2.5 Why it won't bring people back

General Discussion
If your end goal is to have more people return to the game, then this not the way you do it.
QoL changes are great, don't get me wrong, but the lack of ANY new items to try or new builds to implement is perhaps the single biggest mistake made yet.

Seasons granting new transmogs is okay, but there isn't really anything new to try. No new builds. No new items to covet. No brass ring to obtain.

I get the enhancement to the item sets damage output, but those sets are still not going be as good as the end game ones. Yes it helps the casual person for that one character in the short term. But long run it is not the solution.
IMO the QoL changes are no where near enough to make Season 10 enticing.

For the first time in many seasons I am seriously considering not making the run to 70. I actually love starting over anew, but when anew means the same old same old it doesn't feel fresh. It feels rehashed.

I have seen the excuses of we have one person that works on the game and it's free so shut up, but have we really thrown away our expectations for this mediocre patch?
This is going to be my first season where i dont play at all. Last 3-5 seasons i always started, and played for a week to get fully geared with about half the gear ancient and about paragon 5-600.
But now theres no motivation or will to start lvling and play in d3. Maybe il try in a year or so again if theres been any significant changes to the game.
need a paragon cap on lvl 1000 in seasons and some new/changed legendarys, so we don't play the same stuff again and again.
We just need more to do period. Grinding rifts gets old no matter how you slice it.
The turn over rate in games is high for ANY game. It doesn't matter whether people come back or not because there will always be new people to replace them, including you lot. Accept and move on or stay and play another season. No one will care either way. Truth hurts but I'm sure you'll heal.
03/22/2017 01:18 PMPosted by Tasida
The turn over rate in games is high for ANY game. It doesn't matter whether people come back or not because there will always be new people to replace them, including you lot. Accept and move on or stay and play another season. No one will care either way. Truth hurts but I'm sure you'll heal.
so, essentially you're saying: There's a Sucker born every minute.
Just stating the simple truth like it or not (as if it matters). No 1 cares if anyone stays or goes in ANY game. So complaining, b***ching, crying, threatening to leave (as if they ever do) will make 0 difference in D3 or whatever poison you choose. Deal and move on. There's always someone to fill the empty spot ;) I've left and returned many times since launch and will continue to do so. And unlike many I don't haunt the forums when I quit the game lol, I actually leave it totally and come back later.
03/22/2017 09:11 AMPosted by Dark
For the first time in many seasons I am seriously considering not making the run to 70. I actually love starting over anew, but when anew means the same old same old it doesn't feel fresh. It feels rehashed.

Try softcore for a change. It's more fun and relaxing.
The changes to the way we can go about doing bounties was enough reason for me to come back. I cannot tell ya'll how many times I gave up because the stuff I needed was hidden behind more than one bounty which I have an excess of. Now that we can spot farm if I need the Act crafting materials I can just nuke that Act to death until I am satisfied.

I could care less about most of everything else though. The last season I participated in was Season 2 and as for Primals I cannot see getting worked up over another piece of RNG sprinkled on top of the giant RNG salad that we are forced to eat as is.
03/22/2017 01:59 PMPosted by Tasida
Just stating the simple truth like it or not (as if it matters). No 1 cares if anyone stays or goes in ANY game. So complaining, b***ching, crying, threatening to leave (as if they ever do) will make 0 difference in D3 or whatever poison you choose. Deal and move on. There's always someone to fill the empty spot ;) I've left and returned many times since launch and will continue to do so. And unlike many I don't haunt the forums when I quit the game lol, I actually leave it totally and come back later.

1) Be as rude as possible
2) Disguise it as 'just being honest'
3) PROFIT!
03/22/2017 03:39 PMPosted by Zepp

1) Be as rude as possible
2) Disguise it as 'just being honest'
3) PROFIT!

Shrugs...potato/potatoe :)
03/22/2017 09:53 AMPosted by Esm
This is going to be my first season where i dont play at all. Last 3-5 seasons i always started, and played for a week to get fully geared with about half the gear ancient and about paragon 5-600.
But now theres no motivation or will to start lvling and play in d3. Maybe il try in a year or so again if theres been any significant changes to the game.

Same here. After getting all the stash tabs and no more to obtain what is the point of Seasons? I am not competitive with this game and do not care at all if I am top whatever on the leaderboards. S10 has a nice portrait frame but that is about it really and I am bored and not motivated for the grind. The Armory is a nice addition and all but that is already available just by owning RoS. If they made the Armory something to obtain for Seasons 10 I will participate but thank goodness that is not so. Now I can bathe and change my underwear everyday. YAY!
03/22/2017 12:38 PMPosted by evok
We just need more to do period. Grinding rifts gets old no matter how you slice it.
That's pretty much the entire end game.
2.5 is not going to bring that many people back nor probably any other version because I can say as much I enjoy D3 (my first ARPG) I feel that this game has hit a wall.

I really wish the Blizz team can find a way to make money with the Diablo franchise and bring out new content because we really need a second expansion.

Agreed, don't really get how ppl continue to demand more content from a game released years ago. I've been playing off and on since release and when I get bored I play another game.

Any other game you'd play it then move on. Why not do the same for d3? Do people play witcher over and over again for years and then complian about new content?? Or any other game? Seems so silly lol.
Kulle story .. it brought me and like 9 of my friends back

But we took 2 seasons off heh
03/22/2017 02:29 PMPosted by Jazz
03/22/2017 09:11 AMPosted by Dark

Try softcore for a change. It's more fun and relaxing.

Honestly I might have to do that. Would be a nice change of pace perhaps. Thank you.
03/22/2017 06:01 PMPosted by hanscrolo
Any other game you'd play it then move on. Why not do the same for d3? Do people play witcher over and over again for years and then complian about new content?? Or any other game? Seems so silly lol.

I'd be ok without new content if they would balance what exists better and finish projects they started like giving all legendary items a special ability. I haven't seen new content in games like Baldur's Gate II or Skyrim and I still play those. But at least those games have a lot of diversity in character creation compared to Diablo 3.
Def not participating with 2.5. Wake me up when there are new items or places to explore.
03/23/2017 08:04 AMPosted by Zeddicuus
03/22/2017 06:01 PMPosted by hanscrolo

I'd be ok without new content if they would balance what exists better and finish projects they started like giving all legendary items a special ability. I haven't seen new content in games like Baldur's Gate II or Skyrim and I still play those. But at least those games have a lot of diversity in character creation compared to Diablo 3.

Those games are epics content wise compared to D3. Diablo just doesn't have that going for it. Does anyone even play normal (non-adventure) mode anymore?