Hardcore Revival System.

Hardcore
How about this: Softcore gets a proper death penalty based on experience loss and hardcapped paragon "in-season". Oppose to this; Hardcore players don't suffer any experience loss over their non-capped paragon experience when they die and lose their character.
There could be a way to by-pass that experience loss for Softcore, like having a Pool of Reflection buff before death, or getting resurrected by another party member to promote group play.
And perhaps... Seasonal rebirth for dead HC character keeps the current lvl but don't unlock seasonal achievements?

I'll get downvoted but whatever...
02/19/2017 07:04 PMPosted by naksiloth
How about this: Softcore gets a proper death penalty based on experience loss and hardcapped paragon "in-season". Oppose to this; Hardcore players don't suffer any experience loss over their non-capped paragon experience when they die and lose their character.
There could be a way to by-pass that experience loss for Softcore, like having a Pool of Reflection buff before death, or getting resurrected by another party member to promote group play.
And perhaps... Seasonal rebirth for dead HC character keeps the current lvl but don't unlock seasonal achievements?

The only way people from HC would find SC appealing is that, on death, you would lose the rift/ GR. Dying 5 times and be "rank 1" simply doesn't fit.

As for rebirth, I made a post for having 2 revivals for everyone in season. I think it will keep HC players overall more into the game. Technical issues are the biggest problem in HC. Since we cannot fix those, maybe we can add a workaround.
02/19/2017 06:39 PMPosted by WanWhiteWolf
You bought this game at launch and only managed to get a little over 8k EKs? Regardless of how long you say you have played you agreed to the disclaimer when you created your character, when you die you die.

DCs are what we deal with and I have had my fair share but the system is fine the way it is. With shared paragon and easy to aquire gear hardcore is not what it used to be. If you have a bad connection there is no shame in playing SC. Both modes offer a great experience.

Not really.

For a dedicated HC player, SC is just a waste of time. The fact that there is no penalty to death makes the "challenge" non existent.

Yeah...really....my statement is not from my point of view as I won't play softcore but from the thousands of people that do play softcore. They enjoy the game just as much as we do.

OP is not a dedicated HC player so your statement doesn't apply to him.
it wouldn't be hardcore anymore if you allow rebirths.

it is called hardcore for a reason. it sucks and pisses everyone off when they die, but that is also what makes it more exciting
02/19/2017 09:55 AMPosted by Jazz
The problem with implementing some kind protection like this is that it could be abused by players. If you get in trouble you could pull the power plug, pull the ethernet cable or turn off the router and simulate a connection error.

Don't play hardcore myself.

Oh man that happens so often in the Dark Souls community... Especially when invading players.
,dead hc chars should have more options in addition
to "archive" and "delete", adding "respawn in sc".
it should be an option and a choice, no one would be forced
to choose "respawn" over "archive" or "delete".
it also has zero effect on hc seeing dead chars are removed from existing hc either way.
Thanks mods for bringing this gem to our forum!
02/19/2017 09:47 AMPosted by Kaleidoscope
If you die, that's it. That's the point of hardcore, and I get that.

02/19/2017 09:47 AMPosted by Kaleidoscope
My first thought was to go to support, in order to see if I could get my character revived.

Clearly you don't get it. When you created your character there was a popup window which said in part "Customer service will not revive a fallen hardcore hero for any reason."
You clicked "Accept" to that message when you created your character. There's no negotiating after the fact.

You are not cut out for HC. I don't understand these snowflake kids who were brought up on participation trophies believe that there should be a special exception just for them whenever they cry loud enough.

HC today in D3 is significantly easier than it was in the past. Your paragon points are shared among all characters. When you die you do not lose paragon points. Power leveling takes less than 10 minutes. You lose 13 items, maybe a potion, and some gems. That's it.

If you would like to dumb the game down even more then please at least remove "hardcore" and "HC" from the discussion so as not to dilute the meaning of those words anymore.
There is no shame in going to softcore and finding a new clan or having some of those people move over with you. I moved over to softcore after season 5 as I lost my first character during that season and didn't trust my connection or computer until now. The disconnect mechanic is dumb, but Blizzard does not feel it is an issue, so there is no point in playing hardcore if you can't handle losing a character due to disconnect.
02/19/2017 07:04 PMPosted by naksiloth

There is absolutely nothing you could do to SC to make a HC player want to go play it. They are the exact same game with two completely different experiences. I don't care if SC got all of the sets ancient for free at the start of each season, I'm still not playing it. I don't care or ever look at SC leaderboards. This conversation is always a complete waste of time.
It's totally unfair.
However it's quite clear for any HC player that many deaths are from DC. Some DC are Blizzard fault (some are your network). And whether you are innocent or powerless no revive will happen.
It sucks but it's a known fact.
It happen to me and I stopped played HC for a while. This is all one can do.

Begging for a revive won't don any good mate. Adding one more request for Blizzard bug fix on their network stack might be a little more successful. Who knows?!
02/20/2017 06:23 PMPosted by Lloyd
It's totally unfair.
However it's quite clear for any HC player that many deaths are from DC. Some DC are Blizzard fault (some are your network). And whether you are innocent or powerless no revive will happen.
It sucks but it's a known fact.
It happen to me and I stopped played HC for a while. This is all one can do.

