Ancient Primals v2 seriously ?

General Discussion
Sure, bring them back --- once they aren't just stats stick anymore.
I thought primal v1 was exciting, finding a v1 primal weapon that dwarfed my ancient weapon felt good as hell.
but why? What did it do that was so exciting besides bigger numbers? I'm genuinely curious
02/17/2017 12:09 AMPosted by hubeertus
So, after listening to the concerns and many valueable reasons of the majority of casuals and killing the, in my opinion, rise of an era of actual exciting loot hunt for everyone maybe just go for a compromise.

Dear devs plz listen now the the people who love playing ur game for more than just a few hours a day and the hardcore veterans who are not afraid to die.

By now u decided to lessen the excitement of finding primal ancient items, but please bring back the primal ancient v1 weapon damage range for at least a bit of a loot thrill feel.

Ur fellow d3 player

It isn't our fault you lifeless simpletons settle for quantity over quality replay value. There's nothing exciting in finding the same item hundreds of times before actually getting a usable one.

Instead of perpetuating this boring power creep laziness, they ought to branch out diversity to promote experimentation and quality replay value.
02/17/2017 07:22 AMPosted by Zeddicuus
but why? What did it do that was so exciting besides bigger numbers? I'm genuinely curious

There's nothing really new. Ancients made you spend around 10x more times to find an item of equal value. Primal merely changed it to 100x. They are the same item.
That's what I believed as well DoomBringer. That is not exciting. I didn't find Ancients thrilling in the least. I use them out of necessity as I enjoy playing Diablo games with other players, even strangers. To find them you need the gear to be able to play higher torments. I didn't want stat sticks added to the game at any point. I want sweet gear with neat abilities. Like you used to find in Diablo 2.

Anyone remember finding Hellplague and then spending HOURS trying to find Hellplague for what you believed would be a sweet fire mage build? Those were level 20 legendary items and they worked great for what they were designed to do! We need gear like that again, that's awesome at ANY level when looted!

Not bigger numbers!

To capture gear with higher numbers, to put it on and to boost higher damage, what else. Currently Diablo is about to get the best gear, to increase the damage as much as you can and to run grifts as high as you can.
And most of the players have already good ancient gear, even when they are paragon 900, so why we need perfect rolled normal ancient gear. There is no need for it. And 30% better stats really help us more.
Everybody know that Diablo will need much more than special ancient gear, e.g. new innovative content, but for short term excitement PA V1 is much better than PA V2.
for the short term Primal doesn't do anything but blatantly bigger numbers. There are already threads appearing saying Torment 13 is 'ez mode' and asking for Torment 15. What do you think will happen when people start getting original primal? Then Torment 15 will be too easy I imagine.

The new Primal still gives higher numbers, just not quite as high as the original numbers. You're all for progression in GR, yes? Well that perfect gear will help you shave some time off your best run-time on what you run now. Maybe that piece with the perfect stats will be what it takes for you to push up to the next GR.

So the current Primal setup will still help you out, just not as outrageously as the original Primal would have. Instead of +5 GR levels, you might get +1, maybe +2.

But to those that progression matter, that is still progression, is it not?
i dont care.
i like the first primals and i like the 2nd primals.

i am not top leaderbords anyways. wife 2 kids and a full time job prevents me from playing 24/7.

i can do 70 solo after 40 hour playing, so anyways i might get 1 primal eatch season. 4 yeras laters i might have full primals non season :) and still not og leaderbords :P
02/17/2017 07:42 AMPosted by Horus

To capture gear with higher numbers, to put it on and to boost higher damage, what else. Currently Diablo is about to get the best gear, to increase the damage as much as you can and to run grifts as high as you can.
And most of the players have already good ancient gear, even when they are paragon 900, so why we need perfect rolled normal ancient gear. There is no need for it. And 30% better stats really help us more.
Everybody know that Diablo will need much more than special ancient gear, e.g. new innovative content, but for short term excitement PA V1 is much better than PA V2.

If you play multiple characters (more than 2)... I doubt you'll be wearing multiple GG Ancient by Paragon 900...
02/17/2017 08:12 AMPosted by DoomBringer
If you play multiple characters (more than 2)... I doubt you'll be wearing multiple GG Ancient by Paragon 900...

I play a single character and my items are still crap at paragon 1700. I've crafted thousands of fist weapons at this point and still not a single one of them has rolled with area damage on them.
Down vote this comment please k thanks.
02/17/2017 06:49 AMPosted by Zeddicuus
02/17/2017 03:41 AMPosted by Ba1aB
In a game where dmg is key, something that would give you 30% more (weapon) aren't exciting? I disagree.

