What do you Wiz's think of 2.5 Nerf ?

Wizard
The 25% less proc is troubling to me... Tal's/Archon is a very specific build in evey meaning of the term..
Stack 4 elements,
Stack as many archon stack as possiable but 90/90 is really minimum,
Use just the tip of your beam
Find just the right maps and enemy types
Get CDR to 60%
and for 5 seconds you will do Billions of damage...

O.. and of course alot of pargon levels

and that's all IF... You get good procs off the ring?

And anyone that has played this build knows, there are times where WTF as been uttered over and over as nothing is getting damaged...

It's fun, it's different sorta... It's really more about timing than game play skill..
NOT to say it doesn't require skill, just saying that it's really more about getting your timing right and the skill is more staying alive while out of archon..

So i'm wondering what everyone thinks...
Is the 25% reduced proc window needed?
Or are we just being led to try out the hydra and DMO builds?
The ring is incredibly OP. I'm not surprised to see the nerf.
I would say the ring is OP...IF.... it hit most of the time...
Not sure if you read the post but it's a very small window and a very exact game play to get that crazy damage..

and paralysis is a 15% chance per hit as it is... SO it's a possible explosion of damage for a short duration and then if under the right circumstances your can continue to do damage..

And if not then it's a stay alive until you get another chance...

I think lowering the ring damage to 3000% and raising the proc of paralysis would give a more consistent game play and would be better over all...
Paralysis would be better without the strict cc limitation let a lone proc rate.
agreed..it would be more consistent, i'd be ok with that
It's fine. Most of the time it's procs are super overkill, aside from yellow elites and RG you really do not need a 1.5 second proc window, 1.125 is enough (that's still about 8 MH procs that can crit for a trillion+ each on double stack Swami).

And of course hydras are uneffected because they don't proc nearly as much as disintegrate wave did, not even close and they hit harder to compensate.

All good , this build is still absurdly powerful.
I think it registers way to low right now. 15% paralysis to register MH. The problem I see is when you start running high solo grifts, you can do literally everything right: survive, group the mobs, get into a good position, pop full stacked archon and not proc MH one time over 7 seconds, just to wait another however many seconds until your able to do archon again. It leaves the entire build to be a luck of the cycle and can cost you too much time and lose you the grift if it doesn't register one or two cycles. I would love this to be a more consistent % so skill can play a bigger part than luck when killing things.
LOWER THE PROC DAMAGE

NOT THE CHANCE TO PROC.

Explain if I'm wrong.....
They made it even more RNG, it has a low proc rate as it is. It's not going to be more than a farming spec for me next season, while I use FB for solo. It's bad enough now sometimes you sit there and nothing dies, then you get overkill damage, now they want that small window to occur even less? lol.
Yep, that's everything that I've been seeing... you get a "chance" for crazy damage...

That's like walking into a gun fight with 50 cal hand gun and 4 of the five rounds are duds... BUT IF you can survive long enough that 1 shot will really make a difference...

I think i've had about enough of D3 and it's BS.... Great game in alot of ways really polished, but the core is broken and it's very disheartening...

Funny, as i write this I'm installing D2...LOL
What? All five rounds could be duds. Might have to reload a few times to get the crazy damage. But now instead of crazy damage for 3 consecutive rounds, you only get it for 2 consecutive rounds.
03/14/2017 12:03 AMPosted by nslay
What? All five rounds could be duds. Might have to reload a few times

^ ... at this point you are dead. RIP. (not un-like playing solo Lwiz at higher GRs)
03/14/2017 07:15 AMPosted by Nick
03/14/2017 12:03 AMPosted by nslay
What? All five rounds could be duds. Might have to reload a few times

^ ... at this point you are dead. RIP. (not un-like playing solo Lwiz at higher GRs)

This game is a love/ hate.... So many amazing things crippled buy some bad idea
I rage quit my Wiz because of this. I can either run a GR 80 with no deaths or get smoked 20 times in a row in a GR 76. It's too random. and all the other classes are posting complaining it's too OP, so we know what coming next.

Might try WD next.
I think part of the problem is the mobs in GRs - you get so many "undesirable" ranged mobs like spear chuckers, ghosts, skeleton archers, bees, as well as so many "cave" maps. I heard next patch will be more melee mobs, and open maps than now. Density helps a lot with proc'ing MH.
Given that enemy HP increases by 17% per GR level, a 25% damage reduction is only going to drop the effectiveness down 2-3 GR levels. People have already soloed GR110 with the MH Archon build. After the nerf, they may only be able to do 107. It's not a big deal.
And without archon ?
Archon is the problem.....
03/16/2017 02:29 PMPosted by TheNoseKnows
Given that enemy HP increases by 17% per GR level, a 25% damage reduction is only going to drop the effectiveness down 2-3 GR levels. People have already soloed GR110 with the MH Archon build. After the nerf, they may only be able to do 107. It's not a big deal.

It might be slightly more than 3 when you factor in how they changed the hellion / cultist / berserker mob set.

This mob set was king for the majority of solo clears in S9. It's at least one GR down additionally due to just this.

It affects other builds too of course, but this one more than most, because - archon stacks.
03/16/2017 07:52 PMPosted by Cratic
03/16/2017 02:29 PMPosted by TheNoseKnows

It might be slightly more than 3 when you factor in how they changed the hellion / cultist / berserker mob set.

This mob set was king for the majority of solo clears in S9. It's at least one GR down additionally due to just this.

It affects other builds too of course, but this one more than most, because - archon stacks.

This is true. Also take the "new open added density maps" in consideration. I think it might level the playing field a bit closer and not so much of fishing expedition. Less stress is always a win.

However, Blackarrow somehow got Flooded causeways and West March on the first levels. Blizz promised that it shouldn't spawn anymore. So take that with some precaution.

Here's the findings from Blackarrow.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753567087