So Blizz????

General Discussion
I have 2 paid-for accounts, both have $119.98 in them ($59.99 D3 and $59.99 RoS) and decided to make another free account to make all-new chars for season 9, because I'd rather not delete any of the non-seasonal chars I've spent thousands of hours building over the years just to make a new seasonal char. I had to buy the d3 battlechest for $19.99 just now to be able to play the RoS I know and tolerate. It's not the money I have issue with - I bought this computer solely to play d3 on - it's the fact that you apparently cannot recognize that I'm not a newbie fresh off the internet. I can make a new account on Asia or Europe on one of my paid-for battletags, why can't I make a new account on America using those same battletags??
Battle Tags are account and region bound... what led you to believe you can share a single Battle Tag across multiple accounts within the same region?
01/07/2017 02:13 AMPosted by SirSteel
Battle Tags are account and region bound...

You are mistaken. What "led me to believe I can share a single battletag across multiple accounts" is because I have accounts on both Asia and Europe as well as America on both of my battletags. 6 accounts on 2 battletags. I hadn't bothered to try to make a second account on the same realm as the first account in the 4 1/2 years I've been playing d3 until tonight.
I don't even know what you're whining about, all I can say is maybe you should stop spending time and money on this game so you don't feel so bad.
Each Battletag can have only one D3 license on it. That single license has Global Play which lets you switch regions so you can have characters in Asia, EU, and Americas all using that one license.

It sounds to me like you currently have two Battletags, each with a copy of D3 + RoS. In order to set up a third license, you would have had to make a new Battletag. I don't see any issues here...it is working like it is supposed to.

If your issue is that you can't get to the Americas Region, use the drop down over the Play button to switch Regions.
You rather play multiple accounts than throw away some items? You need to go on the show hoarders.
01/07/2017 02:13 AMPosted by SirSteel
Battle Tags are account and region bound... what led you to believe you can share a single Battle Tag across multiple accounts within the same region?

World of Warcraft can have multiple accounts.

Why not DIII?

FYI its a rhetorical question.