Clan leaving due to primals

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
its not like they are rolling primals mid season, so I don't see the whole argument of needing to reroll / refind everything
02/04/2017 03:15 PMPosted by Baine
02/04/2017 02:56 PMPosted by Urazz
I think the big thing is that people would rather have actual content to go through instead of blizzard just pushing the grind and power creep even more.

THIS IS exactly what I am saying..why not balance more builds and gear sets instead of having 1-2 top builds for months or years...make stuff better...adding primals brings nothing new at all just power creep to current stuff.

you cry for balance, but you're ready to quit over primals. hate to tell you, this is the most balanced the game has been. there is always going to be a best build. look at d2. i'm going to use the paladin as my example; if you wanted to do chaos/baal runs, you used a hammerdin, if you wanted to do ubers or dclone, you used a smitedin, not saying nothing else could be used, but they were the best go-to characters for those tasks. just like in d3. some are better bounty speed runners, some are better grift pushers, some are just more fun. get over it bud, this is the game. adapt or leave.
Clan leader can close clan. Some random member will reboot it. There's many other clans who will be sticking around..

I don't see how this affects a non-season clan at all.. NS players have the biggest collections from grinding over time.. I'd more so expect a season only clan to rage quit.
02/05/2017 02:36 AMPosted by Cofu

The necromancer is not a 'new class'.
You can play it already. It's in a game called 'Diablo 2'.

Thank you for your wonderful and snide remarks. It's contribution will be chronicled in herpderp academics on how to add nothing useful to a conversation.

There is a pretty clear timeline where something happened within blizz and D3 content just stopped.

It is likely they pulled everyone to the side and had major internal discussions.

All of a sudden, 6 months later, communication is becoming a massive part of the game, and they are beginning to get more creative. Armory, Crafting tab, a new class, and now primals (which are NOT just stat increases as mentioned in a blue post), and it becomes clear that we as a community are now in a better spot because of this to begin with.

SO, thank you to whomever decided to switch directions, it is much appreciated, and I cannot wait to see the end results of this work!!!!

Baine - They are most certainly working on various balance changes if you pay attention. Stop exaggerating like Primal Ancients is all they've been doing when it's clearly not.

Most classes have a good amount of diversity this season for options ranging from Greater Rift Ladders to just good ol speedfarming. So let's dispense with the myth that there are so few options for classes or that Blizzard isn't working on diversity when the reason we have the better diversity we have now....is because they've been working on it!

There's been a major shift in D3s development and the team has been stripped down to a skeleton crew. They're just trickling in things to keep us occupied in D3 for awhile while they work on a new Diablo game. So having high expecations for large amounts of new content or complete reworks of things like skills and sets is just going to lead to disappointment. This is it for D3. So shift the discussion on making the best of what we have instead of arguing over things that are never going to happen (ex: offline mode, pvp, trading, removal of sets, etc)

LOL! I had to upvote your response. Twas quite funny, sorry for being a smart !@#$.

In all seriousness though, I'm not a fan of primals. I think they're lazy. Stat increases on old items and LOL MOAR DPS aren't my cup of tea. Introduce actual NEW loot.
really? sad.

U need more pizzas.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

1) Necromancer is paid DLC and not free.

2) Do you think that every time that Microsoft sends out a patch for its OS or Office this is free content or did they already calculate those "support" costs in how much they sell the software for?

1) That would not be a steady revenue stream. There is no revenue stream now at all or any monetization outside of selling copies of D3 and ROS. Auction house was a steady revenue stream.

2) Are you kidding me? Are really trying to compare windows and D3? Please try harder.

I did not like loosing my sunk cost with level 70 items, ancients, and I definitely don't like primals either. However, this is _HOW_ D3 has been developed time and time again. This is par for the course.

Accept, adapt, and move on.

1) You should look up the definition of cash flow.

Cash flow =/= steady revenue stream. You said the Necromancer DLC does not contribute to Blizzard's cash flow in the post that I responded to. Since the DLC is sold by Blizzard, you are wrong.

2) You can change my analogy to any non-subscription software/video game. I have trouble thinking of any software/game company that does not patch their product. Also, the CFO of Blizzard even referred to RoS as a high margin game. Guess what that means. It means that we paid far more than what it costs to develop and maintain. Or are you saying that the Blizzard CF0 is an incompetent liar who does not understand the business.
saying you dont want primal is absurd. you dont want to be powerful?

oh wait, you dont want the addition x10 hours of more grinding. now that is valid reason.

suck they chose this method of enticing us to play.
02/04/2017 01:58 PMPosted by TyrielFool
IT'S A GAME. It's not a job.
hahaha I been saying this for years on other games I play because really........................... "It's only a game"
02/04/2017 11:40 PMPosted by BobWitchDR
02/04/2017 11:29 PMPosted by Dempsey

That's only because of the PTR feed back, they're still happening. It's always the same, the most unhappy is the most vocal. This is no different.

Yup, and there are a lot of unhappy people being very vocal right now. Vocal here, on reddit, on youtube, on fansite forums. Pretty much anywhere they can be.

