Visible Shield Meter

Wizard
Just a suggestion for something I'd really like to see. Some visual representation that shows shield levels. Personally, my wizard relies very heavily on shields. Once they're gone, wizard goes pop. So a way to know before they disappear would be very handy.
I massively say "Hear Hear" to this one.
There used to be a white visual indicator, I don't know why they removed it, it was pretty handy
01/26/2017 01:56 AMPosted by Cmagik
There used to be a white visual indicator, I don't know why they removed it, it was pretty handy

The way it was originally implemented it could obscure how much health you had. The white would fill the whole health globe and if your health fell below the white (e.g. took a lot of damage and you're shield recovered faster than your health) you wouldn't know how bad off you were. The scale of the shield wasn't the same as your health too. Like if your health was 500k max and your shield was 50k max, that 50k shield would fill the whole globe with white.

Blizz could have filled just one side of the health globe (health on right, shield on left) but maybe splitting the health globe display that way was too complicated. Who knows...
01/26/2017 06:44 AMPosted by EmmetOtter
01/26/2017 01:56 AMPosted by Cmagik

The way it was originally implemented it could obscure how much health you had. The white would fill the whole health globe and if your health fell below the white (e.g. took a lot of damage and you're shield recovered faster than your health) you wouldn't know how bad off you were. The scale of the shield wasn't the same as your health too. Like if your health was 500k max and your shield was 50k max, that 50k shield would fill the whole globe with white.

Blizz could have filled just one side of the health globe (health on right, shield on left) but maybe splitting the health globe display that way was too complicated. Who knows...

Well, considering if I lose my shield on higher GR runs, I instantly pop, I'd say I'd be ok with that problem.

I think splitting the health globe would be a neat solution. I doubt it would be too complicated to implement either as they already have a split globe mechanic for Demon Hunter resources (hatred/discipline).
I posted a request for something to be added after they removed the old one on the PTR (and then pushed the changed live) three years ago. I would think it should be at the top of the list for quality of life changes for the person working on UI improvements. Please make this happen Bliz, it's been far too long without action on this problem!
THIS! DEFINITELY THIS!
01/25/2017 06:45 PMPosted by Rishar
Just a suggestion for something I'd really like to see. Some visual representation that shows shield levels. Personally, my wizard relies very heavily on shields. Once they're gone, wizard goes pop.

I think that would be a cool idea. I would also like to see the shield have a visual shattering effect to it too, exploding in to pieces around you, once you lose your shield. Just thought it would be a cool idea, instead of it just disappearing.....
Aww, I was 5 days off from posting this on the year anniversary of your initial post. Darn. XD I did a search but did not find yours, not sure why. I'm guessing though, if after a year of asking for it, we still don't have it, the likelihood of getting a decent shield meter may be a bit small.

Thanks for the link to your post on it.