Diablo Needs Trading And Pvp

General Discussion
That's right.

And how the hell did you people at blizzard come up with all these raining legendaries? its a loot-oriented arpg, grow a pair and make it such.
No more Bull!@#$ with all these "primal ancient" "upgrades".

peace

-t
You're going to get downvoted to oblivion, but +1

I have no hope for this game, but D4 needs these things for me to consider purchasing it.
I'll second that +1
You can trade with who you play with and within clan. Its pretty easy to trade. I dont even believe trading at this point with the ease of gettig legends. It would ne a luxury more than a neccesity.
Trading was essential to diablo 2 and i feel like a lot of that has gone for good without trading and pvp, A massive chunk of the game is missing.
You can trade with who you play with and within clan. Its pretty easy to trade. I dont even believe trading at this point with the ease of gettig legends. It would ne a luxury more than a neccesity.

Since when?
I don't know about trading - that's pay to win. That's like Path of the Exile. That's not legitimate playing ARPG.

My idea is to add the micro-transaction cash shop. For example if certain players and fans of the Diablo franchise might have let's say $50-$75 of expendable cash for leisure activities a week. What could they spend it on?

How about spending that weekly allowance on Diablo III Premium Wings, Pets, Character Slots, Portraits, Auras, Stash Tabs -THE NECROMANCER - Pet food, Wolf Pet, Dragon Pet, Serpent Pet, Demonic Child Pet all sorts of stuff and then Amazon and Paladin playable characters for an extra $15 or $20.
Man, where do I start... I want trading, cashshop and PvP too. Yet, they all seem distant by how the things turned out.

Trading requires this BoA thing to get removed and give grasp on third party sites, which Blizzard don't like. If rare items get some sort of privileges and skill system is tweaked throughly (more secondary affix synergies may be?), there can be a rare item market between players but that's it.
As I read from MissCheetah's post, any sort of Auction House like trading platform won't return. Because Blizzard don't like to get busy about their tax income and announces from free market flow. Yet they'd be busy with tuning drop rates through a season every time.

PvP requires this damage output we have to be reduced, or given more choices about immunities to counter play each other. That also calls for another skill tweak for "immunity breaker" skills to be added on our arsenal. With that in mind, I say we can't have a good-balanced PvP without a mob immunity system that everyone despised so much.
I for one, I don't see the hassle; you can switch your build around in a whim with armory by 2.5.0 now and there's this little miracle ring called CoE.

Cashshop is the only thing what we have as "possible" so far. Just I can't imagine how it would work out. Would it be a real money shopping system or a goldsink? May be both?
Diablo players that know the franchise from beginning to end, are mostly long gone from D3. Most of them went on to PoE, GrimDawn, and TorchLight. Some of them also simply stopped playing games altogether after being disapointed at D3's launch (after waiting 12+ years for it to release). All the remaining player base are mostly casuals and noobsauces begging for revivals in HC mode or even more increased item drop rates.

There is a tiny remaining group of people with a passion for Diablo (a passion that originated from D1 and D2), and those people are vocal (because of the passion). However, all the potential up and down-voters are mostly all casuals or people that hated D1 or D2 to begin with. So what's the result? You mention D1 or D2 and imply they were THE best ARPG's of their time, and they lose their !@#$ and down-vote you into the ground.

D2, despite its old age and many annoyances, still holds the ARPG crown and this will never change I am afraid. The only company that can change this and prove me wrong is Blizzard, since they own the franchise.
02/19/2017 03:21 PMPosted by Imperius
I don't know about trading - that's pay to win. That's like Path of the Exile. That's not legitimate playing ARPG.

My idea is to add the micro-transaction cash shop. For example if certain players and fans of the Diablo franchise might have let's say $50-$75 of expendable cash for leisure activities a week. What could they spend it on?

How about spending that weekly allowance on Diablo III Premium Wings, Pets, Character Slots, Portraits, Auras, Stash Tabs -THE NECROMANCER - Pet food, Wolf Pet, Dragon Pet, Serpent Pet, Demonic Child Pet all sorts of stuff and then Amazon and Paladin playable characters for an extra $15 or $20.

Sounds like World of Warcraft to me (all over again lol).

Diablo is not WOW, and it must remain distinct and embrace it's roots. D4 has to repair a lot of damage done to the franchise with D3, but there is hope... even if it is almost impossible for me to trust Activision Blizzard with ever being able to create a real Diablo game again, after the D3 fiasco.

The only reason why I still play D3 every new season for 12-24 hours is because Diablo is one of my favorite franchises, and there is nothing better out there that scratches the itch that D2 left me with. I am not a fan of the visuals and responsiveness and polish of PoE or GrimDawn. They are also not "Diablo" lol.

