Survey: Would you play a balanced D3 PvP ?

Brawling
This is just a survey to check the amount of people would like or not to have this feature.

Do you agree with a nice PvP for Diablo 3 ?

Yes Answer: Just thumb up and post yes to keep post fresh and if you wish you can post why you would like.
No Answer:Just thumb down and post no to keep post fresh and if you wish you can post why you would not like.

This is just to make one pre-liminar statistic from Forum to check what players think about it. A lot people state D3 players would not like to have a nice PvP and they say PvP community is zero. So to check a real minor statistic this survey is being made.
Yes I'd like that.

But everybody who cares about PvP has long left the game. It's probably been years since I checked this forum. I hope but strongly doubt you will reach many players.
02/13/2017 08:58 PMPosted by memo
But everybody who cares about PvP has long left the game.

Almost everyone. I'm still here lol.

PVP right now is in an almost unfixable state at the moment (I say almost because there is a way to fix it but would require extensive work in testing and balancing). Thus, while I would like to see PVP in D3 again, I know it won't happen so I abstain from voting.
02/14/2017 01:58 AMPosted by Iria
But everybody who cares about PvP has long left the game.

Almost everyone. I'm still here lol.

PVP right now is in an almost unfixable state at the moment (I say almost because there is a way to fix it but would require extensive work in testing and balancing). Thus, while I would like to see PVP in D3 again, I know it won't happen so I abstain from voting.

That would be fixable. PvP would work if they remove PvE power from PvP enviroment (one alternative pvp inventory where you just equip rare itens and with restriction from GR gems, legendaries, kanai slots, paragon points, skill runes (just raw skills would be possible) because PvE was made for heroes be merciless and to kill fast this would include our own hero too. With that would not exist one hit kill. And for last they should or get away from mages armor debuff for physical hit (because this is for PvE stuff) or to buff mages damages for some amount (to balance the lack of defense).
02/14/2017 02:12 AMPosted by PardalBR
That would be fixable. PvP would work if they remove PvE power from PvP enviroment (one alternative pvp inventory where you just equip rare itens and with restriction from GR gems, legendaries, kanai slots, paragon points, skill runes (just raw skills would be possible) because PvE was made for heroes be merciless and to kill fast this would include our own hero too. With that would not exist one hit kill. And for last they should or get away from mages armor debuff for physical hit (because this is for PvE stuff) or to buff mages damages for some amount (to balance the lack of defense).

Unfortunately, it's not that easy.

First, "remove PVE power" doesn't make any sense since everything contributes to PVE aside from gold find and similar non-combat stats.

Next, the idea of using only rare items, with no legendary gems nor paragon/etc., would still have the problem of unkillable players. Also, paragon is impossible to enforce (you must trust that your opponent doesn't cheat).

Restricting all legendary items and effects, and furthermore restricting all skill runes takes too much away from the possibility of gameplay; the duels would be stale with only one or two viable builds possible and no diversity.

Also, the comment about "mages armor debuff" or "mages damages" isn't clear.

I appreciate the effort but there are no "quick fixes" that can work to sustain an interesting PVP environment where the matches are not too long or short and are fun to play and watch.
02/14/2017 05:17 AMPosted by Iria
02/14/2017 02:12 AMPosted by PardalBR

Unfortunately, it's not that easy.

First, "remove PVE power" doesn't make any sense since everything contributes to PVE aside from gold find and similar non-combat stats.

Next, the idea of using only rare items, with no legendary gems nor paragon/etc., would still have the problem of unkillable players. Also, paragon is impossible to enforce (you must trust that your opponent doesn't cheat).

Restricting all legendary items and effects, and furthermore restricting all skill runes takes too much away from the possibility of gameplay; the duels would be stale with only one or two viable builds possible and no diversity.

Also, the comment about "mages armor debuff" or "mages damages" isn't clear.

I appreciate the effort but there are no "quick fixes" that can work to sustain an interesting PVP environment where the matches are not too long or short and are fun to play and watch.

