Weapon choice for Manald heal build

Wizard
Sorry if already solved but I am trying to get to the best weapon choice for my build.
I am using pigsticker, but I saw people using fulminator, or even thunderfury, I guess looking for electric damage to proc paralisys.

Can you guys please support me with theory of the best choice for my build as best weapon?
The leg effect of thunderfury do not proc MH as far as I know.
Pigsticker is fine. Its supposely BiS but not a must have for the build. Any fast attack 1-hander with good stats and leg effect will work fine.
Any dagger would be ideal. They have the fastest base attack speed in the game of 1.5 attacks/second. And more attacks in a fixed amount of time means more chances to trigger MH which translates to higher dps.

The pig sticker has the increased human/beast damage and are a common dagger drop for wizards. So they're a good choice.
Understood the point. It means I need to focus on attack speed for weapon.
Additional effects of other mentioned weapons are not worht compared with attack speed, is it right?
Pig Sticker is also basically a stat stick. It comes with a lot of stats, more than most weapons AFAIK.

One other option I had been considering is Sun Keeper. But Sun Keepers are extremely rare as is. I had one a long time ago, and getting even a decent ancient one these days is pretty rare. Much less a perfect one with IAS and 30% elite damage and CDR... I don't even know if that's possible.
Yeah, PS has 5+2 affixes and if you get a really good one then DMG%, Mainstat, AS and CDR would be possible. But getting such a monster is something else...

02/21/2017 08:45 AMPosted by StoleOwnCar
One other option I had been considering is Sun Keeper. But Sun Keepers are extremely rare as is. I had one a long time ago, and getting even a decent ancient one these days is pretty rare. Much less a perfect one with IAS and 30% elite damage and CDR... I don't even know if that's possible.
Yes, it's possible - I have this an ancient SK:

http://imgur.com/a/9T7LL

I know, not really perfect - Elite % is low, but as you can see... I can still enchant this thing, to get CDR I would have to reroll the mainstat, but it would be doable.
Thank you very much. Now it's clear.
02/21/2017 09:10 AMPosted by Lexa
I know, not really perfect - Elite % is low, but as you can see... I can still enchant this thing, to get CDR I would have to reroll the mainstat, but it would be doable.

Yep but even then I'm honestly not sure if it would outdamage Pig Sticker anyway. I know it wouldn't for sure on the monster types that sticker has in its secondaries. It probably also has a much lower proc rate than PS due to maces' traditionally low attack speed. Hard to say without testing it to be honest, you should go ahead and roll the int off of yours and try it.
To clarify is Pig BIS for all MH builds or only Archon ones? Is Deathwish or Woh or Walker better for non Archons? Thanks.
02/21/2017 10:10 AMPosted by StoleOwnCar
Hard to say without testing it to be honest, you should go ahead and roll the int off of yours and try it.
Problem is I have no PigSticker to compare that thing with, not even on live. I tried to upgrade 300+ daggers on PTR and all ancient PS I received were pretty much useless garbage. I need to copy my account again to get a load of bounty mats for reforging. Maybe I will see better results doing that.
BIS is a legacy Barber dagger with 10% damage, 7% IAS, 10% CDR and 35% CHD.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-barber-3CKt98

You need to roll away Intelligence at the Mystic before you can have all four of the above affixes.

The current Barber still has CHD but lost its 5th primary affix. It's still usable but isn't as good as the Pigsticker.
I would say that's arguable. 35% CHD varies in term of how much it will boost your damage. I would say that it probably ends up being a tossup between for instance 8% elite damage (or even 1k int) and 35% CHD. Plus it lacks the fairly powerful (though situational) secondaries of Pig Sticker.
Out of curiosity.

With a Gogok, AS on gear and Archon overlap isn't it better to use another weapon? I mean, from what I see while a Pigsticker has lots of attributes the bases damage generally is below other weapons.

So I wonder if the native AS speed of the Pigstickers isn't outperformed by the weapon damage of a slower weapon seeing MH damage is derived from your weapon damage.
02/21/2017 08:45 AMPosted by StoleOwnCar
Much less a perfect one with IAS and 30% elite damage and CDR... I don't even know if that's possible.

I have a very good roll with 30% e. dmg, ias and main stat.
unless I re-roll the mainstat to CDR...

I dont know how much damage I am missing there.
with sunkeeper (max. roll assumed), i have less aps...
pig sticker has higher aps + CDR, and possible 30% additional damage to human/beasts