Manald Heal nerfed 25% new PTR patch notes

Wizard
This is disheartening.. I just started to enjoy the lightening wiz.
02/23/2017 10:39 AMPosted by eric
This is disheartening.. I just started to enjoy the lightening wiz.

I'm in the same boat. I really hated I hope that the addition of hydra to proc Manald Heal offsets this vicious nerf, but the fact that using hydra means we'll have to give up a skill suggests that it probably won't.

Which skill would hydra replace, anyway? I would assume that it would have to be arcane torrent, but that would radically change the build since that and zodiac carry all the archon recharging burden.

Maybe they are trying to push people into making some non-archon builds, but I would think that fixing the Vyr's set would be a better start on that than going this route. (As in making the Manald Heal lightning build a hydra thing and making Vyr's the archon set it was apparently supposed to be.) Maybe that's exactly what they are planning, given that this current situation looks like a freakish amalgamation of pieces of that plan.
Performance issues. AT:SD after hitting the 4.00 aps max BP in non archon form with archon stacks would proc MH waaaaay too much and sometimes even crashed the game.

The damage wasn't the issue because in non archon you're not overlapping Swami and most of the times you're not having all 4 TR stacks you're just trying to get back into archon but if you're doing the COE version of the build you'll be doing it a lot.

In fact it's pretty much perma stun with Zeis. I could almost guarantee you Blizzard doesn't care how much damage it is doing.

If you got:
#1 Server issues / crashes
#2 Perma stun

You'll get a nerf from Blizzard, every single time regardless of damage or meta.
Electrocute is not affected.

It's also not a channeling skill.
02/24/2017 03:19 AMPosted by Umbra

I think it's supposed to be channeled, but it's also a primary skill so it's excluded from many buffs. It's also worked in a quirky way with other effects (Deflection) so it may be different enough to not be affected by the MH nerf.
02/24/2017 11:00 AMPosted by EmmetOtter
02/24/2017 03:19 AMPosted by Umbra

I think it's supposed to be channeled, but it's also a primary skill so it's excluded from many buffs. It's also worked in a quirky way with other effects (Deflection) so it may be different enough to not be affected by the MH nerf.

Electrocute is classified as an Arcane generator skill, not a spender skill. If you take a look at the Mantle of Channeling shoulder description, all skills listed correspond to spender skills.
My opinion is that this is good (doesnt matter) change if they dont nerf hydras, easier to survive when your procs isnt that important, i tested this build on PTR with lacuni bracers (attack speed 2,17 and CDR 54,83) solo 88 first or second (i dont remember clock was 05.00) try.
Paragon only 1500+
This is absolutely not even close to being a big deal. I thought the nerf would be much tougher... this is nothing. And Hydra was left alone so....GG!
Well since the nerf actually excludes Archon Disintegrate it won't affect anything at all, just the couple of seconds you're spending channeling AT trying to get back into Archon.

Basically nothing to see here folks.
I don't really think it's right them nerfing a build for the following season. Ppl like to move forward or advance not go backwards. Besides, isn't that the sole reason for a ptr, they had a good idea how well it was performing in the last ptr so if they were happy with it then, why change it now because I'm pretty sure it would've been under the microscope seeing as though it's an item they added with a huge multiplier.
Overall I'm just not really happy with the way they've gone about it.
RIP LWiz was fun while it lasted. It's a shame as well, mandals wizard was one of the most fun builds blizzard every introduced.
02/23/2017 11:16 PMPosted by MasterJay
and sometimes even crashed the game.

I have not seen this. Have you experienced a crash that looks somehow different from group games where the zMonk/zBarb create huge density?
02/22/2017 05:48 PMPosted by Luffy
otherwize, rip lightning archon...

Considering that enemy HP increases by 17% per GR level, a 25% damage reduction is only going to drop the effectiveness down 2-3 GR levels. People have cleared GR105 with the MH Archon build. After the nerf, they may only be able to do 102. It's not a big deal.
Performance issues.

It wasn't a performance fix. MH proc rates using AT:SD stayed the same between live and PTR.

The proc window (length of time after paralysis when MH procs can occur) however was adjusted down by 25%.

1.5s >> 1.125s.

Test for AT:SD - 2.4.3 vs 2.5.0 PTR:
  • https://youtu.be/ryU1O0qwxqU

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753160250?page=3#post-45
02/28/2017 07:06 AMPosted by Cratic
Performance issues.

It wasn't a performance fix. MH proc rates using AT:SD stayed the same between live and PTR.

The proc window (length of time after paralysis when MH procs can occur) however was adjusted down by 25%.

1.5s >> 1.125s.

Test for AT:SD - 2.4.3 vs 2.5.0 PTR:
  • https://youtu.be/ryU1O0qwxqU

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753160250?page=3#post-45

Cratic, Thanks again for testing!

This does make me wonder if dovu energy trap does affect MH. (I know it's been tested and found that it does not...)

This does make me wonder if dovu energy trap does affect MH. (I know it's been tested and found that it does not...)

Hah! Well this is the perfect time to test that out eh? Double checking results is good practice too. Ill see if I can take a quick look later today.
02/28/2017 10:38 AMPosted by Cratic

Hah! Well this is the perfect time to test that out eh? Double checking results is good practice too. Ill see if I can take a quick look later today.

(!@#$ man. Play it cool. Play it cool)

I... I think I love you

(%^-*!! Too intense man! Too much too soon!)
Just tested electrocute - guess what?

It got hit by the nerf too. Test shows that similar to AT:SD, the proc rate for electrocute is the same, however, the proc window was adjusted down.

Test for Electrocute - 2.4.3 vs 2.5.0 PTR:
  • https://youtu.be/kmoGGMp3nqk

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753160250?page=4#post-71
02/25/2017 08:31 PMPosted by MrPeachPuff
RIP LWiz was fun while it lasted. It's a shame as well, mandals wizard was one of the most fun builds blizzard every introduced.

02/22/2017 05:48 PMPosted by Luffy
otherwize, rip lightning archon...

Considering that enemy HP increases by 17% per GR level, a 25% damage reduction is only going to drop the effectiveness down 2-3 GR levels. People have cleared GR105 with the MH Archon build. After the nerf, they may only be able to do 102. It's not a big deal.
The electrocute nerf makes me soooo sad and frustrated. I was trying to get it to the max and it was not overpowered AT ALL.

This nerf hammer has hit the wrong build as collateral damage. :(

I really hope they revert or change the nerf and do anything else instead.

Please support my thread about it: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753515567