Can you please inform me how bigger numbers for the sake of bigger numbers can be more exciting than new gear and sets with interesting abilities?

And do to your last comment, yes, I do wear ancients on my characters. Might as well since I found them. I have never bothered to attempt to cube them, I prefer the thrill of the loot hunt. But using them doesn't mean I agree with their existence, which really they were created for the sake of bigger numbers. Which lead to complaints of the difficulties being too easy and an unnecessary inflation in the number of available torments.

So please, enlighten the naysayers on just how larger numbers are more exciting compared to new gear with interesting abilities and interactions.
Higher GR's and faster mob killing. More efficient gameplay. I didn't say I didn't want other gear that boosts other kinds of skill (I do want to use other skills), but saying you don't need 30% more dmg is stupid IMO
Higher GRs.... So you want bigger numbers to do GRs that also have bigger numbers.

Honestly, I can't stand Blizzard when it comes to designing an RPG or the people who support such 1-dimentional garbage.

You should want more from your game than literally the same game but with inflated numbers - you may as well be playing clicker heroes.
Higher GR and faster mob killing? That was around when Ancient first came out and the masses complained it was too easy, which lead to the introduction of new torments. Now we're back to pre-ancient states, where people want the bigger numbers for more efficient farming...Given the pattern, I think I know what will come after this. I think it'll be Torment 20+ due to complaints about the game being 'ez mode' from Primals. The pattern is more than established at this point, so I'm pretty confident on the fact one will follow the other.

This cycle of power creep and new torments isn't doing anything good for the game. People already complain it's just more of the same, just with bigger numbers and a fancy title on the end of the equipment type.

So we'll go with your logic on higher GR. Let's work with that. Primal in its current state with perfect stats could lead to gear that is superior to what you have now. Maybe not much, but perhaps enough to shave off that time you need, give you that slight edge in power you need to push up to the next GR. That sounds like higher GR to me. You could get to a higher GR than you are now, so that's definitely a higher GR. That sounds like possibly more efficient gameplay to me if you have that little bit of extra power to kill faster as you want.

I'm saying you don't need 30% for the sake of bigger numbers. The game doesn't need even bigger numbers, it's needs variety in a great many things. Variety in gear options, variety in sets available, variety in viable builds for higher end content. You can do all this variety with boosts in the numbers.

*EDIT* if you're going to downvote, the least you can do is post your opinion on why you think I'm wrong.
02/17/2017 11:00 AMPosted by Ba1aB
Higher GR's and faster mob killing. More efficient gameplay.

So instead of taking 10 seconds to kill a mob with 1 billion HP in GR 60 and receiving 0.05% more damage as a reward (paragon) you want to take 10 seconds to kill a mob with 1 trillion HP in GR 100 and receive 0.05% more damage as a reward (paragon)?

02/17/2017 11:27 AMPosted by Zeddicuus
This cycle of power creep and new torments isn't doing anything good for the game. People already complain it's just more of the same, just with bigger numbers and a fancy title on the end of the equipment type.

And a 10x increase in time needed to obtain, which is the key distinction here. Time is the only axis that isn't just a UI change away.
Much like seasonal stash tabs, I doubt I'll ever see one. Mainly due to lack of effort and time. The closest I've come to GR70 is GR60, but I can probably hit it if I can get some decent Ancients from drops/Kadala/cube.

No big deal, though. I'll keep playing and if I feel like putting more effort in, then I might get lucky.

That being said, I would have rather seen the intro of Rune Words that gave unique stats/effects and that could be socketed into items instead of Primal Ancients.
What makes me happy about primal 2.0 is being able to hopefully say, I'm done with chasing the best item for this slot. Now I can focus on another or another toon. Goodish stuff!

Sure more creativity could have been involved but what do we expect from these guys at this point?
02/17/2017 06:51 AMPosted by KiWeN
02/17/2017 06:40 AMPosted by Zeddicuus
Can you please inform me how bigger numbers for the sake of bigger numbers can be more exciting than new gear and sets with interesting abilities?

Thank you - I was baffled nobody had said anything like this...

Except new gear and sets were never offered. They offered bigger numbers and then removed them because of player base pressure. I still don't see new gear or sets.
If the choice were between the two i'd agree and select new gear and sets but we only had one choice and now we have NONE.

I like bigger numbers, my real joy is when i get the ancient yangs with 12 disp each season.
Woohoo! I can do GR 2000 and have 9 trillion billion zillion sheet damage! Oh but wait. The creatures have 9999 trillion billion zillion hit points now!

What changed?