Please do something for PvP

Brawling
I played D2 for 8ish years off and on, what kept me willing to login every 90 days to keep my account alive was PvP. Running Baals/Chaos for items was not the long term entertainment. Trade was another aspect that kept me around but I can't say I miss spamming channels or going into games saying "WUG WUG WUG?" or posting on forums.

When this game was announced it displayed an arena type mode. When the game was released it was clear that PvP was not going to be viable. When RoS was announced it was understood that the expansion in combination with the AH closing was solely in an effort to fix the abysmally boring PvE/Base game.

RoS succeeded in that respect. With the closing cut scene in RoS another Diablo expansion is hinted. I find myself returning every 2 seasons or so to play..some people play constantly to top the leader board every season. PvE has been entertained.

I post this hoping a dev or intern or someone sees it and passes it along..we could really use a PvP revamp. With the way the game and items are set up it is going to require a "PvP penalty" to stats/percents/skills to be viable and not a one shot fest as brawling currently is. Perhaps even a totally different type of gear as well, a new stat related solely to PvP or something.

The point I am making is that PvE has had a constant flow of development while PvP was given a really poor "arena" with absolutely zero care taken into the idea and was pushed just in hopes of shutting people up about no PvP. Every season new items are introduced, adjustments are made and soon we will be getting the Necro class..I sincerely hope the Diablo team considers doing something MAJOR for PvP..it would bring a big breath of life to the game for those people like me who simply see no long term goal in constantly moving up in GRifts and nothing more.

RoS makes me feel like I am playing my class finally. PvE progression feels good but beating up on high tier monsters doesn't bring the same joy as beating up players. This would be no easy task and I am not expecting perfect balance but at the moment its just simply dumb, lackluster, lazy and disappointing much like the vanilla game's PvE, would be nice if you guys set out to fix this and make PvP an entertaining aspect of the game finally.
Rot, it's funny that you're still posting this kind of derelict garbage all up and down the forums, the same as you were back in 2015. And just like then, you still don't offer any real suggestions on how this can be accomplished. All you do is spam and troll for "real pvp xoxox" with no real specifics except you want it to work betterzzz an stuffz.

Listen, they've done everything they can with pvp. It just doesn't work. You've been told this over and over in countless threads. Approximately 27 to date. I would highly suggest you make #28 a learning experience.

let me make a real suggestion. If you want PVP that is balanced in some fashion differently than here in D3, go play Path of Exile. Quit trolling the D3 crowd. Path of Exile has everything you want in PvP, and more.
I made a post regarding why PVP doesn't work and likely won't ever be fixed just this morning:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753276320#post-2

TL;DR of that post: D3 developers are focusing on new content (e.g. Necromancer) and future Diablo projects (e.g. D4). The only thing we have to work with is "Brawling" and it won't be fun unless there are a large number of self-imposed restrictions (which change every patch).
02/07/2017 04:59 AMPosted by Relapse
Rot, it's funny that you're still posting this kind of derelict garbage all up and down the forums, the same as you were back in 2015. And just like then, you still don't offer any real suggestions on how this can be accomplished. All you do is spam and troll for "real pvp xoxox" with no real specifics except you want it to work betterzzz an stuffz.

Listen, they've done everything they can with pvp. It just doesn't work. You've been told this over and over in countless threads. Approximately 27 to date. I would highly suggest you make #28 a learning experience.

let me make a real suggestion. If you want PVP that is balanced in some fashion differently than here in D3, go play Path of Exile. Quit trolling the D3 crowd. Path of Exile has everything you want in PvP, and more.

Actually, isn't it their job to make a balanced game? It's what we paid them money for anyways. We can give opinions, advice, and hope for things, but ultimately the devs are employed and paid for.

PvP was promised since vanilla Diablo 3 release, with videos of arenas and different battle modes. It's what people paid for and expected. It's what players who purchased the game expecting pvp paid for. The OP can express his views however he likes without you trashtalking him and trolling.

If you google "Dissapointment" and "Diablo 3" you'll encounter dozens of online articles from 2012 talking about how Diablo 3 was the most anticipated game - and yet, why was it so dissapointing? Many players bought the game expecting a pvp aspect that was never delivered.

Now we have a dead game that only sees life maybe during the first month of a new season, and nothing more.
PvP in most RPGs I've played, always ends up influencing PvE. And most nerfing is due to PvP balancing, and unavoidably goes and degrades PvE experience.
I am ever so glad, that Diablo 3 has irrelevant and separated PvP. I always despised the "PKers" in Diablo 2, made me insta-quit countless games!
PvP in D3 needs to be revamped and no it is not as hard as some of you think, it would not be all that difficult to make 1v1, 2v2, 3v3,4v4, or 5v5 team fights
02/07/2017 06:27 AMPosted by Iria
I made a post regarding why PVP doesn't work and likely won't ever be fixed just this morning:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753276320#post-2

TL;DR of that post: D3 developers are focusing on new content (e.g. Necromancer) and future Diablo projects (e.g. D4). The only thing we have to work with is "Brawling" and it won't be fun unless there are a large number of self-imposed restrictions (which change every patch).

Good post there. However, to be fair if they wanted to do something about PvP it would be rather easy. WoW for quite a while now has seperated skill mechanics in PvP and PvE.

If Blizzard wanted they could easily make it so when in PvP Arena:
*Disable Paragon
*Reduce damage by XXX amount, for example in WoW the most powerful skills deal x10 damage in PvE but damage is capped in PvP
*Disable Immunities in PvP
*Set a cap on Max Damage Reduction.
*Set caps on Utility skills in PvP, for example the Necromancer cursers, etc. etc.

Honestly, to make it viable and fun it wouldn't be all that much effort as most classes have abilities that can be put into categories and the caps can be universal.

They can easily introduce some forms of battlegrounds after that. Devilian BG's, while a terrible game, weren't all that awful as a concept.

PS: They can also standartize gear in PvP very friggin easy too. In WoW they basically made it so the gear scales to a certain level and then upgrades of the gear are really minor reflection to results in PvP. It is basically a point at which once you have some okey gear (1 day worth of grinding) you are more or less on the same level playing field. Certainly not broken.

There are a lot of options which in my opinion wouldn't be too hard to implement.

I suppose Blizzard looks at it from the prespective of working hours needed to be invested to get this working. I fail to see how it will be a redicilously long hours needed for coding but hey I am not blizzard. Plus is it really worth the investment in 2017 with D4 in development?
Yeah, PvP would be nice to see.
We can start a campaign to petition for PVP arena to be added to the game?
But in the meantime can we get a Brawling league with rules started?

I was thinking:
Max level characters no Paragon Points.
Yellow items only.
Best of 7 rounds
Losers can makes subs after each round

We could even have challenges like everyone gets four hours to grind through rifts and can battle only with the gear they found.
The PvP they promised was one of the main reasons I got this game(Along with loving D1 and D2).

Then, they made D3 nothing like D2 and then didn't even deliver on the PvP.

Furthermore, they waited like six or seven months after the release of the game to say that they were going to not provide the PvP which means no chance for a refund.
This is the PvP we were Promised

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZrGE3VLiSk

Shame it got scrapped, would have been fun.