Nemesis Kills

General Discussion
Why can't they bring the Nemesis Kills to PC? That was/is a very awesome feature. When i hear those drums sound it's epic.

Nemesis Kills are a feature of Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (exclusive to consoles as of patch 2.4). Through this system, monsters who have killed a player can appear in the game of players on the original player's Friends List, identified clearly as "Nemesis, Killer of: (character name)" and becoming even more powerful than they were in the original player's game. By killing these monsters, players can 'avenge' their friend's death and earn special rewards. Among these rewards are Player Gifts and possible chances of rare or legendary items. They can also spawn in co-op games for players in the same instance. The Nemesis will spawn in your world based on your profile, ignoring your character level while keeping what ever levels it has gained. They do not appear for Hardcore characters.
Once a player is killed by a monster, there is a chance of a red void portal appearing near the character's body, indicating that the Nemesis has been created (Elite monsters seems to have higher chances to create a Nemesis). After that, it will seek a random player in the friends list that is currently online and infiltrate his/her game, though it's not always instantly. If there are no friends currently online and playing the game, the Nemesis will randomly appear when one of them logs in.

The Nemesis form is similar to Diablo's (regardless of the actual monster that birthed it), and is always accompanied by one or more Shadow Clones of the dead players, representing their characters. These clones will have the name "Fallen (Class)". Should the player die in a fight against a Nemesis, both the Nemesis and the shadows will disappear, and the creature will become even stronger and seek another player among the friend's friends. If the player defeats the Nemesis, the shadows will also disappear, meaning they won't have to be defeated too.

Before a Nemesis arrives in your world, a distinctive War Horn will sound a few times, followed by your game pad rumbling (if the feature is active). After about 3~4 warning horns, the Nemesis will spawn through it's portal. When the portal forms, it releases a shockwave that will kill minor enemies within roughly 50~75 yards from the portal, though monsters behind walls apear to be safe. The Nemesis is able to spawn in a Nephalem Rift, which will make things very difficult if it shows up near other Elite Monsters.
This actually makes me want to play on consoles.
It should be for hardcore as well. It would add even more meaning to it. The challenge of killing it would have more meaning.
I know when I ran into them they were tough to kill.
Just the thought of them being in hardcore makes me feel like I'm playing Demon or Dark Souls. It would be an epic addition to hardcore. :D
03/20/2017 03:34 PMPosted by MetalJet666
It should be for hardcore as well. It would add even more meaning to it. The challenge of killing it would have more meaning.

Er no...when playing SC I don't mind nemesis but if you are not playing a top build you WILL die...if on HC that is unfair.

I've played on HC for most of the time and haven't heard the nemesis drums play in a while and it makes sense not to.

After 5 kills the nemesis is very powerful!
They could make the death in HC not perm. like set dung.
HC players would still mess their drawers just at the sound of the drums though.
03/20/2017 03:29 PMPosted by Molg
This actually makes me want to play on consoles.

OP, here is the answer you seek...
Is there a ceiling to their toughness? I would make a group who was dedicated to enhancing one just to see what kind of monster we could make. If you see it, let it kill you. After 100 deaths, we all try to fight it?
03/20/2017 07:48 PMPosted by Prology
They could make the death in HC not perm. like set dung.
HC players would still mess their drawers just at the sound of the drums though.

Nemesis only shows up if you die from something else.

Essentially, whatever monster killed you becomes your nemesis.

So your example here is impossible, because in order for Nemesis to even show up, you have to die.
I watched one merc a 2 man group with hacked gear while they were running GR130. They can get really strong very fast.

But mostly you would be able to get them if they had only a few kills. Then you get a gift in mailbox i think as reward. it's been awhile since i played console.
03/20/2017 03:34 PMPosted by MetalJet666

It'll probably do more harm than good. The Nemesis can be potentially too strong for you out of nowhere and you may not be properly geared to take them on. They keep w/e levels they gained so that may be a problem when say you're just speed farming running a high speed/low survivability build.
I have never seen nemesis on a GR. Normal rifts, bounties, etc, but never a GR.

He usually lasts about 30 seconds when he pops. (I feel bad for him!)

When nemesis was first released on consoles, he could only be generated if you died fighting a non elite. They may have changed that, I don't know.

Also, I've always, ALWAYS gotten a legendary+a gift for a friend when I killed him.

Info from a console player. Enjoy!
A rift guardian Nemesis on HC would be quite something.
I play on both Xbox and PC. There are advantages to both. A this point, I cant decide which I like better. It does play extremely well on console. Plus, you can pay it on the big screen! I love it when a Nemesis shows up. Almost as good as a treasure vault.
I would love to have it in the game. Because they can still be put in the main menu an option that you can turn on or off with the Nemesis that may or may not come into your game. And if it does and you did not kill it, or no longer being attacked by you or other players in your game (or someone else's game) for 2 minutes that it just goes away. I mean it would be great that there is an occasional challenge to fight against.
Ok that is creepy. Those war horns are farting amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GFZbBvoZ1s

Can someone rip the sound from the game or something?
yea I had nemesis of certain player on my friends list three time and defeated without to much effort.
You know what's the catch with this idea?
I would need friends who still play Diablo... :P

Forum Moderator Note: While the advice and/or information given in an older thread could have been accurate at the time, it may be now be outdated or a reply to an old thread could be overlooked. For these reasons please avoid 'necro' posting. If you have a similar issue and the advice previously given hasn't helped then please create a new thread with all relevant information.