Clan leaving due to primals

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
02/04/2017 07:29 PMPosted by BobWitchDR
This is not a vocal minority response.

Of course it is, not everyone is playing the PTR
Like I said, you say everyone hates it, yet not everyone has played the PTR, and you are claiming I hate something I haven't even played yet
02/04/2017 04:36 PMPosted by MicroRNA
02/04/2017 04:18 PMPosted by Phatty
Be happy we are getting some active support at all, QOL changes, and necromancer for no cash flow game.

1) Necromancer is paid DLC and not free.

2) Do you think that every time that Microsoft sends out a patch for its OS or Office this is free content or did they already calculate those "support" costs in how much they sell the software for?

1) That would not be a steady revenue stream. There is no revenue stream now at all or any monetization outside of selling copies of D3 and ROS. Auction house was a steady revenue stream.

2) Are you kidding me? Are really trying to compare windows and D3? Please try harder.

I did not like loosing my sunk cost with level 70 items, ancients, and I definitely don't like primals either. However, this is _HOW_ D3 has been developed time and time again. This is par for the course.

Accept, adapt, and move on.
02/04/2017 04:35 PMPosted by nand
And now, come primals, and the 500 hours are increased to 5000 hours. I don't even know how you expect me to grind out 5000 hours within a single season.

They don't expect you to, and neither should you.

Primals are very rare items that devoted players will hunt for long term, once they have their build decked out in ancients. There should be no expectation that you must be fully decked out in them, or ever will be - certainly not within the period of a single season. That's what "very rare" means.

If you prefer to experiment with multiple characters and different builds, there's always normal legendaries / sets. You can have fun without a full wardrobe of the best items in the game. The gameplay is exactly the same.
02/04/2017 01:54 PMPosted by VPenguin
02/04/2017 01:51 PMPosted by nand
the community hates

No. YOU hate- you do not speak for the community. Sorry but this is a bugbear for me- no one here speaks for everyone else, and should bear that in mind.

Did you even read what you quoted before you went off the rails?

He said "for blizzard to 180 on things the community hates"
How is that a controversial or opinionated statement, other than the allotment of time?

You didn't even argue against that point, you went right after a generalized stance that he didn't even make. I think it's less "bug bear" and more "trigger inducing" in your case. Calm down.
02/04/2017 08:00 PMPosted by Steve
02/04/2017 07:29 PMPosted by BobWitchDR
This is not a vocal minority response.

Of course it is, not everyone is playing the PTR
Like I said, you say everyone hates it, yet not everyone has played the PTR, and you are claiming I hate something I haven't even played yet

I never made any mention of you. I'm speaking of the response seen in general. If you have an opinion on primals, go make a thread and express it.

By the way, if you really believe this is a vocal minority problem, you better tell all those happy people out there to speak up. If Blizzard never hears from them, they can't take their opinion into consideration.
02/04/2017 06:05 PMPosted by Steve
The people on the forums hate everything, But the question is, why are you ignoring the thousands of people who play the game and don't complain and don't come to the forums and the only opinion that counts is the 500 same people that hate everything here?

.....because agreeing with the overwhelming majority of morons who "just luv them sum D3 zombie squishin action" would have gotten Diablo 3 nothing more than stupid ancient primals with moar mainstat and a kewl coloured border....?

The backlash and the critique that gets rounded up,ignored, and is all branded as mindless hate is exactly what prompted a change...a change that is not reality yet, and If I had to guess never will be....
Just install and screw this game. The developers are clueless and retarded. They don't know the first thing about the series and the genre. No matter what you say to them, it doesn't change their mind. They are mad, that Trump won and are taking it out on the players. Typical trendies....
And you are just going to lay down and die? I like to believe that nothing is set in stone just yet. This PTR has started only a month into the current season. We should still have six to eight weeks to influence if and how primal ancient items will be introduced. As far as I am concerned, the whole concept should be scrapped and as long as there is a chance of this happening, I will fight.

Now is the time to hear your voice heard. Rather than just saying you are going to quit, get those 380 people to speak their minds here on the forums, or on other media. Make yourselves heard.

Make it happen.
02/04/2017 08:19 PMPosted by BobWitchDR
By the way, if you really believe this is a vocal minority problem, you better tell all those happy people out there to speak up. If Blizzard never hears from them, they can't take their opinion into consideration.