Lets get this to a point we can quantify. Out of all the D3 players, the number looking at this forum, reddit or whatever is fairly small. Just looking at the names and posts, I think we can agree on that (if not, none of us has any stance at all). Most players (those who forum as well as those who don't) dont actually care one way or another. If they did there would be a lot more threads and a lot more posts on it.

My objection to people saying "the community wants" is that often, it isnt. It may be that a few vocal posters are pushing it, but the don't carers and the don't knows outnumber then hugely. this is evident from the lack of people on the forum.

You dont have the right to speak for all just because you shout loudly.
Who cares about Non Season.
02/05/2017 01:45 PMPosted by VPenguin
My objection to people saying "the community wants" is that often, it isnt. It may be that a few vocal posters are pushing it, but the don't carers and the don't knows outnumber then hugely. this is evident from the lack of people on the forum.

Which makes me wonder why in 15 years of gaming I have not come across a single video game developer that ever used something as simple as an opinion poll to gauge questions like these.
Diablo 3 competition is all about who quits last.

Sure we do. We're the ones bothering to speak at all.

Why should those that don't know or don't care have their opinions considered if they're not willing to take the time to share it? You can play this whole minority vs majority debate as much as you want. It's irrelevant. Blizzard can only respond to the feedback they receive. If the majority never provides feedback, Blizzard can never act on it.
02/04/2017 01:11 PMPosted by Baine
I am in a NS clan of about 380 active members. They are closing clan and dropping game after primals release. They have worked a lot of hours on augments and rolls to have to replace them again. I know all the opinions of good or who cares, they dont have to replace them and so on...but are primals really needed...couldnt blizz just balance current skills, items, and sets for more diversity and let us farm for more builds....they ruined WoW with a horrible power creep too.

Oh well have fun playing something else
02/05/2017 03:12 PMPosted by Shadow
Who cares about Non Season.

People with jobs? Opinions? Insert infinite amount of other reasons.

Please return to the basement and don't speak until your parents kick you out.
02/05/2017 04:00 AMPosted by PNPT
Exactly what most of my D3 friends did before RoS LOL
They left, and I have never see them in game again.
So your d3 friends was happy at playing auction house game instead of diablo game? i don't get them
02/06/2017 04:47 AMPosted by BobWitchDR

Sure we do. We're the ones bothering to speak at all.

Why should those that don't know or don't care have their opinions considered if they're not willing to take the time to share it? You can play this whole minority vs majority debate as much as you want. It's irrelevant. Blizzard can only respond to the feedback they receive. If the majority never provides feedback, Blizzard can never act on it.

So the vocal minority get their way. yay for you. Now you have ticked off the majority and there is a massive drop in players and nothing is said. Does blizzard leave it as it is or put it back to get players back.
How many customers is Blizzard willing to lose, for the entitled few
02/06/2017 06:52 AMPosted by Steve
Now you have ticked off the majority and there is a massive drop in players and nothing is said.

And this majority is incapable of voicing its opinion why?

Say 1% of players are active on the forums:
1. Blizzard anounces a change that 90% of players want
2. The 0.1% that disagree with this change and are vocal start complaining, but the 1% of the 90% = 0.9% overall reply to these threads in support of that thing

And even if Blizzard says “okay, we've decided to cancel primal items and not introduce them after all”, these are changes that are still on the PTR. If 90% of the community truly wants primals, then the outrage when primals are canceled would be 10x bigger than the outrage when they were announced, and still within the PTR, no? And I'll bet you money, that outrage will be basically nonexistant.

Your “majority would just quit instead of complaining” assumption is just bullsh*t. Players will always complain before quitting, even if it's just 1%. This thread is evidence. Your argument would work just as well (or poorly) in the opposite direction. Why are people here complaining about primals instead of just quitting, as you say? The answer is obvious: We would prefer a better Diablo to a dead Diablo, and the same is true for the majority of the community. “It's just a vocal minority, so let's summarily ignore ALL of their concerns” is a stupid tactic employed by developers stuck so high up their ego horses that they can't even comprehend the possibility of their ideas being insanity.

No, it's not just a vocal minority that's causing the first 5 pages of general discussion to be 90% threads complaining about primals. This is quite possibly the biggest outrage I've ever seen in 9 seasons of Diablo. There are more threads currently complaining about primals than I've seen threads complaining about ancients, bonus acts and trials combined.

Your argument makes no sense whatsoever and is downplaying the issue by stupefying amounts.
It's a loot finding game, and you're mad that there will be additional loot to find.

I'm not saying it's not lazy, it's not what you wanted, it's not perfect. I get it. I hope they come up with even better things. But "My 380 people are leaving cuz there's now we have loot to find in a loot finding game" is prettying f dumb. If you really are, which I doubt, then leaving over primals is a stupid reason to leave.
I can't understand why people are mad to be able to make their character even stronger with even more rare item ?

Isn't the entire goal of the game to be so !@#$ing strong to see everything explode into blood and bone along the road ? Oo