Game crashing dispite trying everything.

Technical Support
So just to say it. I've been through everything on the forums. Every time i play i get disconected. I tried router management, windows controls, I even uninstalled and reinstalled as a last resort which seemed to help a bit but continued to persist shortly there after. i deleted the d3xd in docs.

This has persisted for the better portion of a week rendering the game unplayable. If anyone can provide me advise or something i can try that isnt* listed in the forums I would love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance.
Hey MoonHeaven,

If you are having connection issues I would like to have you run a connection test so we can see what is going on. Just follow the below instructions and reply back with the results and we can go from there.
WinMTR Instructions:
1. Download WinMTR from http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/
2. Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
3. Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
4. Run the WinMTR.exe
5. Type the IP address you want to trace in the "Host" field. If you are not sure what IP address to use, be sure to check out our "Running A Pathping Test" (https://us.battle.net/support/article/7871) support article, which mentions all of our IPs used for troubleshooting purposes.
6. Click on "Start" and then launch the game. Once you notice the connection issue, play for about 5 more minutes, minimize the game and click on "Stop".
7. Click on "Copy text to clipboard" and paste the results into your reply.
02/19/2017 10:39 AMPosted by Beigelstin
Hey MoonHeaven,

If you are having connection issues I would like to have you run a connection test so we can see what is going on. Just follow the below instructions and reply back with the results and we can go from there.[quote]WinMTR Instructions:
3. Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
4. Run the WinMTR.exe
5. Type the IP address you want to trace in the "Host" field. If you are not sure what IP address to use, be sure to check out our "Running A Pathping Test" ([url="https://us.battle.net/support/article/7871?utm_source=internal-TechForum&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=solution"]https://us.battle.net/support/article/7871[/url]) support article, which mentions all of our IPs used for troubleshooting purposes.
6. Click on "Start" and then launch the game. Once you notice the connection issue, play for about 5 more minutes, minimize the game and click on "Stop".

No Offense, but I have been reading replies on this forum from " Support Agents" telling us players to run these "tests"...guess what, I look at this protocol as a deflection technique to smoke screen the fact that the Diablo 3 servers are booting players off routinely, regardless of connection, NVidia drivers, or anything of that nature.

WE ARE NOT STUPID, stop redirecting us to tedious software routines that are NOT even fixing the ROOT issue, sure some people on here have had genuine connection issues that can be fixed with the info in the sticky tips, but what about the other 100 people on here that can booted after 10 minutes of being in game like me?

In the last two weeks on this tech forum, I've seen 5+ people report connection issues just like I did, every single one of those people got the same standard BS reply that it was some how their fault, and they should either download the latest driver, restart their modem, or even worse downgrade their comps from 64 bit to 32 bit, guess what.... I've done that numerous times in the last two years, till this day.....I AM still randomly getting disconnecting during important moments of gameplay.

So In conclusion , I think you people are liars about the connection issues, and you need to tell the truth about your d3 servers asap, because when you release the expansion with the necromancer update, this forum is going to be lit up with posts about what is being discussed in this thread now. I'm guessing there is two legit issues going on right now...#1- The d3 servers are having problems conveying information packets to certain isp providers, thus causing a disconnect after a certain amout of time. #2- The devs over pixelated the game in certain aspects without telling us, therefore people are freezing in game causing people to do a force restart.

Sorry for typing this book, but it makes me sad that I can't enjoy diablo 3 anymore, been a huge fan since the d2 days, but the tech issues the last few years have left me jaded etc.
I understand your frustration, unfortunately each situation is unique and there is no simple fix and we have to collect information, run tests and use our previous experience troubleshooting any issues. If we run into a situation where it turns out there is a server issue we can definitely get it looked into and resolved. However looking over everything I do see a large amount of players able to play without any issue and if there was a server issue we would definitely be getting a lot more posts on this and we do have a team that monitors the status of all of our servers and are generally aware of any issues as soon as they happen and begin working on resolving them.

