[2.4.3] (S9) Manald Heal Builds + Mechanics

Wizard
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 Next
Couple of days ago I crafted a (awesome) Tal Rasha's Allegiance with the following stats:

Int xxx
Socket
CHD 96%
CHC 10%

I rolled the intelligence into 20% lightning damage thinking my Tal/Vyr archon build would benefit greatly from it. (Note I already haven + lightning dmg on bracers)
But now I've read some more info and it seems that the extra lightning damage is irrelevant for this build (since the (burst)damage solely comes from MH procs).

What should reroll instead of elemental damage? CDR? Or just change it back to intelligence?
Could someone help me out? Thanks in advance.

Link to profile:
https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DHROLIE-2734/hero/83909751
Couple of days ago I crafted a (awesome) Tal Rasha's Allegiance

What should reroll instead of elemental damage? CDR? Or just change it back to intelligence?
Could someone help me out? Thanks in advance.

Link to profile:
https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DHROLIE-2734/hero/83909751

I'm pretty sure rerolling the elemental to attack speed is the most optimal for standard lightning wiz, and probably CDR if you swap to the convention of elements build.
Thanks alot, rolled it into attack speed.
Feels like I'm proccing MH a lot more!
Confirmation bias. Generally I think overall COE is superior in both solo and groups at this point. Especially damage wise. If I were you, I'd roll CDR and go ahead and learn to play a CoE variant.
cleared 106 a few times in a group with no coe lightning wiz. Came close on 107 a few times, but I think 106 is the max this can go. With coe replacing obsidian, with super cdr on items is the goal and can probably do 108.
Just a question, has somebody tried the kill dagger instead of pig sticker? The +2,6% Stun on hit afflix should be able to proc MH or am I mistaken?

I tried a +1,5% stun on hit dagger and stun defintiely procs more often, but overall it is still weaker than pig sticker.

P.S: Yes I have seen it says on MH "Stun proced by Paralysis", but I guess better tested than trust the description
Well The bug that Cratic found is still there. Wiz can't proc MH if hydras do and hydras send to also interrupts your own proc.
03/22/2017 07:11 AMPosted by Tee
Well The bug that Cratic found is still there. Wiz can't proc MH if hydras do and hydras send to also interrupts your own proc.
For !@#$ sake. Does the bug occur when only one hydra is out as oppose to two? Also the bug prevents paralysis from proccing on any target, not just the one hydra is attacking right?
03/22/2017 07:11 AMPosted by Tee

Thanks for reminding me Tee - I've created a new bug report for this issue:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753677495

Please support it where you can. xTonyJ also confirmed issue with multi target.

I was testing double hydra against single target.
He was testing single hydra against multi target.

Both appeared to have issues. Old bug on PTR forums was up for two weeks and no fix, so not sure if this is "high priority" yet.
Sorry Christos.. anyway yes I tested in game at GR 95 for both single and 2 Hydras. Both wielding sparker n cubing it as well as Starfire and AW.
It doesn't matter where your wiz aims or what it hits, whenever Hydra procs MH it cancels yours. For my testing I spawned Hydra in the middle of the Elite pack while I aim the opposite way where trash were at and no procs happened during my DW channelling.

Thanks again Cratic.

People might say it's not much of a difference in groups but i think it is. Because now your moment in Archon is only really useful to stack stricken and stay away in distance for Zeis to buff your hydras. You're GIMP with with a possibility of your wiz proccing MH. So instead of you plus your 2 hydras, it is just hydras.

Each Hydra I believe has an independent MH proc, maybe someonr can test if Both hydras are not able proc MH together because of this bug?
I ran a few GR yesterday and while my testing wasn't very scientific (no frame by frame analysis or anything like that), it certainly looked and felt like there was a bug where my disintegration wave seemed much less effective overall.

