Clan leaving due to primals

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
I agree with vpenguin.

I grinded and gnashed my teeth with level 70 items and ancients.

With primal, it's the same thing.

Blizzard removing sunk cost.

Content is this game isn't going to change much. Keep on kind this game is several years old.

Be happy we are getting some active support at all, QOL changes, and necromancer for no cash flow game.
02/04/2017 01:54 PMPosted by VPenguin
02/04/2017 01:51 PMPosted by nand
the community hates

No. YOU hate- you do not speak for the community. Sorry but this is a bugbear for me- no one here speaks for everyone else, and should bear that in mind.

No, the COMMUNITY hates.

If you don't think the community is upset about primals, you need to take a look around. The backlash was so bad Blizzard is actually taking another look at primals to change them from their current state.
As others have said what do you lose? You're getting more to do. The end game is all about loot hunting and increasing your gear. It's like Wow but without the end game content to challenge your fancy, shiny gear you've invested into.
02/04/2017 01:51 PMPosted by VPenguin
we gave up our items when RoS and level 70 came out, and farmed again.
We gave up out items with ancients, and farmed again.
Worse than that, we got a damn god item, augmented, and then found something a bit better (say you havent had that!)

Primals are just another step up. for me, I cant understand why people are happy to accept bump A but not bump B- both are a boost, its just a case of whether you are lucky enough to get the good stuff to begin with (me, usually, not lol).

You're ignoring the issue. I'm an exclusive seasonal player, I know what it's like to lose your items every few months. I usually let the mail eat my items. I really don't care about them, because I'll start over in the next season anyway.

But here's the thing:

Before ancients, it took ~50 hours to gear a single spec
After ancients, it takes about ~500 hours
After primals, it will take about ~5000 hours

50 hours was very manageable and well within the point where grind turns to frustration and tedium; and the most fun I've ever had in Diablo. I could experiment with multiple builds within a season, I could reroll to a different class within a season; I could feel like I've reached my goal for a season and then stop and wait for the next one.

500 hours (i.e. introduction of ancients) is when the game took its first big negative hit for me. I can no longer complete even a single spec before the point where frustration kicks in. I want to try out multiple classes/builds, but I no longer find myself having the motivation to bother gearing them, because it will take another 500 hours of solid grinding before I can begin competing again. Some of my friends starting botting because of this, even though they were not botters before - simply because 500 hours of solid grinding per spec per class was more than any reasonable player enjoys investing.

And now, come primals, and the 500 hours are increased to 5000 hours. I don't even know how you expect me to grind out 5000 hours within a single season. That requires some serious warping of the space time continuum. So the only option for me is to just not do it. I'll be waiting for some guaranteed-method-to-get-primals is introduced before I even consider playing seasons again. (I'll probably continue in non-season for occasional kicks, even though I have no hope of actually competing on the non-seasonal leaderboards...)

If anything, the only positive thing about primals that I can say is that it removes any semblance of competition for me one way or the other, so I won't have to worry about the opportunity cost of trying out different classes/specs anymore, since I won't ever accomplish my goals one way or the other. So, if that's what Blizzard wanted, mission accomplished?
02/04/2017 04:18 PMPosted by Phatty
Be happy we are getting some active support at all, QOL changes, and necromancer for no cash flow game.

1) Necromancer is paid DLC and not free.

2) Do you think that every time that Microsoft sends out a patch for its OS or Office this is free content or did they already calculate those "support" costs in how much they sell the software for?
02/04/2017 04:28 PMPosted by Rptr04
As others have said what do you lose? You're getting more to do. The end game is all about loot hunting and increasing your gear. It's like Wow but without the end game content to challenge your fancy, shiny gear you've invested into.

What if they released 1 new Primal Ancient weapon every ten years? or made (P)ancient items 1% more powerful or made them have more point of a random stat? over regular ancients?

What if they were just ancient items but the golden border on the tool tip sparkled?

At what point does one get reasonably frustrated?

Or conversely if you are talking about the principle of the thing;
At what point do the D3 devs say that THIS version or Primal ancient is acceptable or fun or what is worthy to be grafted in to the world of Diablo 3?

