Lightning Wiz PE and Gogok over BOT

Wizard
Currently enjoying lightning Tal build with MH, but I am curious if anyone else has found PE and Gogok to be a better combo than using Bane of the Trapped. I know I don't have perfect rolls on my rings for IAS, but with PE and Gogok going I feel like the IAS I am getting is better than Trapped for speed runs.

This is my current build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/PrimoJ13-1296/hero/79727515

I can run a 60 under 4-5 minutes pretty easily. When do you feel Trapped becomes a necessity? Thanks
<irrelevant>
PE is good for your build.

But Trapped will be miles better than Gogok. 30-50% damage to everything from Trapped is much better than an extra 15% IAS.

PE is a lot better than Gogok because instead of a flat 15% IAS, it scales with density. In big packs it is far better. The extra 1500-2500% WD/sec is also much better than the dodge and CDR from Gogok, at least for a non-CDR based build.

01/28/2017 09:47 AMPosted by StoleOwnCar
Actually for groups currently Gogok with CoE is quickly eclipsing Zodiac+Trapped in terms of damage.

He's not playing Tal/Vyr. He's playing Tal6. He has no need for the Gogok CDR. He's literally just taking Gogok over Trapped for 15% IAS. Doesn't seem worth it at all to me.
Trapped / PE / Gogok is a good combo for mid GR Tal6 MH electrocute speed runs.

You should not use Powerful. The elite damage from this gem isnt increasing MH proc damage currently.
01/28/2017 10:38 AMPosted by Cratic
ou should not use Powerful. The elite damage from this gem isnt increasing MH proc damage currently.

Oh right! Shoulda remembered that, good point.

I'd probably opt for Esoteric over Gogok, 15% IAS when you don't need the CDR just doesn't seem worth it to me. That's like what, maybe 10-12% more dps? That's pretty weak for a gem slot. But I guess Gogok is a decent third DPS gem since Powerful isn't working with Manald Heal currently. Wouldn't Zei's be better though? Although I suppose if nothing else, 15% IAS is more consistent Manald procs for speed runs. Hard to quantify the effect of increased consistency on clear speeds, but I suppose it'd be better than a straight 15% IAS averaged out would suggest.
For speeds, I can see the extra IAS beating extra damage. You don't get the density builup for PE (because stuff dies fast), and your clear time is bounded by how fast you can proc MH, not how much damage it does when it procs.
01/28/2017 09:47 AMPosted by TinneOnnMuin
He's not playing Tal/Vyr. He's playing Tal6. He has no need for the Gogok CDR. He's literally just taking Gogok over Trapped for 15% IAS. Doesn't seem worth it at all to me.

Yep, my bad. I had just finished and was about to go out on my daily walk so I just kind of popped in a random thread to at least give some blurb about this setup and how silly it is. I guess I'll just make a topic when those vids are done trimming, because it's... something else.
I use Gogok in my build too. Although I do rely on the CDR for BH and Slow Time. But it does look like BoT would be better a much better option for damage.

I might try Zei's in place of Gogoks. The stun from Paralysis, and Slow Time as well as frozen enemies from Ice Armor help me stay alive. The extra stun from Zei's might help a lot. Then when I fight the RG, I can use Zei's extra damage to help speed up the fight a little.

But does anyone really know if IAS and Electrocute are actually working properly? That MH is really triggering as often as it theoretically should for a given IAS?

There's this bug:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752470380

Where IAS contributes nothing to Stricken stacks, Magic Weapon/Deflection, Life per Hit, Simplicity Strength for healing and this apparently affects all runes of Electrocute (and apparently some channeled spells).
Actually, I recently dropped all IAS gems for pure dmg (zei, trapped, stricken) and am clearing higher content.

It's better for my build to stay away and maximize dmg from 3 sources that add dmg/range anyway, so PE doesn't help me much.

Tal's and IAS on rings gets me over that 2.01-2.03 BP from gear alone, which is enough for it to be comfortably ticking. Have to go straight for elites; at higher grifts it is very susceptible to riftrng.
Actually, I take that back. I suspect Gogoks is superior to BoT in one-to-many attacks because the MH effect seems to propagate more than once when Electrocute is chaining. For example, if it hits the same enemy 3 times, that's an increase of 200% damage of MH's damage to that enemy. BoT doesn't even come close to 200% increased damage. So even the little attack speed Gogoks offer may provide superior damage over BoT since it offers more chances to trigger MH.

One of these days, I will try to do some Markov chain analysis for Electrocute. Just to see what one can expect in damage from randomized graphs. The monsters here represent kind of a random arrangement of graph vertices and their proximity determines if a neighboring monster has an edge (i.e. so that Electrocute can possibly chain to them).
ty all for feedback.