2 ring) ?

2 - My favorite build with necro was Fire Golem it will be available ?

3 - Witch Doctor has a lot of Poison Spells so will Necro has a different kind of Poison ? (Like poison contamination leech 20% life at first hit etc). Will you copy the poison mechanic or it will be unique for each one ?

4 - The main combo pieces generally are not pieces of boots, armor, amulet, glooves, will we see something different for Necro ? (usually the combo pieces are concentrated in weapon/shield/ring/helm/bracers/belt).

5 - The most hyper thing with Necro it was making full acts caves run collecting a lot of rare stuff so will caves from the game be stuffed with something interesting ? (caves - higher globin pet chance appearing, etc)

6 - I loved doing Cow Runs with Necro and keep exploding and poison all cows over there. But at D3 everybody complain about Not Cow Level because it's easier to drop legendaries at GR and Rifts because the rift and gr active legendary drop buff. Will you willing to add something to become Not Cow Level more interesting? Maybe one random green piece or one random ancient legendary after you kill Cow Queen and so on.

7 - With the arrival of Necro will you add a proper destination for thousands of legendary potions which people drop and bypass them in ground ? Maybe Necro could curse legendary potions to fusion them in Kanai Cube and to create a lot of variants of them or anything.

8 - A lot of players already dropped mostly Pets in D3. With Necro expansion it will be different ? Will you add some kind of progression for Pets ? Maybe stacking Pets and leveling them to open other abilities ? Gems give power abilities, maybe pet could boost survival/toughness abilities ?

9 - This Necro expansion will update and balance Follower abilities and itens ?

10 - At D2 Necro Summoner Build could keep more than 30 Skeletons and 30 Skeletons mages in same map for each Necro character without a minimum latency. At D3 it will be possible without lagging everyone ?

11 - Necromancer weapons generally had all elemental damage options. Will all elements damage be possible to be done ?

12 - The most interesting stuff from head skulls from necromancer it was when you blocked one attack it would cast a defensive support skills. Does that will be brought to D3 ? (example after being hit you active a supportive rune for 10 seconds).

13 - If you added Curse Spells for Necro could i substitute one character dps in group just cursing monster ? It would be nice to keep cursing monsters to reduce their defense and attack. So it would have to be better than all other character zdps to worth to buy it.

14 - Two necros playing together do their ability will stack to encourage people making Necros ?

15 - Necromancer is known for revive deads to live. Will necros have a special power to ressurrect players in GR's instantaneously or way faster ?

16 - Necro had power to boost every player weapon damage (adding extra fire damage to damage dealt) is something similar coming in this shape ?

17 - Will this expansion bring higher jewel than flawless royal to be just craftable? It would be interesting some gem level to spent 1k flawless royal to craft.

18 - T13 is very easy to play any thinking to bring with Necro expansion T14-T15 ?

19 - Any planning to make Kanai Cube really powerfull and to create a good destination to junk itens with Necro Expansion arrival ? Maybe after extracting all legendary itens tab and ancient legendary itens tab we could get some benefits each time all legendary is extracted and reseted.

20 - Will Necro expansion bring more gameplay alternatives ? The sinergy existing in D2 skills could be done in D3 but not in Skills way and something could be added to Campaign to bring a sinergy with GRs.

21 - Does DEV will add some surprising thing not expected in Necro Expansion ? Like enabled PvP for characters from level 1 to 20, PvP leveling gems to balance and neutralize excessive damage, crowd effects etc. (blocking bug gems from level 70 itens).

22 - Ancient legendary itens boost stats for 30% but don't increase critical hit chance (10%), cool down reduction (8%), resources cost reduction (8%), movement speed (12%), increase attack speed (7%). What about to make ancient in Necro expansion boost a little more of theses stats ? Maybe 1 or 2% more already is good.

23 - Mostly players get to level 70 in 10 minutes in T6 seasonal rushes. What about to give +100% damage and +100% armor and all resistance for players which level killing monsters by their own in Necro Expansion ?

24 - Diablo was great for their cinematics history. Will really cinematics coming with Necro expansion ? Or just drawed stuff ?

25 - Will you attend to public desires ? For public 5 players games be possible with all those own Necro Expansion ?

26 - A lot of games cast pre-order buy Expansion so they will be dropped in a server to test it for a season per example and they heritage the exp and itens for the next season like non season stuff. Any plans with that ? (Example necro will be released in season 10 so who pre ordered will play it in season 9 in a particular server to help testing and give feedback to correct bugs etc).
1 How many necro can have active summon? ( on yt we can see 10 skeletons)?
2 You will be able to control the type summoned skeleton (Warrior archer mage "knight / tank")?
3 Besides skeletons and golems are planned for other pet?
4 What kind will be special armor/addon (We know the weapon will scythe, or something outside of the will)?
5 Is necromancer will have power-up /transformations (like Akarat's Champion)? maybe lich form?
6 When we can see another gameplay movie?
Will the Necromancer set items be released simultaneously as the Necro goes live?
Forgive me if this is already known info.

I'm curious what main stat it will get. since we already have 2 of each of them now (Dex,Str,Int)

Will people who purchase get more character spaces? (i run out of these every season and have to delete old players - and i only really run two builds but on both HC and non-HC).
When is this kid dropping
01/20/2017 02:23 PMPosted by Prology
Forgive me if this is already known info.

I'm curious what main stat it will get. since we already have 2 of each of them now (Dex,Str,Int)

Will people who purchase get more character spaces? (i run out of these every season and have to delete old players - and i only really run two builds but on both HC and non-HC).

