Bounty materials gathered by bot

General Discussion
Bounty materials gathered by bot should be labeled as illegal materials. Whoever collected these materials should be banned.
If a botter starts doing public bounties, this would affect hundreds of legitimate players who had virtually nothing to do with the case.
03/08/2017 11:48 PMPosted by nand
If a botter starts doing public bounties, this would affect hundreds of legitimate players who had virtually nothing to do with the case.

Robo nand, not the hero botters deserve, but the hero botters need.
03/09/2017 07:38 AMPosted by Lash

No you're just stupid.

3 legit players are doing public bounties, they finish 4 acts and are doing the final one.

Known botter joins and turns in all the bounties.

Hope you enjoy spending 20+ minutes for absolutely nothing.
OP was referring to the practice of having a bot account complete all the bounties, but not submit them to Tyrael. Then the other players join into the game with their "legit" account characters and collect the bounties. That way they reap all the benefits of boting the bounties, but don't have to worry about getting banned. This is obviously never done in a public game where anyone can accidentally wander in and see the bot running and/or scoop up the loot.

I don't see Blizzard ever implementing bans for this activity, as it is too difficult to document. They could however restructure the bounty reward system to minimize this issue.
03/10/2017 01:56 AMPosted by CoffeeMaid

No you're just stupid.

3 legit players are doing public bounties, they finish 4 acts and are doing the final one.

Known botter joins and turns in all the bounties.

Hope you enjoy spending 20+ minutes for absolutely nothing.

What if I told you that it is actually you...who is just stupid.

I don't even know where to start. First, that's not what happens. The bot runs all the bounties, and then a player joins them to turn in and reap the benefits.

Second. My post that you are quoting, was implying that nand does this very thing, as he is a "solo only" player who has over 2,000 paragon this season, completed GR 91, but somehow isn't on the leaderboard. Hence "Robonand". And "the hero botters need" referring to the fact that he regularly defends botting on this forum, because "his good friends bot" but "not him". And we're all not as dumb as he thinks.
03/10/2017 08:11 AMPosted by Lash
he is a "solo only" player who has over 2,000 paragon this season, completed GR 91, but somehow isn't on the leaderboard. Hence "Robonand". And "the hero botters need" referring to the fact that he regularly defends botting on this forum, because "his good friends bot" but "not him". And we're all not as dumb as he thinks.

Nand is just Level 1. I don't think that is as good as P2000.
03/10/2017 08:49 AMPosted by Zepp
03/10/2017 08:11 AMPosted by Lash
he is a "solo only" player who has over 2,000 paragon this season, completed GR 91, but somehow isn't on the leaderboard. Hence "Robonand". And "the hero botters need" referring to the fact that he regularly defends botting on this forum, because "his good friends bot" but "not him". And we're all not as dumb as he thinks.

Nand is just Level 1. I don't think that is as good as P2000.

https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/nand-2780/hero/88748720

Not saying that he bots, but this is his profile. And no, 2000 para season is impossible solo, even if he would run bot 24/7, at around 1200-1300 24 hours of speed GR by bot is just 6-8 para levels. His 4000 e-kills on zMonk is lots of hours on it, 100 hours on zbarb in season was about 4k e-kills on my account last time I remember. And 100 hours in 4 man is more than 1000 hours on bot, paragonwise, especially in 1000+ paragon scenario. 100 paragon gain when you are above 1000 paragon is about xp equivalent of 1-1000 grind. Done that, I know how it goes.
03/10/2017 07:55 AMPosted by Bianchi4Me
other players join into the game with their "legit" account characters and collect the bounties. That way they reap all the benefits of boting the bounties, but don't have to worry about getting banned.

Sorry, but you will still get banned eventually.
03/08/2017 11:48 PMPosted by nand

He does make a valid point, though.

It's even more pertinent considering bounties have to be done pretty much in groups if you don't want to feel like you're wasting your time doing them solo. Bounties are the only thing I ever do in groups precisely because of this very reason. I'd hate to see my efforts screwed because some bot joined a game I happened to be into. It's not like you can distinguish them anyways, since barely anyone ever talks in these games.
03/10/2017 03:06 PMPosted by CoffeeMaid
03/10/2017 07:55 AMPosted by Bianchi4Me
other players join into the game with their "legit" account characters and collect the bounties. That way they reap all the benefits of boting the bounties, but don't have to worry about getting banned.

Sorry, but you will still get banned eventually.

