This rift is literally A4 - Gardens of Hope Tier 1

General Discussion
Not only are the long, sewer-like rifts boring, but they are too reminiscent of running bounties.

What's the difference between clearing Ice Caves level 2, or getting a long winding ice-caves rift with the same density as the normal game and mobs spread out just as they are in bounty mode?

Look at this rift:

• http://imgur.com/a/dKLFH

• Its literally Act 4 - Gardens of Hope Tier 1. The shrine spawned in its usual spot, the exit spawned in its usual spot (I ran for falcon).... how does this happen?

I get that it is randomly generated from "chunks" of existing pieces, so maybe this is just RNG at work -- but it seems really odd. There was a great designer post on how rifts were made a few years ago I think, but I'm not going to pretend like I know the ins and outs of how rifts are generated.

I get that we want variety in rifts, and we need different tilesets, floorlayouts and monsters, but IMHO, rifts should at least be different from the maps we get in bounties, and whatever mechanic is resulting in maps for rifts being generated like this needs to go.

On the otherhand, 1 in 10 rifts is something massive like this:

dank AF rift:

• http://imgur.com/a/Muu5V

• I spawned the boss before I even clear 1/2 the map, and I cleared the whole thing after because I was farming DBs and it was packed with elites.

Why can't they all be that large and that dense? Can't we introduce minimum values so rifts spawn with AT LEAST a certain size and density?
    The difference is that the bounty forces you to actually check every last corner and kill every single stupid underground worm mob.

Whereas in the rift, you can just skip through it or only kill the bigger packs / elites and ignore the rest, and hope for a better next level.
    the devs are just wrong in the head with this new patch 2.4.3
    02/18/2017 11:42 AMPosted by nand
    The difference is that the bounty forces you to actually check every last corner and kill every single stupid underground worm mob.

Whereas in the rift, you can just skip through it or only kill the bigger packs / elites and ignore the rest, and hope for a better next level.

lmao, TFW you see "1 enemy left" and start backtracking only to find out you ran past an underground worm without it even popping up way back at the start.

Rifts are meant to be randomly generated though, how are we getting actual layouts from existing levels?
    Every Rift and GR should be the massive open maps loaded with elites.

Because they're fun. Do you remember why people play games, devs? They play them for FUN. They don't play them fulfill some personal philosophy of map diversity or density algorithms. We're playing D3 because killing a bunch of enemies for hours straight with a build of our choosing is fun.

Do you remember fun?
    02/18/2017 12:28 PMPosted by RDS
    Rifts are meant to be randomly generated though, how are we getting actual layouts from existing levels?

Diablo levels consist of big square tiles. In a rift, you get a random configuration of these tiles, stitched together to form a level.

There is a chance that you will get the same tiles in the same order as an actual static level.

02/18/2017 03:07 PMPosted by Tohki
    Every Rift and GR should be the massive open maps loaded with elites.

Yes, like nephalem rifts. Those are way more fun than GRs for this exact reason.