Ideas for improving Diablo 3

General Discussion
Hello everyone! Hello Blizzard. I'm a fan of your games since your beginnings. Diablo and Starcraft were my first PC games so i love them a lot and i'd like to share some thoughts and ideas about my D3 experience until now. Beware as it may be a long post. Also i'm not an english mother tongue so I hope you'll understand all i'm trying to say here :)

I bought Diablo 3 at launch. It was nice, but after a while the problems and limitations of this game arose so it became quite frustrating and boring. After you did the 2.0 patch and the expansion, it brought new fresh air and solved some of the games problems, introduced new stuff and so on, it was good... but not enough, because after you get accustomed to the new stuff and obtain what you want, it again becomes boring. The same with the seasons. There is always this problem with D3 in my opinion, that no matter how much new stuff you add, it's only a matter of time until the user gets what he wants and there's nothing new to see or do anymore. And not all the Diablo lovers have the time and dedication to just repeat rifts upon rifts, get thousands of paragons, do all the conquests for a stash tab, and things like this. All these are repetitive actions that doesn't give enough motivation and gratification to a casual fan, to people who don't like monotone competitivity, who don't find in this enough reasons to play longer or return more often to the game, and especially, to want to try new classes and new styles of play. So i think it's the core system that just isn't designed good enough to make it happen.
Sadly, Diablo 3 is more about mindless looting doing repetitive stuff searching for the right piece of gear, than about character growth and customization as a whole. The gear and loot should have been a part of it, not it's core as it is now. I want an ability tree system where i want to choose my path, i want to choose what kind of character i want to be and i want to improve on my abilities of my path with each level, and it doesn't have to depend strictly on my gear and weapon.

I'll try to bring some ideas to do that. I really hope that Blizzard at least reads them and think about what i have to say. I don't pretend it to be done right away because i'm in no right to pretend it, i know there might be technical issues and other issues which i can't know or consider. I just want to improve this game if possible and have more fun with it for me and for all the people like me.

I'll copy now here the post below.

1 - BRING A NEW EXPANSION
Yeah, it may seem obvious but it's the one and only way for bringing a lot of new content and also doing a lot of modifications to the game with a Patch 3.0, as you also did with your past expansion and patch 2.0... I think it's better like this than doing a completely new game now. Diablo 3 may still be improved a lot by merely expanding and changing it.

1.a NEW CLASSES
The first thing we choose in a Diablo game is our class. I love variety. In each and every Diablo game I ALWAYS played them all because i was curious to see what kind of gameplay possibilities they bring. I'm already very happy that you bring back the Necromancer and i'm eager to play with it (even though i hoped it would be with an expansion and not as a DLC :)) ), but I think we can still have new/old classes that can bring something new and fun to the game.

DRUID
The Druid is a D2 class that MUST return. It's unique among all the classes because it would be the only shapeshifter fighter of the bunch and also the most versatile class. I would like also to introduce here a new idea that i would later explain after i write about all the classes. I think we can introduce a double main stat class concept. The Druid has to have 2 main stats, Strength (for his shapeshifting melee warrior part) and Intelligence (for his Animal companions/Nature spellcaster part). It would also reflect well his versatility as a class. And his main themes i think must be like this:

Shapeshifting
Give him transformation abilities that grants him new attacks, stats and gameplay options unique to him in that form. The bear and wolf form may return, but also new ones like a feline or bird form.

Animal/Familiar Taming
Give him some animals/spirits of nature/familiars to choose and tame, to aid him in his combat. They can help us with damage, support, enemies debuffs etc. Make some of them more unique by giving us 1-2 pet only abilities (with new slots only for them on the UI) to control them directly once summoned.

Nature Force Control
Make him cast spells that involves earth, water, wood and other nature elements, making him also different from the Wizard main spell caster and his elements. Like quakes, volcanoes, water spear/slice, water armor, wood entangling/cage, wood barrier, wood tree ant temporary summonings and so on.

It have to be one of the most versatile classes. So we can have a lot of variety gameplay with him. It has to be the class to choose for the more easily bored people who always want to try new things with a character without changing the class. The Druid can be a good melee warrior with his shapeshifting forms and attacks, or a good spell caster/summoner with his nature spells and summons, and also his animal summons and support. And also he can greatly help groups by extending his support abilities to all the party. Also like the with the Demon Hunter, it may have a dual energy system. Rage (like Wild/Animal Rage), red color, his source for the melee and shapeshifting attacks, and also Nature (like Nature Power), green emerald color, for everything else.

NINJA
It would be a whole new class for the Diablo world, but I think it could be done and well fitting, by expanding also the asiatic inspiration lore (like you did with the Wizard being heavily inspired by chinese typical wizard aspect). So Ninja can tap heavily from the japanese folclore. I always saw a pattern in the class creation in Diablo, because many of the new classes are old revamped returns like the Barbarian, Necromancer etc, or a mix of other existing classes (D2 Assasin + D2 Barb or D1 Warrior = Monk, D2 Amazon + D2 Assasin = Demon Hunter etc) or other classes that are a lot like old ones but with a new name and theme ( Necromancer - > Witch Doctor, Paladin - > Crusader) so by this logic I would like to see the Ninja class as a combination of the D2 Assasin and the D2 Sorceress.
It would also be another dual main stat class with Dexterity and Intelligence as its main stats. Their energy source should be Chakra, obvious, the color may be yellow or an electric blue/azure, a spiritual energy that grows slowly by itself, or faster while doing some peculiar moves like evasion or meditation. His themes must be:

Zanjutsu (Master of Weapon Combat)
Excelent martial artist with abilities for barehanded, melee ranged weapons like short and light swords, shurikens and kunais. Some ninja weapon traps would be nice, but not many because it's not his specialty as with demon hunter.

