Banwave right now?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
03/02/2017 11:33 PMPosted by Notrius
03/02/2017 08:44 PMPosted by D3excess
I would prob assume its from a map hack that shows all the elite packs on the map.If its mostly team players.

There will never be a banwave for using just that. Live with it.

Brings up a good question:

Is this the appropriate time for Blizzard to simply declare that TurboHUD is OK for us regular players to use?

Is anyone EVER banned for only adding this to the game?

respond Ms. Cheetah, I would appreciate your feedback. maybe.
03/03/2017 12:59 PMPosted by dogma420
Is this the appropriate time for Blizzard to simply declare that TurboHUD is OK for us regular players to use?

Blizzard will never give formal "permission" or "approval" for any third party program. Ever. It does not matter what kind of program it is. They set forth the rules and it is up to the player to determine if the program they want to use breaks the rules or not. Even the maker of tHUD admits it breaks the rules.

Why don't they approve third party programs? Because they do not make them and have no control over what that program can do. One day the program is within the rules, another week it is changed to do something that is ban worthy. Players say "well but you said it was ok last week!?" while trying to appeal a ban.

Blizzard simply stays out of it totally. The EULA and the Support articles cover the policy in fairly decent detail. That is the only official word you will get from them.

EULA http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/eula.html
First off, kudos to Blizzard for dedicating the resources to cleaning up our beloved game a bit. My lingering question is whether it would take much effort to have the "Hacks team" run a script to remove all the players from the leader boards who posted record clears with banned players. Having players left on the board after a teammate was banned simply doesn't make sense...trust me, the others knew something was off.

I can't wrap my mind around how it could make sense to leave players on the boards who posted a clear in that situation. Guilt by association would imbue a much needed sense of accountability and would encourage players to think twice before taking advantage of this broken ban system logic. Play clean or go play something else and let this great game remain great.
03/02/2017 06:53 PMPosted by Lynch
03/02/2017 06:41 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Yep, they are doing a ban wave. It takes time for the Hacks team to get the list together and double check it, but they do try to do this several times a season. *sips celebratory beverage* *Sets out extra for others to share*

Is it still unsafe to say sayonara or is goodbye the offensive term in this case?

LOL!!! +1 Dude. Right on.
There has been 103849050&37 ban waves - and yet the game has not been better.

Meanwhile, in bot infested PoE i am having a really great time playing because of quality content.
03/03/2017 01:12 PMPosted by heavyboots
First off, kudos to Blizzard for dedicating the resources to cleaning up our beloved game a bit. My lingering question is whether it would take much effort to have the "Hacks team" run a script to remove all the players from the leader boards who posted record clears with banned players. Having players left on the board after a teammate was banned simply doesn't make sense...trust me, the others knew something was off.

I can't wrap my mind around how it could make sense to leave players on the boards who posted a clear in that situation. Guilt by association would imbue a much needed sense of accountability and would encourage players to think twice before taking advantage of this broken ban system logic. Play clean or go play something else and let this great game remain great.

This was addressed last year although the outcome was not what many would like to hear. Blizzard, for now, is erring on the side of the players. It is possible for people to end up grouped with cheaters without knowing. Maybe the person runs a bot during the day while at work but is present for the evening runs. Hence the other players think they are legit because the bot is not running at the time they do Grifts.

They would rather not remove someone who did not cheat and who had no knowledge of it. Now, will some people abuse that? Of course. If enough are then Blizz may change the policy. There certainly are many suggestions that support leader board removal if one member of the team cheats.
03/02/2017 06:41 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Yep, they are doing a ban wave. It takes time for the Hacks team to get the list together and double check it, but they do try to do this several times a season. *sips celebratory beverage* *Sets out extra for others to share*

I am happy in all sincerity that Blizzard is banning on a semi regular basis. This game does not need to be full cheating players. How much easier does it need to be?
HAHAHA. I did grift 80 last night and didn't rank. Now I'm ranked 577. Nice.
03/03/2017 12:59 PMPosted by dogma420

In Quin69's interview with Wyatt during Blizzcon 2015, Wyatt implied what Thud provides is in fact cheating. I do not think that they would say its ok.
03/03/2017 03:28 PMPosted by Primate

What leaderboard if you do not mind me asking?
03/03/2017 03:37 PMPosted by MicroRNA
03/03/2017 03:28 PMPosted by Primate

What leaderboard if you do not mind me asking?
Season Demon Hunter Solo
And this grift 100, rank #1 is gone....lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWul2izxksw
03/03/2017 03:45 PMPosted by Primate

So Wood is gone from leaderboards? You checked in game leaderboards?
03/03/2017 04:07 PMPosted by jonydikov

I looked online. Are the in game ones different?
03/03/2017 04:08 PMPosted by Primate
03/03/2017 04:07 PMPosted by jonydikov
I looked online. Are the in game ones different?

In game is more accurate. The website takes time to update.
03/03/2017 04:16 PMPosted by MissCheetah
03/03/2017 04:08 PMPosted by Primate
...I looked online. Are the in game ones different?

Well, he was #1 at grift 98 for a couple weeks before that, and now the top grift is 94. So I assume he got banned.
03/03/2017 04:16 PMPosted by MissCheetah
It is updating chaotic. Some names appear fast, other slow, some disappear and appear again etc... Would be good if this is sorted out before the Challenge Rifts drop - I mean you probably don't want to ruin this feature at its very start.

Are you sure? He plays on EU not on US server.
03/03/2017 04:25 PMPosted by Hellacious

Are you sure? He plays on EU not on US server.
Oh LOL