Surely you cannot say that the very moment they make an addition that the players cannot lose? if they care about the quality of the game, while watching devs try to plop in the (P)ancients that they did, these concerned players had no choice but to lose...IMHO it was just one more example to add to the pile of examples of brutally squandered potential.....
Cya
02/04/2017 01:57 PMPosted by NeueZiel
I LOVE Primals. Can't wait for them to be available in the next patch!

say that when you grind for hours and hours only to salvage a primal blind faith or any of the 95% of useless items in the game .
02/04/2017 04:19 PMPosted by BobWitchDR
<span class="truncated">...</span>

No. YOU hate- you do not speak for the community. Sorry but this is a bugbear for me- no one here speaks for everyone else, and should bear that in mind.

No, the COMMUNITY hates.

If you don't think the community is upset about primals, you need to take a look around. The backlash was so bad Blizzard is actually taking another look at primals to change them from their current state.

The people on the forums hate everything, But the question is, why are you ignoring the thousands of people who play the game and don't complain and don't come to the forums and the only opinion that counts is the 500 same people that hate everything here?
So what if this poor excuse of a community hates it, the majority of PLAYERS that actually play the game aren't complaining, Majority wins, The people here are a LONG way from being the majority of players because 3/4 of you here don't play and only complain
Also it is only on the PTR which the majority of people don't play so in the end it is only a handful of people that have been to the PTR that are making the decision for everyone.
Bottom line, I haven't been on the PTR to play so saying I hate it is bull because I haven't even played it to form an opinion, but here you are claiming I hate it
02/04/2017 01:11 PMPosted by Baine
They are closing clan and dropping game after primals release.

Just goes to show you what type of leader your clan has, as far as I am concerned the 1 person who made the clan is shutting it down out of spite for his clan members. The leader of the clan I am in hasn't played for two seasons and his clan is still there, playing happily. Leader of my clan leaves the clan active for the players even though he doesn't play. Yours deliberately shuts theirs down for reasons and you are here crying about it
02/04/2017 02:19 PMPosted by SadJessica
I am in a NS clan of about 380 active members.

380? The max clan size is 150.

Do you mean chat channel?

Some clans have multiple divisions.
I don't think that Primals are a good idea either. The thought of having to, once again, grind an inordinate amount of time is depressing. Not to mention the rendering of all my current gear and augments obsolete is another huge turn-off. It looking more and more like D3 will be in my rear view mirror once Mass Effect Andromeda hits next month unfortunately.
Seems kind of silly to leave seeing how the patch will roll out with a new season anyway, which means near gear anyway.
Only 380? lol
<span class="truncated">...</span>

No, the COMMUNITY hates.

The people on the forums hate everything, But the question is, why are you ignoring the thousands of people who play the game and don't complain and don't come to the forums and the only opinion that counts is the 500 same people that hate everything here?
So what if this poor excuse of a community hates it, the majority of PLAYERS that actually play the game aren't complaining, Majority wins, The people here are a LONG way from being the majority of players because 3/4 of you here don't play and only complain
Also it is only on the PTR which the majority of people don't play so in the end it is only a handful of people that have been to the PTR that are making the decision for everyone.
Bottom line, I haven't been on the PTR to play so saying I hate it is bull because I haven't even played it to form an opinion, but here you are claiming I hate it

These forums are not the only place voicing displeasure. Streamers don't like primals. Most people posting in Reddit don't like primals. The PTR forums are upset about primals.

The community, in general, is unhappy with the initial announcement of primal items. The backlash has been so severe Blizzard is literally changing how they function.

This is not a vocal minority response.
02/04/2017 06:50 PMPosted by DrSuperGood
Seems kind of silly to leave seeing how the patch will roll out with a new season anyway, which means near gear anyway.

I am in a NS clan
02/04/2017 07:29 PMPosted by BobWitchDR

These forums are not the only place voicing displeasure. Streamers don't like primals. Most people posting in Reddit don't like primals. The PTR forums are upset about primals.

The community, in general, is unhappy with the initial announcement of primal items. The backlash has been so severe Blizzard is literally changing how they function.

This is not a vocal minority response.

Amen to all that brother.
I am in a NS clan of about 380 active members.

There are 27 members not 380.

Really dude. Why lie about that? Its so easy to verify.