[2.4.3] (S9) Manald Heal Builds + Mechanics

Wizard
Prev 1 6 7 8 23 Next
01/17/2017 08:32 PMPosted by Cratic
So if your spell is speed co = 2 like electrocute, once every 2 ticks. If your spell is speed co = 3 like AT:SD or Disintegrate, once every 3 ticks.

Wouldn't that contradict with claims that AT:SD or Archon disintegrate procs Manald faster and paralysis not being subject to proc coefficients?

On a side note, if any of the downvoters could at least voice their opinion and help me improve the build I'd really thank them.
01/17/2017 08:41 PMPosted by Somehow
Wouldn't that contradict with claims that AT:SD or Archon disintegrate procs Manald faster and paralysis not being subject to proc coefficients?

Well no, since we're talking about paralysis chance on cast, not MH damage procs. Also - proc coefficients limit the chance of a spell proccing. It can still be 15% flat chance per roll in the scenario above.

If what I put forth were true, you'd still gain benefit from higher AS as far as helping proc paralysis more often, just not as much benefit as it might be otherwise.

voice their opinion

Maybe it's not the build, but how you presented it. Shorter summaries with at least a link for the in-game calculator might be better. Losing some of the bold might help too.
I think it's how Cratic described. Lets take 2 lightning spells with very different mechanics;

AT: Static discharge, per attack cycle has 3 missiles and 2 charged bolts, all of which does the proc damage on cast

Shock pulse lightning orb has 1 orb cast per attack cycle

If both spells has a flat 15% chance to proc the damage on cast, when it does proc AT:SD does 5 times the damage in comparison to lightning orb.

01/17/2017 11:43 PMPosted by Cratic

Well no, since we're talking about paralysis chance on cast, not MH damage procs. Also - proc coefficients limit the chance of a spell proccing. It can still be 15% flat chance per roll in the scenario above.

If what I put forth were true, you'd still gain benefit from higher AS as far as helping proc paralysis more often, just not as much benefit as it might be otherwise.

voice their opinion

Maybe it's not the build, but how you presented it. Shorter summaries with at least a link for the in-game calculator might be better. Losing some of the bold might help too.
[quote="207509533755"]On a side note, if any of the downvoters could at least voice their opinion and help me improve the build I'd really thank them.

I think it is mostly because "your" build is nothing new but only the Standard vyr/rasha Combo everyone uses already anyhow. The only difference is that you put in the familiar instead of a frost cast like Blizzard. The result is that you cannot get 4 Tal Rasha Stacks anymore.

So to summarize, your build is just a copy of the Standard but worse. I think that is why People downvoted it.
01/17/2017 11:43 PMPosted by Cratic

Thanks for the input.

01/18/2017 05:01 AMPosted by Ratte27
I think it is mostly because "your" build is nothing new but only the Standard vyr/rasha Combo everyone uses already anyhow. The only difference is that you put in the familiar instead of a frost cast like Blizzard. The result is that you cannot get 4 Tal Rasha Stacks anymore.

So to summarize, your build is just a copy of the Standard but worse. I think that is why People downvoted it.

Still, I don't think I've ever claimed that it was all new and original. It's pretty close to the standard gr build except some minor tweaks to make it more suitable to T13 farming. The 4 TR stacks are only needed to push GRs because of the insane 8 seconds archon burst.

I just wanted to explain those tweaks thoroughly, but I do understand now why it was poorly received!
Y'know I realized this while carrying crappy pubs, but... there is another way to ignite in or out of archon with my setup...

JUST DIE!... For the meteor. >_> It's a pity it has a rather sizable cooldown.

Anyway, I ran a 95 and almost ran a 96 in a... far from ideal pub party of 2 zbarbs and one zmonk (and the barbs were kind of ...). This is rather frustrating, as I really wish to test this build in a party with a zwiz as I sincerely believe it will just be so much more powerful in a zwiz party... Mainly because of the attack speed options and damage boosts offered by zwiz. With a zwiz, monk can run transgression and the time bubble offers extra IAS. Frankly I only know one zwiz on non season... One.