Same restriction a follower has to block equip iten from one follower to other they would just block these equipment. The first step would be remove PvE features (because they are made thinking in PvE and that will be a huge unbalance). It's easy to do - they would cast a copy from our inventory for alternative PvP inventory so the damage link/bound from there would not count with paragon points, GR gems, kanai slots, legendaries effects etc and this PvP inventory would be just activated after entering arena.

This is the very first step after that they could cast purple itens (oriented pvp made itens - because they can not avoid to create one PvE item because that will cause issues on PvP this way the game play would create blind points and a limit they could not cross so this is the easier way).
Yes, I would play a balanced PVP.

When the game first came out, I had 16 friends/family/online friends who also bought the game. Only 3 plus me bought ROS. When I talk to any of the 13 who don't play anymore and haven't bought ROS, one of the first things they ask me is "does D3 have real PVP yet?". As they try to push forward with the necromancer and other DLC's, finally coming thru with real PVP would add a lot more $ to their bottom line.

02/14/2017 01:58 AMPosted by Iria

What they need is a XX% reduced damage vs. nephalem modifier built into the characters. This way the PVE won't be changed and PVP would no longer be a one hit fest. They could then put PVP geared bonuses on some of those auto-salvage legendaries in order to get a better balance.
02/15/2017 02:28 PMPosted by Alexismad
What they need is a XX% reduced damage vs. nephalem modifier built into the characters. This way the PVE won't be changed and PVP would no longer be a one hit fest. They could then put PVP geared bonuses on some of those auto-salvage legendaries in order to get a better balance.

As I have stated again and again on many threads in this forum, no, another damage reduction won't fix the issue. Currently, Barb/Monk/Crus take 35% less damage and the other classes take 30% less; upping those numbers won't fix the issue since they would make it easier to make a stalemating setup.

Sure, people geared for PVE wouldn't kill each other instantly but once you encounter someone geared for PVP, you won't have a chance to ever kill them (simply they will have too much toughness). There are a lot of issues that need addressing regarding PVP combat:

Damage to toughness ratio (this has a HUGE variance in this game: ~3-4 orders of magnitude)
Some healing is fixed, others are % based (difficult to balance)
Cooldown and resource cost reduction issues (near invincible characters)
Paragon level balance (impossible to check if opponent disabled their levels)
Gear swapping (also difficult to control)
Certain legendary effects have issues (e.g. constant warping/vaulting etc.)
Certain skills/passives have issues (e.g. thorns abilities)

While simply addressing all these issues by say allowing only blue or white items and banning the use of paragon would provide a short-term solution. The matches would get increasingly stale once each class has a winning build (there would be no diversity since almost everything was banned).
Yes I would play the !@#$ out of it
02/16/2017 02:07 AMPosted by Iria
02/15/2017 02:28 PMPosted by Alexismad

As I have stated again and again on many threads in this forum, no, another damage reduction won't fix the issue. Currently, Barb/Monk/Crus take 35% less damage and the other classes take 30% less; upping those numbers won't fix the issue since they would make it easier to make a stalemating setup.

Sure, people geared for PVE wouldn't kill each other instantly but once you encounter someone geared for PVP, you won't have a chance to ever kill them (simply they will have too much toughness). There are a lot of issues that need addressing regarding PVP combat:

Damage to toughness ratio (this has a HUGE variance in this game: ~3-4 orders of magnitude)
Some healing is fixed, others are % based (difficult to balance)
Cooldown and resource cost reduction issues (near invincible characters)
Paragon level balance (impossible to check if opponent disabled their levels)
Gear swapping (also difficult to control)
Certain legendary effects have issues (e.g. constant warping/vaulting etc.)
Certain skills/passives have issues (e.g. thorns abilities)

While simply addressing all these issues by say allowing only blue or white items and banning the use of paragon would provide a short-term solution. The matches would get increasingly stale once each class has a winning build (there would be no diversity since almost everything was banned).

Instead creating solution i see you are a negative person which like to create problems.

Gear swapping they could implement same GR restriction gear swap.