Begging for a revive won't don any good mate. Adding one more request for Blizzard bug fix on their network stack might be a little more successful. Who knows?!

It'd suck a lot more if they did offer revives. Would pretty much be a slap in the face to everyone on HC that didn't die if they revived someone that did.
02/19/2017 06:46 PMPosted by MissCheetah
The problem with implementing some kind protection like this is that it could be abused by players. If you get in trouble you could pull the power plug, pull the ethernet cable or turn off the router and simulate a connection error.

I do play HC a little bit and have some friends who rock the HC Conquests each Season. That said, you are right on with your concerns. They have tried it before and sadly it gets abused. Just like the rollback feature was abused. People faked a compromise to get HC chars back. Just like they exploited the item trading to get replacement items. That is why Rollback made things BoA (even before RoS) and HC are never revived.

The only exception is if a massive bug hits HC and Blizz can see proof of it. They have restored characters under those circumstances before. I think the one incident I remember had to do with logging in with no gear and players did not expect it at all so died fast. They did their best to fix that.

I would like to play hc with you
02/21/2017 04:21 AMPosted by TianZi
everyone on HC that didn't die

Quit playing?...
02/19/2017 06:46 PMPosted by MissCheetah

I do play HC a little bit and have some friends who rock the HC Conquests each Season. That said, you are right on with your concerns. They have tried it before and sadly it gets abused. Just like the rollback feature was abused. People faked a compromise to get HC chars back. Just like they exploited the item trading to get replacement items. That is why Rollback made things BoA (even before RoS) and HC are never revived.

The only exception is if a massive bug hits HC and Blizz can see proof of it. They have restored characters under those circumstances before. I think the one incident I remember had to do with logging in with no gear and players did not expect it at all so died fast. They did their best to fix that.

I love Ms. Cheetah. thanks for stopping in the HC forums :D

@ OP - the system isn't ideal but it is what we have. For HC to be HC we can't have a system that can be easily gamed. None of us HC old timers mind dying to a battle...we hate lag spikes or freezes that take our characters but that's life. I don't want the ability to bail on an epic battle to save my character. That is what he is there for...I would rather have the busted, imperfect system we have than one that makes HC = SC
02/21/2017 09:42 AMPosted by marmoset
Ms. Cheetah. thanks for stopping in the HC forums :D

Don't think she did. Some Mod decided to bury this gem in the HC forums. RIP.
02/19/2017 10:38 AMPosted by EmmetOtter
I actually lost a really well geared dh last night to a dc.

I swore. Turned the game off and went to bed. Got up and rerolled another DH.

Not my first DC death, nor my second or third. Won't be my last.

That's how it goes. Either accept it or move on.

Demon Hunters die every day :)
It depends what your into but the idea of resets would kill HC for me. I have played this game on and off for years but never as much as I have this season or when I switched to HC. Yea... it was cool gearing out a character on SC but once I could do end content it was just not appealing for me to push anything. The leader boards were/are full of botters and players who have put in a ton of time in and have died multiple times. So I quit the game since it felt like there was no reason to progress. I finally started playing HC only because friends wanted to do it. At first I hated the idea but it grew on me quick. I learned a lot more about the game than I ever had playing SC and found a new love for the game. I can't imagine going back at this point to SC. I would rather they add GR progression is done in a rift if your character died. That could get me back to playing a season of SC just to see how high of a rift I could do without fear of losing my gear. But adding revivals to HC would just ruin HC for me.

I hit a point this season of having multiple characters strong enough to farm T13 (one in particular) without fear of death. If my character dies on anything lower than say GR 70 it would be due to lag. Since I have reached this point I would be open to a SC season where GR progression halted if you died during the run only because I know I can reach a point of having a character not die and be able to farm the highest difficulty without threat of death. The journey has been great but now that I am at this point its back to same feeling as SC for me until I start playing a new character or a new season starts.
How is this thread still going. It's a bad idea. No one wants HC to have revives. That's what SC is. Go play SC if you want revives. If you want to play SC and delete your own character after X deaths you have that ability. There is no need to ruin HC in order to achieve what the OP is requesting. You have the ability to do that.

This thread needs to be HC and die.
I am only recently getting back into HC, but I forgot how much fun it was! The thought of losing all the inventory your character has on it when he/she dies makes the game a lot more fun...at least for me.

If there was some system that would allow you to roll back, I would not play HC. That, in my opinion, kinda ruins the thrill. Even if I would never use such system, know that it is there is what would be my issue.

In my own stupid way, I think of HC like real life. If I do everything perfect, something can still happen and it's over in a flash. Even though this is a game, I think of HC the same way. Sometimes things are out of your control. If I didn't accept this, I wouldn't play HC.

Heck, I would be open to the idea of making it more strict. Have each HC character have its own tab and paragon. If they die, you lose everything. That would be torturous, but sign me up!