Make it live and they will, and if they don't come here to complain about it, they must like it, because they rather be playing then come here
But no hide it behind a PTR download that I figure 90% of the players wouldn't even bother about and say it's not a vocal minority
You could have a godly rolled Ancient, customized to your liking and think that the last you'll need. And you'll probably be right since the chances of getting these Primals seems to be very, very low anyway.
02/04/2017 11:08 PMPosted by Steve
02/04/2017 08:19 PMPosted by BobWitchDR

Make it live and they will, and if they don't come here to complain about it, they must like it, because they rather be playing then come here
But no hide it behind a PTR download that I figure 90% of the players wouldn't even bother about and say it's not a vocal minority

I guess the vocal minority cares a lot more about the game since they're willing to pay attention to the changes coming via PTR.

By the way, I love that you keep preaching this vocal minority position in a thread titled "clan leaving due to primals." I suppose that clan is just another portion of the vocal minority, huh?

Also: You're welcome. We, the 'vocal minority,' care enough about this game to provide feedback and demand Blizzard do better. Because of us, the vocal minority, primal items have a chance of seeing improvement from the lazy design originally introduced.
02/04/2017 04:19 PMPosted by BobWitchDR
02/04/2017 01:54 PMPosted by VPenguin

No. YOU hate- you do not speak for the community. Sorry but this is a bugbear for me- no one here speaks for everyone else, and should bear that in mind.

No, the COMMUNITY hates.

If you don't think the community is upset about primals, you need to take a look around. The backlash was so bad Blizzard is actually taking another look at primals to change them from their current state.

That's only because of the PTR feed back, they're still happening. It's always the same, the most unhappy is the most vocal. This is no different.
02/04/2017 11:29 PMPosted by Dempsey
02/04/2017 04:19 PMPosted by BobWitchDR

No, the COMMUNITY hates.

If you don't think the community is upset about primals, you need to take a look around. The backlash was so bad Blizzard is actually taking another look at primals to change them from their current state.

That's only because of the PTR feed back, they're still happening. It's always the same, the most unhappy is the most vocal. This is no different.

Yup, and there are a lot of unhappy people being very vocal right now. Vocal here, on reddit, on youtube, on fansite forums. Pretty much anywhere they can be.
Your clan seems to be full of dumb people. Primals arent even in the game and under consideration of being changed. So why leave.
You know this reminds me of some people saying they would leave the usa after the election. :)
02/04/2017 03:22 PMPosted by Demonmonger
02/04/2017 03:15 PMPosted by Baine

THIS IS exactly what I am saying..why not balance more builds and gear sets instead of having 1-2 top builds for months or years...make stuff better...adding primals brings nothing new at all just power creep to current stuff.

There is a pretty clear timeline where something happened within blizz and D3 content just stopped.

It is likely they pulled everyone to the side and had major internal discussions.

All of a sudden, 6 months later, communication is becoming a massive part of the game, and they are beginning to get more creative. Armory, Crafting tab, a new class, and now primals (which are NOT just stat increases as mentioned in a blue post), and it becomes clear that we as a community are now in a better spot because of this to begin with.

SO, thank you to whomever decided to switch directions, it is much appreciated, and I cannot wait to see the end results of this work!!!!

The necromancer is not a 'new class'.
You can play it already. It's in a game called 'Diablo 2'.
02/05/2017 02:36 AMPosted by Cofu

The necromancer is not a 'new class'.
You can play it already. It's in a game called 'Diablo 2'.

Thank you for your wonderful and snide remarks. It's contribution will be chronicled in herpderp academics on how to add nothing useful to a conversation.

<span class="truncated">...</span>

THIS IS exactly what I am saying..why not balance more builds and gear sets instead of having 1-2 top builds for months or years...make stuff better...adding primals brings nothing new at all just power creep to current stuff.

There is a pretty clear timeline where something happened within blizz and D3 content just stopped.

It is likely they pulled everyone to the side and had major internal discussions.

All of a sudden, 6 months later, communication is becoming a massive part of the game, and they are beginning to get more creative. Armory, Crafting tab, a new class, and now primals (which are NOT just stat increases as mentioned in a blue post), and it becomes clear that we as a community are now in a better spot because of this to begin with.