Yes, this is already known. Main stat is INT. Resource was called Essence (as in life essence). Yes, we get two more character slots with the purchase as well as two stash tabs, pet, portrait, etc.
Will the necromancer be left alone like it happened to some classes on the game that doesn`t get decent sets some of them are worthless but sometimes they were good and they got nerfed?

What kind of maps are you guys planning on adding with the Necro package? A reformulated cave map with new textures, colors and effects?

Will the devs think of what I`m asking and actually make it worth the $ we players will be paying for the Necro DLC? And make the game more balanced with more diversity of builds for all classes as far as sets are concerned?

PS: this is not a trolling question, I`m asking it for real.
Hi,
i Really hope for more stuff then just a new hero class.
think is more to Ask for a new Act, but something new?
i
Forgive me if this is known information. What are the weapon types that the Necromancer will be able to wield?
Is the Necro gonna be coming with his own expansion, or is it just going to be the necro?
Can you please make crafting materials act like currency as in not take up stash inventory space since we can't trade them anyway.
01/20/2017 12:46 PMPosted by PardalBR
1 - Together with Necro coming from D2 will you add a competitive legendary power to Stone Of Jordan (old D2 ring) ?

2 - My favorite build with necro was Fire Golem it will be available ?

3 - Witch Doctor has a lot of Poison Spells so will Necro has a different kind of Poison ? (Like poison contamination leech 20% life at first hit etc). Will you copy the poison mechanic or it will be unique for each one ?

4 - The main combo pieces generally are not pieces of boots, armor, amulet, glooves, will we see something different for Necro ? (usually the combo pieces are concentrated in weapon/shield/ring/helm/bracers/belt).

5 - The most hyper thing with Necro it was making full acts caves run collecting a lot of rare stuff so will caves from the game be stuffed with something interesting ? (caves - higher globin pet chance appearing, etc)

6 - I loved doing Cow Runs with Necro and keep exploding and poison all cows over there. But at D3 everybody complain about Not Cow Level because it's easier to drop legendaries at GR and Rifts because the rift and gr active legendary drop buff. Will you willing to add something to become Not Cow Level more interesting? Maybe one random green piece or one random ancient legendary after you kill Cow Queen and so on.

7 - With the arrival of Necro will you add a proper destination for thousands of legendary potions which people drop and bypass them in ground ? Maybe Necro could curse legendary potions to fusion them in Kanai Cube and to create a lot of variants of them or anything.

8 - A lot of players already dropped mostly Pets in D3. With Necro expansion it will be different ? Will you add some kind of progression for Pets ? Maybe stacking Pets and leveling them to open other abilities ? Gems give power abilities, maybe pet could boost survival/toughness abilities ?

9 - This Necro expansion will update and balance Follower abilities and itens ?

10 - At D2 Necro Summoner Build could keep more than 30 Skeletons and 30 Skeletons mages in same map for each Necro character without a minimum latency. At D3 it will be possible without lagging everyone ?

11 - Necromancer weapons generally had all elemental damage options. Will all elements damage be possible to be done ?

12 - The most interesting stuff from head skulls from necromancer it was when you blocked one attack it would cast a defensive support skills. Does that will be brought to D3 ? (example after being hit you active a supportive rune for 10 seconds).

13 - If you added Curse Spells for Necro could i substitute one character dps in group just cursing monster ? It would be nice to keep cursing monsters to reduce their defense and attack. So it would have to be better than all other character zdps to worth to buy it.

14 - Two necros playing together do their ability will stack to encourage people making Necros ?

15 - Necromancer is known for revive deads to live. Will necros have a special power to ressurrect players in GR's instantaneously or way faster ?

16 - Necro had power to boost every player weapon damage (adding extra fire damage to damage dealt) is something similar coming in this shape ?

17 - Will this expansion bring higher jewel than flawless royal to be just craftable? It would be interesting some gem level to spent 1k flawless royal to craft.

18 - T13 is very easy to play any thinking to bring with Necro expansion T14-T15 ?

19 - Any planning to make Kanai Cube really powerfull and to create a good destination to junk itens with Necro Expansion arrival ? Maybe after extracting all legendary itens tab and ancient legendary itens tab we could get some benefits each time all legendary is extracted and reseted.

20 - Will Necro expansion bring more gameplay alternatives ? The sinergy existing in D2 skills could be done in D3 but not in Skills way and something could be added to Campaign to bring a sinergy with GRs.

21 - Does DEV will add some surprising thing not expected in Necro Expansion ? Like enabled PvP for characters from level 1 to 20, PvP leveling gems to balance and neutralize excessive damage, crowd effects etc. (blocking bug gems from level 70 itens).

22 - Ancient legendary itens boost stats for 30% but don't increase critical hit chance (10%), cool down reduction (8%), resources cost reduction (8%), movement speed (12%), increase attack speed (7%). What about to make ancient in Necro expansion boost a little more of theses stats ? Maybe 1 or 2% more already is good.

23 - Mostly players get to level 70 in 10 minutes in T6 seasonal rushes. What about to give +100% damage and +100% armor and all resistance for players which level killing monsters by their own in Necro Expansion ?

24 - Diablo was great for their cinematics history. Will really cinematics coming with Necro expansion ? Or just drawed stuff ?

25 - Will you attend to public desires ? For public 5 players games be possible with all those own Necro Expansion ?

26 - A lot of games cast pre-order buy Expansion so they will be dropped in a server to test it for a season per example and they heritage the exp and itens for the next season like non season stuff. Any plans with that ? (Example necro will be released in season 10 so who pre ordered will play it in season 9 in a particular server to help testing and give feedback to correct bugs etc).

Two words, Fifty words.
I Have But one! When can i Preorder?
1. Do you have Necromancer set dungeon?

2. Will be any beta to try? Closed Beta?

3. What element[s] type Necromancer can use