Kanai's Skorn

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
03/01/2017 09:14 AMPosted by Arveragus
Both do have the Kanai's Stomping Ground event enabled.

And there is a flash at the throne when returning after the event is completed(all cows in stomping ground dead), as if something is supposed to happen...

Strangely, Kani remains in your party, although the text states otherwise, when back in the throne room. Noticed it when I cast consecration on the throne and saw, Kani still gets the buff animation.
Yeah, some blue post will be appreciated.
Remember this?
Wyatt Cheng, Jul 8 2016
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20743745267?page=106#post-2117

Hi all,

In Patch 2.4.1, we introduced a number of new cosmetic items to the game including a few extremely rare items such as the Cosmic Wings and Rainbow Portrait. Among the items intended to be extremely rare are Steffon’s Heavy Lance, Mace of the Crows, and the Harvest Pennant (also known as the Fallen Pennant). As 2.4.1 unfolded, we were surprised to learn that nobody appeared to have found these items. Weeks passed, we checked and double-checked the data, and ran some internal tests—these items were intended to be rare and hidden, but had we perhaps hidden them too well?

Unfortunately, it turns out we made a mistake. Instead of making the items extremely rare, they did not appear at all. The development team is sorry for this huge misstep on our part—we know that our mistake caused many players to spend hours trying to locate items which we now see in hindsight was a wild goose chase.

How did this happen? Testing something that is intentionally extremely rare means we need to use some dedicated testing techniques. Our team uses a combination of code reviews, simulation and cheat codes to verify functionality. Sometimes things can appear to work correctly in parts, but malfunction when they are put together. For example, in the case of the Pennant, we were able to verify that individual portions of the criteria to obtain the Pennant functioned correctly, but the end to end process resulted in the Pennant being unattainable once the patch went live.

The dev team messed up and we’re sorry. We erroneously told our community team (including Nevalistis) that the Harvest Pennant could drop. We can’t make it right overnight but we’d like to start with two changes:

1. We’ve certainly learned our lesson, and going forward when things are intentionally this rare, we’ll have new testing procedures to make sure a similar mistake doesn’t happen again.
2. Although we cannot provide direct restitution to the individuals affected, we’re going to have a 48-hour Double Blood Shard Community Buff for this weekend.

Wyatt
03/01/2017 11:44 AMPosted by ToPaZ
when things are intentionally this rare

In defense of Wyatt, I suspect that Kanai's skorn is not intentionally rare. It used to be a 100% drop. I think it is just bugged.
02/28/2017 09:08 PMPosted by Thphlstr
Where does this chest spawn?

I just logged in and i had the Barbarian spirit wake up, and open the portal, but i searched the throne room and was unable to find the chest?

So, since this event was available for only a short period of time on PTR, there are definitely some subtleties to it that may not have been captured by the community during that window. Let's clear things up. :)

Chief Elder Kanai will rise during the month of March and invite you to join him on a quick run through his Stomping Grounds. During the final week of March (March 24-31), completion of this event has a guaranteed chance to spawn a chest containing the Kanai's Skorn transmog.

Why the final week of March? Kevin Kanai Griffith, the artist to whom this event is dedicated to, celebrated his birthday in the last week of the month. If you'd like to know more about Kevin and the story behind Kanai's Cube, I'd recommend checking out the blog and video we released last year.
03/01/2017 11:55 AMPosted by Nevalistis

I just logged in and i had the Barbarian spirit wake up, and open the portal, but i searched the throne room and was unable to find the chest?

So, since this event was available for only a short period of time on PTR, there are definitely some subtleties to it that may not have been captured by the community during that window. Let's clear things up. :)

Chief Elder Kanai will rise during the month of March and invite you to join him on a quick run through his Stomping Grounds. During the final week of March (March 24-31), completion of this event has a guaranteed chance to spawn a chest containing the Kanai's Skorn transmog.

Why the final week of March? Kevin Kanai Griffith, the artist to whom this event is dedicated to, celebrated his birthday in the last week of the month. If you'd like to know more about Kevin and the story behind Kanai's Cube, I'd recommend checking out [url="https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19817367/"]the blog[/url] and [url="https://youtu.be/V0dluBgUqsI"]video[/url] we released last year.

Does the chest have a chance to spawn currently? If so, do you mind divulging the %? If not the precise percentage, is it more/less than 10%?

