RIP Gen Monk, Hello Lightning Hydra Wizard

Wizard
1 2 3 7 Next
Hey guys, Zhanji Bear and I did some more testing on the PTR which I think will make you excited. I did a writeup on my site, which has a link to the corresponding video and builds.

TL;DR Gen Monk might finally be out of the top push meta

https://troupster.com/diablo-3-rip-gen-monk-season-10-hello-lightning-hydra-wizard/
Then blizzard nerf(fix) hydra
Looks fun.
Dont get your hopes high.
2 months to go.
here we go..
A couple of questions with this,

Does Bane of the Trapped gem increase the MH damage proc from the Hydras?
Would Enforcer gem increase MH damage proc from the Hydras?

-

Also, how well do you think this build would do? Trying to come up with a LoN MH build and this looks fun to run.

http://www.d3planner.com/116912628

I'm not expecting it to be the tip top as it's a LoN build, but I'm wondering how good it would be. Starfire can replace the Aether Walker for more damage if needed.
02/09/2017 07:19 PMPosted by Kindran
Does Bane of the Trapped gem increase the MH damage proc from the Hydras?
Would Enforcer gem increase MH damage proc from the Hydras?

yes, it stuns
no, because the MH proc from hydra is not based on hydra damage.
That's why it's so good....
with 2 hydras together, you are basically having a 2nd Wiz proc'ing MH.

of course, i can be wrong... correct me if so..
I hate Aether walker.... I could make a viable meteor shower build with lighting hydras and tals set. But nope longs teleport has a cooldown that's not going to happen, (-_-) thanks blizzard.
Honestly, if it's this powerful, it's going to get nerfed. That's why it's PTR...you're pretty much helping Blizz test for outliers...and you took the time to post it here too, lol.
02/09/2017 01:01 PMPosted by Troupster
Hey guys, Zhanji Bear and I did some more testing on the PTR which I think will make you excited. I did a writeup on my site, which has a link to the corresponding video and builds.

TL;DR Gen Monk might finally be out of the top push meta

https://troupster.com/diablo-3-rip-gen-monk-season-10-hello-lightning-hydra-wizard/

The original, Uncapped, hammerdin also looked like it could replace the witch doctor and gen monk combined.... and then they nerfed it. I will wait and see before popping a champaign bottle open.
Oh man I hope it doesn't get nerfed too hard. I am finishing up on a LoN electrocute/Hyrda wiz (Just missing a 7% IAS ammy for 3.33 BP) and getting ancient IAS gear is a pain!
All they need to do is nerf Archon then everyone will be happy...
I'm confused, why is this already working I thought they said future patch?

Shame there isn't a way to fit T&T in there but hey here's hoping for a Vyr's buff that way we could use it!
Meh im already bored to death of Archon, i haven't even touched my wiz in weeks.
02/10/2017 10:17 AMPosted by MasterJay

Shame there isn't a way to fit T&T in there but hey here's hoping for a Vyr's buff that way we could use it!

good question.... i was confused as well...
in PTR the hydra does proc MH...
i tested it and the hydra can take down elites for me.

I think it's a question to Blizzard.... what has actually implemented in PTR ...

vyr changes? didn't hear anything so far .... keep hoping.
02/10/2017 12:47 PMPosted by Luffy
02/10/2017 10:17 AMPosted by MasterJay

good question.... i was confused as well...
in PTR the hydra does proc MH...
i tested it and the hydra can take down elites for me.

I think it's a question to Blizzard.... what has actually implemented in PTR ...

Yep guess they should change the text, the future is now and it clearly works.

This is far too soon though, I predict large changes are still in the works that will be game changes to the meta. I mean they already said they're looking at all items similar to Manald Heal so who's to say another item/set won't take the spotlight?

It's good to know this one will be among the ones viable, looks especially strong for the RG and yellows but I still believe we'll have muvh better options for AoE coming. The AoE looks decent for this, but AD still won't work for MH so it will cap out very soon.

We desperately needed a build that's great at melting the RG so this is a good thing. Not a fan of our BiS item being a non wizard dagger so obviously Blizzard did take steps to help us here, more steps to come hopefully!

We still don't know what other set changes are coming down the pipeline so to say this hybrid set (which we KNOW Blizzard isn't fans of) with a half optimal pet build (no T&T) will truly be in the meta...too soon™
02/10/2017 12:47 PMPosted by Luffy

We've got 6½ weeks or so to go, don't count out anything.
I'm for this change.
Now question is, will WD be replaced or will it continue to be AoE king for groups? Will there be another viable class (DH Saders Barbs) to be the AoE role?

I for one would like to see at least one more class that can be a contender.
Just tested it on PTR, im getting absolutely rekt in GR 85, cant even finish. Losing deflection and blood bracers for hydra is a huge toughness issue. I can clear 85 easy with the cookie cutter MH build, but i still cant figure out how this hydra version works.
02/10/2017 01:54 PMPosted by Tee
I'm for this change.
Now question is, will WD be replaced or will it continue to be AoE king for groups?

[/quote]

I believe with the buff to Innas, EP Innas will be in the running for aoe meta slot.
02/10/2017 02:07 PMPosted by HokGnav
Just tested it on PTR, im getting absolutely rekt in GR 85, cant even finish. Losing deflection and blood bracers for hydra is a huge toughness issue. I can clear 85 easy with the cookie cutter MH build, but i still cant figure out how this hydra version works.

The happy OP using hydras in group can basically use whatever build and let the supports to keep them alive. The builds are not so viable in solo.

In solo test, I keep deflection in slot, but replace AT with lightning hydras.
let me know if anyone can come up with a better build...