Also Lineage-Eternal and Lost-Ark were looking ok at first but they have also evolved into garbage games when compared to D2 IMO. They also have a strong WOW vibe to it.
[quote="207517405903"]I don't know about trading - that's pay to win. That's like Path of the Exile. That's not legitimate playing ARPG./quote]

wat
I'm not going to argue against pvp... Not my thing.

Trading though? There was trade in D2 and D3 v1.x because it was the only way for you to get stuff you wanted. In D3 v2.x the longest I've ever gone without finding the exact thing I wanted is 10 days. And I kept at it because I knew I would eventually get it and I did.

Trading isn't needed and good riddance to it. Good riddance to the bots, the spam, the scams, all the complaining about the economy, the innate hostility and distrust it created between players (community? oh plz) and most of all good riddance to the wasted time playing the trade game when I wanted to be playing the real game.
I agree. Its easy to get what you want. Trading now is just a formality. When d3 was released getting a legend was difficult unless you rmah andnthat wasnt an option for hc. Which made hc better for it in the long run
This game is a train wreck at this point, I agree that trading should of remained a big part of Diablo 3, instead of just putting all your items in to a grinder so you can theoretically forge new or better equipment from the materials.

Unique /Legendary items should of remained static and that's the biggest issue here. Diablo II had items with set stats on them and they were used to synergize with other pieces of gear to create a characters that could truly dominate the end game. The dev's got lazy with D3 and didn't want to have cookie cutter builds like in Diablo II but then decided to include set armors that are basically mandatory to wear now... makes sense? Nope.

Certain items should of been super rare to find and only dropped from certain bosses or at this point, only on certain torment difficulties.

The problem with D3's end game is that it isn't about getting the best loot anymore and conquering story mode challenges, it's about getting lucky enough to clear a high level GR in time.

This is torture for people who hate speed runs or time attack junk, it steals away a lot of Diablo's original identity of being decked out in rare or hard to find gear so you can just solo the entire game on the hardest setting. If I wanted to play Mario Kart, I'd do just that. At this point Diablo II on Hell difficulty is still more difficult and challenging than Diablo III on T13... it's actually pathetic.

It takes little to no effort to be able to conquer T13 at this point with any given class... They all have cookie cutter builds that work too well and completely dominate that difficulty. If they just down scaled the amount of modes back to 3 (or even 4) and just scaled the difficulty higher with the chance at certain loot dropping on higher modes, it would be better for the entire community as a whole.

They need to abolish Rifts and GR's completely as well as cap Paragon at 1000, once you hit that, you're done with bonus stats... this B.S. of running a bot and having an extra 1000 points in your main stat just from grinding XP is ridiculous and casual as hell.

The leader boards should be based solely on conquering certain difficulties and bosses with the hardest challenge being to beat the ubers on the hardest difficulty setting (which would be up scaled drastically) It should be so hard to kill them you'd need a full party with the best possible gear to do it.

I feel like the entire structure of this game is counter productive and it bores people as well as splits the community. It gives them nothing to strive for, the season challenges are a joke at best as well... any buffoon can conquer them all in less than a couple weeks.... I didn't start seasons until Season 7 and so far I've earned my stash tab out of every single season from there on out in less than 80 hours of play... so I basically have 1 more tab to go (Season 10) and there will no longer be a reason for me to play seasons.... :/

If they think that the Necromancer is going to save this game, they're up their own asses more than I imagined.

That Necro pack will be entertaining for a month at best... Someone is going to find some ridiculously OP build with him within a few days and post it all over the internet, shortly thereafter Blizzard will shoot their nerf gun at him and ruin him completely... Eventually he'll be worthless to play and fall in line with whatever classes that are the least played.

I have distinct feeling his pet builds are going to be a novelty at best and we'll end up running bone skill / curse builds. He'll just be another wizard class spamming projectiles at enemies and hoping not to get one shotted.
Diablo already has Trading and PvP im sorry those systems dont meet your expectations
OP makes a good point +1

Blizzard please bring back trading in Diablo 3!
Loot rains from the sky in this game, I don't see why BoA is required other than to prevent bad actors from profiting offline. Personally, I want something like trading as a side activity to GRs.
Trading was an art in diablo 2, I'm sorry you guys that never learned the value of certain items. If you got scammed in diablo 2 during a trade, guess what,you were s.o.l. And after realizing your error, you wouldn't do the same mistake again. Meaning the world of diablo was hostile and not kid friendly, as it should have been in D3.
02/20/2017 07:50 AMPosted by jeetkundo
Diablo already has Trading and PvP im sorry those systems dont meet your expectations

They meet your expectations? Wow talk about setting the bar low...
I'm bumping this to show my support for trading and pvp in diablo 3.