SO, thank you to whomever decided to switch directions, it is much appreciated, and I cannot wait to see the end results of this work!!!!

Baine - They are most certainly working on various balance changes if you pay attention. Stop exaggerating like Primal Ancients is all they've been doing when it's clearly not.

Most classes have a good amount of diversity this season for options ranging from Greater Rift Ladders to just good ol speedfarming. So let's dispense with the myth that there are so few options for classes or that Blizzard isn't working on diversity when the reason we have the better diversity we have now....is because they've been working on it!

There's been a major shift in D3s development and the team has been stripped down to a skeleton crew. They're just trickling in things to keep us occupied in D3 for awhile while they work on a new Diablo game. So having high expecations for large amounts of new content or complete reworks of things like skills and sets is just going to lead to disappointment. This is it for D3. So shift the discussion on making the best of what we have instead of arguing over things that are never going to happen (ex: offline mode, pvp, trading, removal of sets, etc)
02/04/2017 01:11 PMPosted by Baine
They are closing clan and dropping game after primals release.
You know why I don't believe this? Because if it was such a big deal, they would have already quit knowing that primals are coming instead of having one of their lackeys post on the forums to cry about it.
Let me get this straight, 380 ppl are so mad about a 1% chance of an item that is slightly better when you will get more stats just by grinding more paragons and Calds unless you are the few players that already have 115+ calds and 4k + paragons and we all know you 380 players dont.

b.c of this limited stat increase that most likely 1/2 of you will only have a few pieces. your so worried it will break the game all 380 of you are leaving behind 100's of hours of gameplay, friends, a community, your geared players and the game...

Ok... sounds like you need to vent and this is the wrong way to do that.

*Spelling/grammar sorry english isn't my strong suit.
Exactly what most of my D3 friends did before RoS LOL
They left, and I have never see them in game again.
02/04/2017 04:35 PMPosted by nand
02/04/2017 01:51 PMPosted by VPenguin
we gave up our items when RoS and level 70 came out, and farmed again.
We gave up out items with ancients, and farmed again.
Worse than that, we got a damn god item, augmented, and then found something a bit better (say you havent had that!)

Primals are just another step up. for me, I cant understand why people are happy to accept bump A but not bump B- both are a boost, its just a case of whether you are lucky enough to get the good stuff to begin with (me, usually, not lol).

You're ignoring the issue. I'm an exclusive seasonal player, I know what it's like to lose your items every few months. I usually let the mail eat my items. I really don't care about them, because I'll start over in the next season anyway.

But here's the thing:

Before ancients, it took ~50 hours to gear a single spec
After ancients, it takes about ~500 hours
After primals, it will take about ~5000 hours

50 hours was very manageable and well within the point where grind turns to frustration and tedium; and the most fun I've ever had in Diablo. I could experiment with multiple builds within a season, I could reroll to a different class within a season; I could feel like I've reached my goal for a season and then stop and wait for the next one.

500 hours (i.e. introduction of ancients) is when the game took its first big negative hit for me. I can no longer complete even a single spec before the point where frustration kicks in. I want to try out multiple classes/builds, but I no longer find myself having the motivation to bother gearing them, because it will take another 500 hours of solid grinding before I can begin competing again. Some of my friends starting botting because of this, even though they were not botters before - simply because 500 hours of solid grinding per spec per class was more than any reasonable player enjoys investing.

And now, come primals, and the 500 hours are increased to 5000 hours. I don't even know how you expect me to grind out 5000 hours within a single season. That requires some serious warping of the space time continuum. So the only option for me is to just not do it. I'll be waiting for some guaranteed-method-to-get-primals is introduced before I even consider playing seasons again. (I'll probably continue in non-season for occasional kicks, even though I have no hope of actually competing on the non-seasonal leaderboards...)

If anything, the only positive thing about primals that I can say is that it removes any semblance of competition for me one way or the other, so I won't have to worry about the opportunity cost of trying out different classes/specs anymore, since I won't ever accomplish my goals one way or the other. So, if that's what Blizzard wanted, mission accomplished?

I especially like the "some of my friends started botting" part. More like you started botting. 968 ns 1295 in around a month.