I use the CoE variant and at your comfortable speed level the DW will typically wipe out hordes of mobs in one swoop. I didn't see much of that at all in my test runs. I noticed more DW procs after the hydras expired. I tested by placing hydras and then channeling DW at mobs isolated in another part of the battlefield. While hydras were chomping away I channeled DW continuously at lone mobs and seemed to do nothing.

The hydras themselves are beastly on single target though!
Why do people kanai RORG instead of manald heal?
they cube the worst rolled ring.
Playing MH for the first time (skipped the last few seasons) and having a lot of fun.

I've been using Shock Pulse - Living Lightning as my main skill and it seems to nuke whatever it hits when it does trigger a MH proc. Every now and again it seems like I'll get an unlucky streak where I'm not proccing, which can be annoying, but I noticed something odd when pairing the skill with Arcane Torrent: whenever it seemed like I was getting an unlucky streak with proccing MH, switching from one skill to the other usually resulted in successful procs very quickly. At first I figured it was just me only noticing when it was successful, but it seemed to be a really reliable way to "reset" my proc chance.

Might be nothing but figured I'd mention it. Haven't really looked into everything yet but this thread has already been a great resource (gotta switch out some gems and lightning % now that I've learned what doesn't affect the MH proc damage).
04/04/2017 05:23 AMPosted by Plats
Why do people kanai RORG instead of manald heal?

Being able to roll CHC, CHD, or damage range on a ring can be better than the INT you'd have from RoRG. Having the option for 2 damage affixes is also a plus. The best RoRG can get you is: INT / AS / CDR / Socket.

However, acquiring a near max Manald heal can prove... trying.

This season (S10) we have primals, so a nicely rolled primal ancient MH might be the ticket.

That said, I've found a primal MH already this season, and it's even worse than my non ancient ones (even RoRG worn would be better):

INT
VIT
LPS
Socket
Thorns

Feelings a mixture of RAGE inducing with a side dish of sadness.
Hello Cratic!

I observed that this guide is no longer listed in the OP.
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85740-2-4-3-gr94-tal6-vyr4-manald-no-halo-apds-ice

Imo, this build has a big value for two reasons:
1. It is a very solid farmer for solo high gem upgrades.
2. It provides the necessary learning curve before a player switches to the CoE variant.

1. I am using Aether-APDs-Trapped in GRs 90-92. 92 feels slow on the RG.
I switch to Aether-APDs-Stricken for GRs 93-96. 96 feels slow during the Rift and after that I switch to CoE for 96-98.
The smooth gameplay and the incorporation of APDs may give frequently a 5th Gem upgrade.
2. This is the first step to learn the Aether-Combo, which monsters we tank, which we avoid, which build stacks or progression etc.

I know that Hydras are hot now, but imo, Hydras have more value in Group play, while this build has good value in Solo play.
Mh is triggered by twister(electric rune) on ps4 i am running full des as i just started s10 (lol slow player) i can do tx barely at the moment lower is almost too easy though.
Using twister time slow with at as my main. At pops twister every second for elecric spam. Its ok for now.
04/06/2017 05:56 AMPosted by Dragonfire
Hello Cratic!
I observed that this guide is no longer listed in the OP.

Hi Dragonfire - you're right, I removed that build from the OP when the CoE Aether variant (as presented by xTonyj) came about as I felt it surpassed / eclipsed my own take on it.

Did not know it would still be of value. I will add it back in the OP, but with caveat in the listing. Thanks!
Does elite damage on a starfire augment MH damage? I looked for it specifically and couldn't find it. Seems like it would if Sunkeeper elite damage works, but I want to be sure.
04/19/2017 11:21 AMPosted by SuusJudex
Does elite damage on a starfire augment MH damage? I looked for it specifically and couldn't find it. Seems like it would if Sunkeeper elite damage works, but I want to be sure.

Just going from what I remember - the weapon / source rolls for elite % work as expected, as does the diamond in weapon.

As far as I know, it's only the elite damage from furnace in cube, and elite damage from bane of the powerful that don't increase MH proc damage.