Clan leaving due to primals

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
I am in a NS clan of about 80 active members. They are closing clan and dropping game after primals release. They have worked a lot of hours on augments and rolls to have to replace them again. I know all the opinions of good or who cares, they dont have to replace them and so on...but are primals really needed...couldnt blizz just balance current skills, items, and sets for more diversity and let us farm for more builds?
It's for the better. Don't waste your time on this game.

Just take a break until Blizzard eventually 180°s and introduces a way of upgrading ancients to primals (or whatever).
02/04/2017 01:15 PMPosted by nand
It's for the better. Don't waste your time on this game.

Just take a break until Blizzard eventually 180°s and introduces a way of upgrading ancients to primals (or whatever).

I don't want that. I don't want primals at all and neither do they. it sucks that our augments and work go out the window. this is turning into woW junior way too much
02/04/2017 01:45 PMPosted by Baine
I don't want that. I don't want primals at all and neither do they. it sucks that our augments and work go out the window. this is turning into woW junior way too much

Well, there's nothing you can do about it except waiting a year. A year is usually how long it takes Blizzard to 180° on things the community hates.
we gave up our items when RoS and level 70 came out, and farmed again.
We gave up out items with ancients, and farmed again.
Worse than that, we got a damn god item, augmented, and then found something a bit better (say you havent had that!)

Primals are just another step up. for me, I cant understand why people are happy to accept bump A but not bump B- both are a boost, its just a case of whether you are lucky enough to get the good stuff to begin with (me, usually, not lol).

Its up to each player to decide if they want to keep playing. If Primals broke it for you, chances are you were getting bored with it anyway. For me, I play as a time killer (work is hard, and you need something to get teh day out of your system) and for personal goals. this season was to get the last stash solo, and I made it- noy quickly, but it was a target I wanted to hit.

Primals will certainly wipe out previous work, but thats the way of things. RoS and ancients did this before, and its happening again. Play or dont play, its a personal choice.
02/04/2017 01:51 PMPosted by nand
the community hates

No. YOU hate- you do not speak for the community. Sorry but this is a bugbear for me- no one here speaks for everyone else, and should bear that in mind.
I still can't understand how anyone could play this game on non-season, when after just 3-4 weeks you're complete decked out in BiS-gear and it's just an autistic paragon grindfest.

But to each their own.
I LOVE Primals. Can't wait for them to be available in the next patch!
Wah wah wah... You worked so hard to get where you are. IT'S A GAME. It's not a job. Lighten up. Have some fun. Play a wonky weird build that you haven't tried before. Don't worry about the leaderboards. You ain't gonna get paid. Chill.
So what do you and your clan do once you've augmented your gear now anyway? If that's end game for you, what's left?

Just keep going, level up those gems, so that when that sweet primal drops, you can augment it straight away.

Nothing has changed. The game is still GR's and levelling gems and augmenting, over and over.
02/04/2017 02:06 PMPosted by spacecadet13
So what do you and your clan do once you've augmented your gear now anyway? If that's end game for you, what's left?

Just keep going, level up those gems, so that when that sweet primal drops, you can augment it straight away.

Nothing has changed. The game is still GR's and levelling gems and augmenting, over and over.

exactly, but they wont understand. It doesnt even make their current gears obsolete as they can still do the exact same things they are currently doing with the same gears.
02/04/2017 01:11 PMPosted by Baine
I am in a NS clan of about 380 active members.

380? The max clan size is 150.

Do you mean chat channel?
02/04/2017 01:11 PMPosted by Baine
I am in a NS clan of about 380 active members. They are closing clan and dropping game after primals release. They have worked a lot of hours on augments and rolls to have to replace them again. I know all the opinions of good or who cares, they dont have to replace them and so on...but are primals really needed...couldnt blizz just balance current skills, items, and sets for more diversity and let us farm for more builds....they ruined WoW with a horrible power creep too.

lots of unnecessary typing you did there, here let me help you out.... just rewrite your post with this: "hello, look up the word entitlement in the dictionary and you see my name!"
02/04/2017 02:15 PMPosted by Manitoba1073
02/04/2017 02:06 PMPosted by spacecadet13

exactly, but they wont understand. It doesnt even make their current gears obsolete as they can still do the exact same things they are currently doing with the same gears.

I think the big thing is that people would rather have actual content to go through instead of blizzard just pushing the grind and power creep even more.
I love everyone that is overreacting about primals even though they came out instantly and said primals "WERE NEVER AND ARE NEVER GOING TO BE INTENDED TO JUST BE A STAT INCREASE" and that they are working on features that are unique to primals only.

Come on people, iteration number one of any ptr is typically far from what happens in game. It baffles me how you all are sometimes!
02/04/2017 02:56 PMPosted by Urazz

I think the big thing is that people would rather have actual content to go through instead of blizzard just pushing the grind and power creep even more.

THIS IS exactly what I am saying..why not balance more builds and gear sets instead of having 1-2 top builds for months or years...make stuff better...adding primals brings nothing new at all just power creep to current stuff.
02/04/2017 03:15 PMPosted by Baine

THIS IS exactly what I am saying..why not balance more builds and gear sets instead of having 1-2 top builds for months or years...make stuff better...adding primals brings nothing new at all just power creep to current stuff.

There is a pretty clear timeline where something happened within blizz and D3 content just stopped.

It is likely they pulled everyone to the side and had major internal discussions.

All of a sudden, 6 months later, communication is becoming a massive part of the game, and they are beginning to get more creative. Armory, Crafting tab, a new class, and now primals (which are NOT just stat increases as mentioned in a blue post), and it becomes clear that we as a community are now in a better spot because of this to begin with.

SO, thank you to whomever decided to switch directions, it is much appreciated, and I cannot wait to see the end results of this work!!!!

its not quite a power creep, its more of buffing chars for higher grs.
its really not pushing the grind either, as the grind really stays the same.
dont get me wrong, i'd love more different types of content to get added. Primals are just a small bit of content.
02/04/2017 01:57 PMPosted by Flaco
I still can't understand how anyone could play this game on non-season, when after just 3-4 weeks you're complete decked out in BiS-gear and it's just an autistic paragon grindfest.

But to each their own.

Translated into my perspective, what you just said goes something as follows:

"I still can't understand how anyone could work to for money to dine at restaurants and pay for produce at the store, when the food in this dumpster is completely delicious and this career thing it's just an autistic work fest.

But to each their own"

Then onto you, uninspiring hobo, I retort, "bon apetit." Enjoy the quality of your 3-4 week "decked-out" status.