Does the chest have a chance to spawn currently? If so, do you mind divulging the %? If not the precise percentage, is it more than 10%?

To clarify, it does not. The chest only spawns during the final week of the event.
03/01/2017 12:07 PMPosted by Nevalistis

Does the chest have a chance to spawn currently? If so, do you mind divulging the %? If not the precise percentage, is it more than 10%?

To clarify, it does not. The chest only spawns during the final week of the event.

Thanks.
03/01/2017 11:55 AMPosted by Nevalistis

Why the final week of March? Kevin Kanai Griffith, the artist to whom this event is dedicated to, celebrated his birthday in the last week of the month. If you'd like to know more about Kevin and the story behind Kanai's Cube, I'd recommend checking out [url="https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19817367/"]the blog[/url] and [url="https://youtu.be/V0dluBgUqsI"]video[/url] we released last year.

Good to know. This will save us a lot of time trying to obtain it in vain in the coming weeks. So thanks for the relatively early heads-up.
That's a pretty small window of opportunity but we can understand why.

Time for the community to do its thing and pass the skorn around to those who aren't around to get it.
I don't care what anyone thinks when you hit the pillars running up to the sanctum and all those pyres burst into flame and then run inside and find Elder Kanai seated there on his throne...that is one hell of a job paying tribute to a colleague. One hell of a job!

To Kanai!
I can't see where it was stated back then that only the last week of March will have the chest spawning.
Hope i remember by that time to farm for it.
Thank you for the clarification on this!
03/01/2017 12:41 PMPosted by Tornado
I can't see where it was stated back then that only the last week of March will have the chest spawning.

Because it never was.

The massive 100+page topic highlighting the 2.4.1 "we double checked and they drop" tansmogs and pennant fiasco, was completely deleted after I bumped it in an attempt to give some of the newer forum members a little perspective as to what goes on around here.

Well played, cm. Well played.
Nevalistis thanks for the information. Saved me from the grind. I literally ran the Kanai event over 50 times after midnight. This helps a ton. Appreciate the early response to the Diablo community. :)
must it be found seperatly in softcore and hardcore mode?

Or only once, accountbound?
It's a...transmog?

When I read the title of this thread, I thought, "Man! What a great name for a Strength-based weapon! Excellent idea!" And then I saw the Blue reply and thought again, "Wait, is this a weapon for 2.5? Released in the commemorative month of Griffith's birth?"

But no...I went on to read in the thread...it's a lousy transmog!

You would think that it would follow from these facts:
  • that the Skorn was a hugely powerful and versatile, and thus popular, weapon pre-2.0;
  • that its popularity has declined since it's basically now just a Legendary weapon with no Legendary property;
  • and that the opportunity exists for the introduction of a unique weapon meant for Barbarians and Crusaders;
that the name would be associated with more than just artwork.

Imagine Kanai's Skorn as an actual upgrade of the existing Skorn, with a Legendary property equal in stature to its name, and the transmogrification artwork applied to it.

And I don't mean for this weapon to be used by any character that can pick up a two-handed weapon, I mean for it to be limited to Barbarians and Crusaders, with the possibility for a Monk to use the weapon, with the requirement that all of their five armor sockets be occupied by rubies, so that they have the strength to carry and make use of the weapon.

I'm no weapon designer, so I can't suggest what the Legendary property might be, I only know that the name itself, "Kanai's Skorn" is a brilliant adaptation, and I think it deserves more than just the lipservice of a transmogrification.
Now don't get me wrong I love any free or added content but, Dose this not fall into the "We will not be having any more limited events because not every one can participate IE:Double gobs ,Double bountys Ect."

When this was announced and implemented last year it was said after the event was over that it would return next year for march .Now its you get the little cows for March but the one thing every one is really after is limited to a week.
03/01/2017 01:34 PMPosted by Agmo
Now don't get me wrong I love any free or added content but, Dose this not fall into the "We will not be having any more limited events because not every one can participate IE:Double gobs ,Double bountys Ect."

When this was announced and implemented last year it was said after the event was over that it would return next year for march .Now its you get the little cows for March but the one thing every one is really after is limited to a week.

I think the difference is that this can be traded around, so no one really misses out.
Just putting in my two cents: thanks Nevalistis for the fast response!

:-)