Wand of Woh questions

Wizard
I rolled a wizard for this season. Currently building toward a lighting tal/vyr cookie cutter build, but ATM I found a relatively decent Wand of Woh.

My question on the wand is: just how many EB's fire off if I'm using chain reaction? 6 blasts or 12? It's hard to tell from the audio, but I think it's only six. If it's only 6 blasts, I'm probably better off using a different rune, right? It is quite impressive when in a rift and you hit the cooldown reduction shine... double bass drummer on steroids 8)

I also need to roll it to get a socket, what would you give up to get the socket? Area damage?
Congrats on the nice Woh so early in the season. :)

Chain reaction is generally the best for a Woh build, a lot more consistent hitting the monsters, best overall damage. Also good if you have the Orb of Infinite Depth to keep the 60% reduction buff up.

With chain reaction you have 3 blasts, and with Woh you have 3 added for each one, so 4 x 3 = 12. It may not look like it, but that's just the animations.

If you have a Ralamadni's gift, you would be able to add a socket and still reroll one attribute. IAS is basically useless, and AD is not that helpful either for a Woh build since the additional blasts are considered "procs" and AD won't apply to those. The best attribute to have on the wand is CDR, so I would roll IAS to CDR and add the socket. If you don't have the gift, roll IAS to socket temporarily until you get one.
Attack speed affects... something with the rate at which the woh blasts come out, so sometimes they overlap, making it seem like fewer blasts than there actually are.
Grats on the Woh! It's a really fun build for farming.

Try to get Ingeom in your cube, and use an MH for killing when Ingeom isn't active. I find it's a squishy build, especially from ranged attacks and I need a lot of mitigation. Once Ingeom is up though, it's very strong and so much fun.

I use this build for farming breaths and mats. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/King-1116/hero/85270298

I haven't been able to push past GR60 with it because most things decimate me as I'm trying for first and subsequent elite kills. I'm missing a lot of ancients and only have one augment though.

I also think most people do not like playing with it in a party because you have to move so fast to keep Ingeom up.
Had some good luck last night. Found a RG for the socket, got several pieces of Tal's set and pushed about 80 paragons. Still need a source, and much better stuff in the cube.

EB is a fire skill, and the magefist bonus should apply, right?
02/08/2017 08:49 AMPosted by INeedNoPants
EB is a fire skill, and the magefist bonus should apply, right?

Yes, EB/Chain Reaction is a fire skill, and the 15-20% fire from magefist will boost it.
Had a big night last night. Found tals ammy to get the set with an in-geom and my damage exploded 100 fold. Suddenly I can faceroll gr50, and probably can do 60. So what's next? Focus + restraint? I know I need to reroll some gear pieces. My chd feels low. Any other thoughts? Preferred gems to use?

I still need that stupid royal grandeur.
And any thoughts on the flash of insight? I can spam Electrocute to keep the cubed armor working with eb, so the flash seemed like a good idea.
Look at my wiz Faiah for eb tal build and gear.
Finally got Restraint! So I have the gear for this build, TXII is quite doable but TXIII is very tough to get the ball rolling, and even then I'm really squishy. I still can't find a RoRG, so what can I do in the mean time? Am I near the limits of this build?
02/17/2017 03:45 PMPosted by INeedNoPants
I still can't find a RoRG, so what can I do in the mean time?

Isn't there one on your enchantress follower?
02/20/2017 11:32 AMPosted by King
02/17/2017 03:45 PMPosted by INeedNoPants
I still can't find a RoRG, so what can I do in the mean time?

Isn't there one on your enchantress follower?

There is now. I'm trying to move over to a 6tal/vyr's archon build. I just need to roll a pig sticker that justifies switching over.