Nope. As things stand now, you will not. For what, joining a game that at some point had a bot in it? A bot that may have already exited the game before you entered it? It only takes one player to enter the game, dismiss the bot, and invite up to three other players in to claim the bounties. Joining a game that used to have somebody else's bot in it before you got there is not even a ToS violation (unless they can somehow prove you knew about it).

But hey, don't believe me, just check the leaderboards. Notice how the accounts that were caught actively botting got banned, but the people who spent the season playing alongside them as part of their group are still sitting there smiling on top of boards?

You really think they are going to investigate and ban people for running a bounty in a sketchy manner? When they let obvious cheater groups sit there in plain sight on top of the leaderboard?
03/10/2017 03:11 PMPosted by Blashyrkh

He does make a valid point, though.

It's even more pertinent considering bounties have to be done pretty much in groups if you don't want to feel like you're wasting your time doing them solo. Bounties are the only thing I ever do in groups precisely because of this very reason. I'd hate to see my efforts screwed because some bot joined a game I happened to be into. It's not like you can distinguish them anyways, since barely anyone ever talks in these games.

Bots move and behave very differently from human players. I've never heard of a botter being foolish enough to send their bot out to do random pub games, where the chances of being noticed and reported are extremely high. You can watch YouTube vids of them doing their stuff, and they don't behave like a human player. It may, of course, be possible that a botter would have a brain fart and accidentally launch a bot with the game settings wrong, I guess. My understanding is they operate off a "script", customized for the particular activity they've been assigned, but I'm not sure if that includes the configuring the initial settings for launching the game.

In any events, outright bans seem very unlikely to me. I'd rather see them reconfigure the entry requirements for bounty games to make boting them impractical, or at least much less rewarding.
They should link a visual image captcha generator to bountie bags - if captcha is not confirmed by user in 5 minutes after checking in at tyrael the bountie bag will be removed and the act declared as solved for them.

That way botters cant leave computer for more than 30 mins because else no bountie bags. ;)
03/11/2017 06:16 AMPosted by NINEGRAVES
They should link a visual image captcha generator to bountie bags - if captcha is not confirmed by user in 5 minutes after checking in at tyrael the bountie bag will be removed and the act declared as solved for them.

That way botters cant leave computer for more than 30 mins because else no bountie bags. ;)
Why make it harder for the rest of us who play legit?

What have we done to "deserve" such a poor QoL change?

For the specific issue we were discussing, the bot never claims the bounties, so the captcha would acheive nothing. This is done by players with multiple accounts. One account (or more) runs a bot who completes all the bounties, but does not turn them in. The other "legit" account(s), controlled by a player, then joins the game after all the work is finished and turns in the bounties to Tyrael. They'd also answer the captcha questions if there was one.

For people who are actually playing on the same account they also use for botting, we already have a solution, which is to ban that account.
03/11/2017 05:17 PMPosted by Ba1aB

Why make it harder for the rest of us who play legit?

Considering how bad QoL is already,this would not affect anyone more than +0.001%
03/11/2017 05:17 PMPosted by Ba1aB
...Why make it harder for the rest of us who play legit?

Considering how bad QoL is already,this would not affect anyone more than +0.001%
We're talking about a captcha for every act in bounties.

I can throw out ridiculous numbers out as well. So I'm gonna say 99.999% will hate it.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
We're talking about a captcha for every act in bounties.

I can throw out ridiculous numbers out as well. So I'm gonna say 99.999% will hate it.

That can not be true just from the fact that over 50% players do not even ever do bounties.

Try again :^)

I do not know why you find my number ridiculous,you should explain yourself better.
Also there is need to type capcha only once per run,and it could still be reduced to something like once per 3runs=once per 12bounties.
03/11/2017 08:27 PMPosted by Diego
...We're talking about a captcha for every act in bounties.

That can not be true just from the fact that over 50% players do not even ever do bounties.

I do not know why you find my number ridiculous,you should explain yourself better.
Also there is need to type capcha only once per run,and it could still be reduced to something like once per 3runs=once per 12bounties.
And you don't think those who bot will find a way around that AIRTIGHT fence...?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

And you don't think those who bot will find a way around that AIRTIGHT fence...?

ofcourse I do not,you would need literally AI smarter than hal 9000 to do that
no one is going to invest billions of dollars to research bot for d3 capchas.
if player is just going to be at his computer while botting he can as well multi-box what is completely legit in this game and gives more advantages.

I know you dislike idea of making boting much less convictionietletcomradet mr.Ba1botAb