Oddest "DC" experience

Hardcore
Last night I was running in a pub bounty game, just me and 1 other guy, no lag, no symptoms of any problems, everything normal and suddenly an error dialog pops up, something about the game session (didn't read it very closely). I resigned myself to my fate.

Instead of being tossed back to the login screen I was back at the Game selection screen looking at an alive guy. Way less than 10 seconds had passed. I even rejoined the bounty game.

Anyone else run into that?

I wasn't kicked by the other player, just kicked from the game by the server but not logged off as what normally happens in a dc. No 10 seconds exit timer either.
I had the same thing happen to me twice in the last week or so, once in a grift and once doing bounties (private game with a clan mate). Kicked to the game selection screen and then able to resume the game in progress...
I used to get those every now and then. "Game session has timed out"

Must be a Blizz server error or you would have surely died.
02/27/2017 08:51 AMPosted by MetalJet666
"Game session has timed out"

I think that was the message.
Error 3007.

It happens when you lose connection to the battle.net service.

you CAN die when it happens, but its not as bad as a true lag timeout/DC since that usually has delayed ability/action followed by 10 sec timer, but I have lost characters to these type of dc (typically if it happens while you're taking damage you are toast, like an error 3007 ontop of arcane lasers), but if ur skipping through like speed running bounties you're usually OK)
Just one min ago I was running Bounties and the server kicked me offline. No lag and my drop was immediate. Well I logged back in and dead.

Wah!!!!!!!!!!
If you read the messages on the blizzard launcher you would have seen one saying that last night for 4hrs maintenance is running and you may get kicked from server occasionally. I personally just didn't log in as i didnt want to risk it.
02/27/2017 04:44 PMPosted by Sekta
If you read the messages on the blizzard launcher you would have seen one saying that last night for 4hrs maintenance is running and you may get kicked from server occasionally. I personally just didn't log in as i didnt want to risk it.

The message stated that the maintenance was on Monday. This occurred Sunday night.
Just got error 3007 twice in a row on bounty run, missed last 3 act turnins and almost died.

sigh guess blizz doesnt want me playing tonight
Yea I've been getting this error 3007 today, happened 4 times. Thankfully each time I was sitting in town, could have been worse. Was playing after 4pm today central time, so long after this maintenance they scheduled. I wonder what is going on.
02/27/2017 08:51 AMPosted by MetalJet666
I used to get those every now and then. "Game session has timed out"

I still got those a number of times earlier this season while I was playing. They leave you in game for probably less than a second since you can pretty much immediately reenter the game. You'd probably have to be milliseconds away from death to actually die from it.
Well that one second killed me. :(
02/27/2017 07:18 AMPosted by EmmetOtter
Last night I was running in a pub bounty game, just me and 1 other guy, no lag, no symptoms of any problems, everything normal and suddenly an error dialog pops up, something about the game session (didn't read it very closely). I resigned myself to my fate.

Instead of being tossed back to the login screen I was back at the Game selection screen looking at an alive guy. Way less than 10 seconds had passed. I even rejoined the bounty game.

Anyone else run into that?

I wasn't kicked by the other player, just kicked from the game by the server but not logged off as what normally happens in a dc. No 10 seconds exit timer either.

Sounds like your game crashed and the Battle.net client remained running. Not a full-blown DC situation.

That used to happen to me very frequently back when the Mac version was crashing regularly. For the longest time I never lost a character and almost stopped worrying about it. Then, of course, it finally got me.

Odds are better to stay alive in this case, but not 100%.
What’s interesting is we were all running Bounties. This issue only jacked us up last night.
02/28/2017 11:42 AMPosted by LSDXTC
What’s interesting is we were all running Bounties. This issue only jacked us up last night.

It's also happened to me while standing in town, and during a GR. (latter one killed my first monk of S9)

I find that typically before it happens, clan and party chat becomes very delayed/laggy while the actual game is not lagged.
I've had a few of those DCS- from what the ppl in game tell me the boot is instantaneous. The ones that scare me are the long lag spikes- screen freezes then unpauses- those you take dmg the whole time'

I have noticed that if I get the third typpe ( you move but nothing else does) turning wifi off then back on instacorrects the issue
With my re-roll I just got Error 3007 in the middle of mass combat. Crazy I just logged back in and I'm still alive. :D
Another death to my deletion. My mouse suddenly stopped working. Just watched myself die as my mouse pointer couldn't move. Ah, wireless technology.
03/02/2017 08:37 PMPosted by Sherwin
Another death to my deletion. My mouse suddenly stopped working. Just watched myself die as my mouse pointer couldn't move. Ah, wireless technology.

Pretty brave/ silly using a wireless mouse!
As a gamer I would never use a wireless mouse for any reason. I knew it could happen to me when these items first hit the market.