I just want to nitpick by the way: while the opening post says "high paragon"... 1.7k-ish isn't really that crazy. Let me put it this way, at 1.7k I'll have about 700 more paragon than 1k (1k is very reasonable for competitive seasonal wizards). That is I have 3500 more mainstat than a 1k wizard. It's 19500 vs 16000. I have 21% more damage than a 1k paragon wizard. This equates to a little over 1 gr level. To me "high paragon" really begins ~2k+. That's where, even in seasons, you need to be at to be considered truly competitive. 1.5k in seasons is fairly rare though.
Hi All,

I'm trying to make a LoN Manald build that would be viable for T13 split bounties. Is it even possible? Was mentioned in this thread that it exists and someone even did GR80 with it but I'm really curious if it's actually viable for speed farming 4ppl T13? I'm not going to push the leaderboards, just trying to find a decent setup that isnt too squishy and yet fast enough. So far, I'm at 9/13 ancients and am ok at T10 but T13 feels soooooo slooooow. Will extra 4 ancients and some augments make a huge difference?

Thank You!
Another question, do you guys normally channel/lock electrocute or make series/bursts of clicks for best results?
Anyone else finding the (now standard) Tals 6/Vyrs 4 Archon build to be exceedingly fast at speed farming (just replace furnace in cube with in-geom).
Infinite teleport.
One-shot everything.
Profit.

I'm loving it for solo/group farming keys or gem ups. And what's great is that I only really have to make one change (furnace <-> in-geom) and I'm good to go.
Hey, I'm looking for some feedback on my tal6/vyr4 manald setup:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shooter-1729/hero/38312

I know I have some CDR, AS, CC left to get on gear, and ancient weapon of course... I seem to get 1 shot a lot though... any help is appreciated.
01/18/2017 08:23 AMPosted by StoleOwnCar
I just want to nitpick by the way: while the opening post says "high paragon"... 1.7k-ish isn't really that crazy. Let me put it this way, at 1.7k I'll have about 700 more paragon than 1k (1k is very reasonable for competitive seasonal wizards).

I also find 1000 paragon reasonably attainable in a season even if you're a solo player. However, 1700 isn't attainable IMO without even more effort into the game.

You're right though - this is subjective opinion. I'll edit the OP to better represent the power level.
01/18/2017 08:38 AMPosted by Contragor
Is it even possible?

I think TX 4p would be reasonably possible for bounties with an LoN setup. T13 is less likely.
01/18/2017 03:36 PMPosted by Contragor
Another question, do you guys normally channel/lock electrocute or make series/bursts of clicks for best results?

I typically hold it down, though I teleport often to get better positioning and make sure the chains are hitting the same targets with Mykens (especially on elites).
01/19/2017 06:38 AMPosted by Shooter

Try force armor instead of prismatic. I prefer this rune for Tal/Vyr archon speed runs. Should protect better from the one-shot hits.
[quote="207508633443"]
I typically hold it down, though I teleport often to get better positioning and make sure the chains are hitting the same targets with Mykens (especially on elites).

Exactly what I do, quite often you'll teleport and tag a pack automatically/accidently with chain lightning, proc'ing and killing them allowing to to continue onward. Very few chars can keep up with the killing speed in public TXIII. With my gearing a single proc window will kill even yellow packs, let alone white trash.
Thanks Cratic. Curious, is there any interaction between force armor and ABB bracers? I noticed in the "Just the Tip" build ( http://www.diablofans.com/builds/86578-just-the-tip-season-9-tal-vyrs-lightning-wizard ) that he had ABB on but no Deflection or GW passive. Thoughts on this?

01/19/2017 10:43 AMPosted by Cratic

Try force armor instead of prismatic. I prefer this rune for Tal/Vyr archon speed runs. Should protect better from the one-shot hits.
01/19/2017 10:43 AMPosted by Cratic

This is especially strong with ABB and galvanizing wards, it takes 4 hits to deplete your shield, 3 more to kill you.
hey, I think you're wrong on Etched Sigil not getting procs, I use Etched Sigil to cast black hole, and I'm very confident my black hole from Etched Sigil casts is proccing my Manald Heal, as whenever I have a black hole go off, I get a MASSIVE uptick in damage from huge amounts of Manald Heal procs
Dude you have like a total of 3 lighting abilities on that wizard. If you're using electrocute most of the time and then switching to AT to proc sigil, could be because... You know... You just switched to one of the best proc coefficient skills for a moment. Or the sigil casts just coincide with when you rend to get paralyze off. If you want to truly test it, take off everything except those two and change the rune on AT.