I wish I had an easy fix cause we want you to be able to play. If you want assistance with figuring this out we are here but we will need to try a few things and then we can go from there. However if you do not want to provide the requested information we cannot provide any assistance.
02/19/2017 10:39 AMPosted by Beigelstin
Hey MoonHeaven,

If you are having connection issues I would like to have you run a connection test so we can see what is going on. Just follow the below instructions and reply back with the results and we can go from there.[quote]WinMTR Instructions:
4. Run the WinMTR.exe
5. Type the IP address you want to trace in the "Host" field. If you are not sure what IP address to use, be sure to check out our "Running A Pathping Test" ([url="https://us.battle.net/support/article/7871?utm_source=internal-TechForum&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=solution"]https://us.battle.net/support/article/7871[/url]) support article, which mentions all of our IPs used for troubleshooting purposes.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| router.asus.com - 0 | 1397 | 1397 | 1 | 2 | 12 | 2 |
| 10.0.0.1 - 1 | 1393 | 1392 | 1 | 6 | 143 | 5 |
| 96.120.69.41 - 0 | 1397 | 1397 | 10 | 20 | 269 | 15 |
|ge-1-40-ur02.needham.ma.boston.comcast.net - 0 | 1397 | 1397 | 10 | 19 | 282 | 17 |
| 96.108.156.37 - 0 | 1397 | 1397 | 11 | 22 | 282 | 18 |
|he-0-3-0-0-ar01.needham.ma.boston.comcast.net - 0 | 1397 | 1397 | 16 | 27 | 281 | 23 |
|be-7015-cr02.newyork.ny.ibone.comcast.net - 0 | 1397 | 1397 | 23 | 35 | 275 | 26 |
|be-32-pe01.60hudson.ny.ibone.comcast.net - 0 | 1397 | 1397 | 22 | 32 | 283 | 28 |
| as30036.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net - 0 | 1397 | 1397 | 22 | 31 | 288 | 26 |
| 37.244.3.33 - 0 | 1397 | 1397 | 95 | 106 | 369 | 101 |
| No response from host - 100 | 280 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 280 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 37.244.0.103 - 0 | 1397 | 1397 | 97 | 108 | 368 | 102 |
| 24.105.30.129 - 0 | 1397 | 1397 | 97 | 107 | 392 | 99 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
let me just say for the record that being a tech support isnt the easiest job in the universe. Even with a battery of tests the issue may not be resolved. There are a multitude of things that could be wrong. Like this could be a problem with the isp for all we know right now. thats why techs ask you to run tests so they can get the required information to narrow down the horde of possibilities. nothing is instant and not everything can be resolved easily.

I'm not trying to defend anyone or anything, all im saying is i know its hard but dont take it out on the techs who do their jobs the best they can please.

On the flip side though, thanks for sticking up for players who are having issues.
Hey Moonheaven,

So looking at your WinMTR it is showing some latency jumps that are likely the cause.
|ge-1-40-ur02.needham.ma.boston.comcast.net - 0 | 1397 | 1397 | 10 | 19 | 282 | 17 |
The 1% packet loss on hop 2 could be just a fluke, I only highlight it just incase it is a factor. My biggest concern is the spike to 143ms on hop 2 which progressively gets worse. This could indicate a problem at the modem. What I would do is try to bypass your router and connect directly to the modem and see how the performance is there.

Another thing we can try is to disable checksum offloading and see if that helps.
  • Click on Start.
  • Click on Control Panel.
  • Double click on the System icon
  • Click on Device Manager.
  • Expand the section labeled Network Adapters.
  • Right click on your network card and select Properties.
  • Click on the Advanced Tab
  • Click on Checksum Offloading (or Hardware Checksumming).
  • Change the value on the right to Disable.
  • Click OK.
I would give that a shot and see if there is any improvement.
02/19/2017 12:05 PMPosted by Beigelstin
Hey Moonheaven,

So looking at your WinMTR it is showing some latency jumps that are likely the cause.
The 1% packet loss on hop 2 could be just a fluke, I only highlight it just incase it is a factor. My biggest concern is the spike to 143ms on hop 2 which progressively gets worse. This could indicate a problem at the modem. What I would do is try to bypass your router and connect directly to the modem and see how the performance is there.

Another thing we can try is to disable checksum offloading and see if that helps.
  • Click on Start.
  • Click on Control Panel.
  • Double click on the System icon
  • Click on Device Manager.
  • Expand the section labeled Network Adapters.
  • Right click on your network card and select Properties.
  • Click on the Advanced Tab
  • Click on Checksum Offloading (or Hardware Checksumming).
  • Change the value on the right to Disable.
  • Click OK.
I would give that a shot and see if there is any improvement.

Sadly I am too far fom the modem to connece directly and this beast does get moved much.

I did check for checksuming and neither option presents itself in the properties advanced menu. I checked for any other way it might be put as well. no option shows an indication of checksumming.
Ultimately this may come down to a problem with your wireless connection. You can try switching from 5ghz to 2.4ghz if you are using 5ghz. Along with that I would try changing the channel, making sure the router is as high as it can be in the room as it is along with reducing the amount of objects between your computer and router.