Just remove all runes and make the raw skill to work. (not invencible character more or add one pvp effect for each rune easy to solve is it hard to address the programming ? create one new tab on skill display one called pve other called pvp; does passives are the problem like thorns ? do the same for it, so make it from scratch - it's not needed to add a lot of passive at start just add some, always it is easy to solve question WHEN YOU WANT TO!). The main problem is devs doesn't want. It's hard to enter their brain to separate pve world from pvp world but if they do in this way they would never more have work to do with each pve update/skill changes and balances for each season to re-work all pvp, one thing would not change the other. It's easy but it's like Einstein say when you create a problem in your mind which you could not solve in 1 year the chance to solve for next 10 years it's 0.1%. Everything has solution everything is math when you can't go for one direction you just have to think alternatives ways.

There are a lot of histories from new employees which doesn't know the main core problem from one enterprise was "impossible"to address they solved without to know everybody tagged it like "impossible". You just have to think different. If you can't go for street A, go for Street B, C, D, fly, etc.
Hi! I'm a true Diablo fan and have been since Diablo 1 came out. I really want Diablo 3 to become something that is simply just more `FUN` for all users. Diablo 2 had its problems with bots, d2jsp, and the like but, aside from that it was probably closest to the best game I've ever played in my life and would like to progress back into the sort of gameplay. PvP was great in D2. I'm wondering how PvP could only get less refined from something that was created over 15 years ago? We still only have 4 players per game when we had 8 in d2. 4v4 duels were great. MFing was super fun as well and I would like to be excited when I find a legendary like I was back in the day instead of them dropping ever 30 seconds and turning them into crafting materials. over, ..and over... and over. Farming a Shako or a Shaftstop from Hell Meph runs was really fun and rewarding. Even if you didnt need the item you could still trade it to someone who did and get something that you need in return. I'm really tired of feeling the "this is such a shame" feeling of finding a great item that I personally cannot use but having no one to be able to trade it to and just washing it away at the smith. Diablo 3 is really fun for the first week of a ladder season but after that it get really monotonized. There is a reason why Diablo 2 still had people playing it and I would love for you guys to re-examine it and adapt Diablo 3 into something more like Diablo 2. A server Browser with player created games and titles was great. We could help people and not have to rely on unneeded communities for things. Just running through the game with randoms was pretty fun. Diablo 3 needs more of an endgame to keep players having fun instead of the same stuff over and over. People don't have time to play this game all day everyday in order to be relevant on the leader-boards. A good end-game shouldn't require you to give up you life farming paragon levels. Level 99 is enough and MFing for gear is super fun because it makes the game exciting. In Diablo 2 you gave certain monsters drop rates for different kinds of items such as Countess runs for runes or Baal and Cows runs for better chances at super rare high end items such as Windforce or a Zod rune. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm hating on D3 and your hard work making it. It's just that there are fundamental things in in D2 that made it such an outstanding game for going the better part of 2 decades now. Please make 8 player games! Please make farming Paragon levels a thing of the past and please making MFing more fun like it was in D2. It's impossible for botters to stop botting but that shouldn't be a reason to not have some sort of trade for casual players who just want to have fun. Please make a hostile button! and we should be able to fight anywhere at anytime not in some tiny arena limiting abilities of certain champions that require kiting to win fights. Please take my thoughts into consideration because I assure you that i'm not the only one who feels this way. You guys would make more money if you implemented my ideas into you game because people would have more fun. More FUN = more players = more purchases. We play games to have fun and not feel doomed in monotony.
Yes I'd like that.

But everybody who cares about PvP has long left the game. It's probably been years since I checked this forum. I hope but strongly doubt you will reach many players.

+1 for pvp (whatever "balanced" looks like I do not give a !@#$ at this point)

I am dusting the kukuri off today... after a long hiatus and many complainey pants posts... I still submit the complaints are valid.
Yes.

To be short, adds a very interesting end game content.

If well balanced, allowing difernet builds for each char depndeing on comp, etc it can be realy fun.