[For 2.5.0] Your top 3 skills with lacking set support

General Discussion
I'll start with Crusader.

1. Fist of the Heavens
2. Blessed Shield
3. Phalanx

Three cool skills that need to be made viable in 2.5.0. I know you can play LoN Blessed Shield, but it's just not good enough.

FotH is probably one of the most beautiful skills in the game. Too bad it sucks since RoS release.

Maybe change Akkhan's for those?
Temptest Rush
Strafe
Blizzard
I think monk skills are pretty well covered by their sets, though Tempest Rush certainly isn't ever used for anything. There's some interesting legends for it too, it just doesn't have set support.

Fist of the Heavens was a super strong ability in D2 but it's never used in D3, so that makes me sad lol.

Hydra and Blizzard don't really make it into any top builds that I'm aware of and they're both super cool skills.
It´s so sad when you see players supporting this "set support" philosophy.
02/03/2017 03:04 PMPosted by weintraub79

Well I highly doubt we'd get anywhere trying to get Blizzard to rescind their set fetish at this point.

I would vastly prefer if they brought sets WAAAAY back down in power so normal legendaries could compete. Sets should really be there for a change in play style or as a guide for newer players, not as the end all be all for gear.
1. Mirror Image (Wizard): Only one item works with this directly and it wants your mirror images to be killed (not expired, receive fatal damage). That's both awful and unreliable.

2. Tempest Rush (Monk): there are a couple of items that buff this and one set that (in theory) increases the damage of it. Problem is that set (Monkey King's Garb) works off of a resource of Sweeping Wind stacks and consumes one every tick of Tempest Rush. Essentially you lose all damage buffs and damage reduction within 6 seconds of using Tempest Rush.

Actually, I don't have a 3.
Blizzard
Fist of Heavens
Rapid Fire

And Whirlwind actually - just because it's so stupid that the Immortal King set does it better at supporting this skill, than the Wrath of the Wastes does - pathetic!
Ray of Frost
Blizzard
Mirror Image
02/03/2017 03:04 PMPosted by weintraub79

^
And then I think of the devs...
*sigh*
Mass confusion (witch doctor)
Hydra (wizard)
Tempest rush (monk)
Fist of heavens (crusader)
Elemental arrow (demon hunter)
Hammer of the ancients or overpower (barb)

Those are the big ones from me. I know some technically have support, but they need serious buffs.
Wiz Only

1. Blizzard
2. Disintegrate. Sure can have etch sigil do some other stuff while channeling it but its not viable for anything.
3. Mirror Image
Top 3
Blizzard
Evasive shot
Mirror image

Worth mentioning
Fist of heaven
Blackhole
Wave of force
Shock pulse
Epiphany

And i think wizards have the the most unsupported skills.

All the set and item do is to increase damage number. Not really fun itemization imo
To think what the game could have been if Blizzard actually delivered a fully complete and functional itemization system.

For something so unfinished and so poorly implemented, it's a real shame for a company that prides itself on polished products.
I miss the old Tempest Rush when you can really speed through the screen. Then they nerfed the speed and it has been crap ever since.
"lacking set support"
thats the problem, buddy. i don't want to use a specific set for skill xy to be viable.
Wife
Middle child
Whoever keeps putting the Toaster on 1
Barbarian
Revenge
Frenzy
Cleave
Spike trap
Wave of Force
Generator Barb (Bash, Cleave, Frenzy and Weapon Throw)
02/03/2017 02:39 PMPosted by Cybah
I'll start with Crusader.

1. Fist of the Heavens
2. Blessed Shield
3. Phalanx

Three cool skills that need to be made viable in 2.5.0. I know you can play LoN Blessed Shield, but it's just not good enough.

FotH is probably one of the most beautiful skills in the game. Too bad it sucks since RoS release.

Maybe change Akkhan's for those?

I agree they lack set support but please don't make things up as FotH was a meta build just a short while after RoS release, out performing condemn, BS, and even holy shotgun by huge margin. This was when AChamp was reworked and firestarter was added.
Hammer of the ancients dual wield set ( this skill need some big buffs)

Gen monk already got their set, great.

cant think of any other skills now