Ninjutsu (Master of Ninja Arts)
The ninjutsu or ninja arts that can be different classic ninja magics and tricks with shadow, light, smoke, fire and lightning elements. We can make him imbue/enchant his melee and ranged weapons with elemental damage and effects with some temporary buff abilities that would be also nice to use on other party members as a kind o support. Also body enhancement for faster movement or attack.

Genjutsu (Master of Illusions)
Master of evasive skills and illusions like shadow clones, substitutes, elemental clones, and other similar evasive/defensive skills.

AMAZON
The Amazon is another good class which may be unique in some ways and interesting to try. We can have ONLY women amazons so this will be the only gender fixed class of Diablo 3. I envision amazons as proud women warriors that try to excel over the natural strength of men with their dexterity, concentration and ranged skills. It would be nice to have a class that emphasizes this unique trait of critical hit. The amazons have to be very good at concentrating all their attention in one point, to find the weak spot of an enemy and do a lot o critical damage with few hits, as opposite to rival similar class of Demon Hunter that fight with rain of arrows, with rage and hatred and throws everything they can at the enemy. I would like the Amazons to be instead focused, concentrated and calm, strong willed characters that shoots you from afar. So i think it would be nice to call their energy source Concentration, color grey or some shade of light yellow or light blue. It would grow faster by staying still, or by doing critical hits and consecutive strikes. Her main stat will be Dexterity of course. The main themes would be much like in D2:

Ranged Combat
As the deeply focused character she must be, i think it's a good thing to limit also her arsenal of weapons and do a variety of abilities only around that few weapons. So the only weapons she must use and master are bow, crossbow, spear and javelin for the ranged combat (spear and javelin spells will be only for the throwing part)

Melee Combat
The only weapons for her to use here will be light sword and shield, spear and javelin (for the melee stabing part). So all the close quarter abilities with this weapons must be in this category.

Magic and Concentration Skills
We can give her here the magic abilities like certain elemental attacks, timed buffs to her concentration to increase the critical strike, her resource regeneration, her evasion or block chance etc and also some party buffs like these for the party like signaling shots that communicates the enemies weak spots (so crit damage increment for the party) or enemies intentions (so more evasive/block chance for the party) etc.

1.b ATTRIBUTES
I spoke above about some modifications needed with the actual system. So i think that we need to return, at least partly, to the D2 personalized system of choosing points for stats, but not for all of them. The one main stats characters, must have their main stat increase locked, because it's what defines them as a class. But we can choose how many points to assign to other stats, because we may differentiate our builds and skill sets to increase more our magic resistances, or our attack evasion (yeah, bring back that too). So give us a fixed amount of points for the main stat, and a certain amount of points for the other stats to put them how we consider best.

For the dual main stats characters do a combination of both systems. Give as a set amount for the main stats, and we choose how many point to one of the main stat or for the other. And also a set of points for all the remaining attributes.
Also i think the Monk should be a dual main stats class with both Strengh and Dexterity as their main attributes. So we'll have 3 dual stats class (Monk(Str-Dex), Ninja(Dex-Int), Druid(Int-Str), and 7 other classes with one main attribute.

1.c DEXTERITY
I forgot the last time to say something about Dexterity. It has to return as it was, an evasion thing and not an armor buff. Make it increase your % chance of totally evading an enemy attack (magical o physical). And increase it and tune it in a way that it gives a similar survive rate as the armor or the magical resistance. Its what should distinguish the classes with this main stat and also should be a part of some gameplay mechanics or even abilities of the classes that are relying heavily on that attribute.
2 - CHANGE ABILITIES SYSTEM
One thing i never understood well since the beginning of Diablo 3, is why the abilities didn't have their proper damage, but instead was only a % multiplication of the weapons damage... it's just wrong, and shifts ALL the focus only on your gear and make your class abilities only an accessory that enhance your damage, and not something to grow and became better at. It took away a good part of your character growth and customization aspect that was so good in Diablo 2. Maybe you did it as a way of simplifying things out, but it just made all the abilities part plain and boring. I think it's nice to find abilities you like and try to be better at them by growing their strength. This is why i think we need to detach the abilities damage from the weapons and make them independent. There are many ways to make the abilities strong that will reflect well the class growth and progression.

2.a MAIN SPELLS
With each level, give us ability points to activate (at start) or increase a certain ability's power and effects.
Make them grow with normal levels and with paragon levels also.
Make the weapons synergize with some abilities, like increase by X % the Y's damage or effect, especially when the weapon is a class locked or class suited weapon. It doesn't have sense to create synergies with a bow and barbarian abilities, or with a double handed axe and a wizard ability.

2.b SPELLS RUNES
Make them also grow, by also putting ability points in them, or by letting them grow according to how much we use them. You can create level caps like, used 20 times - gain level 2, used 50 times - gain level 3 and so on.

2.c GRAPHIC TREE
Make a redesigned Tree Ability with all our class abilities in one big beautiful page where we can see our progress and completion of that tree. Design it as a tree with ROOT ramifications, which will go down, for our passive skills, it will reflect our inner, hidden part which is always in effect but we don't see, and the upper main tree part with the active abilities and runes.

2.d REFUND PENALTIES
Introduce a small-medium gold penalty to pay to an NPC where we can buy refund points and change our points in our abilities if we want to try new game style, or if we did mistakes in our choices.

By doing something like this i think Diablo 3 will return to be a smart and deep Action RPG as it was in the past where we'll how to think about our character growth and progression, and not only about finding the best gear while grinding paragon levels to the infinite.
I'll continue next about weapons, game modes and other tweaks.

3 - LOOT

I think it was a good thing the last Primal Ancients introduction because it will work well also with the system i envision for this game. It will add an end game cap for your gear. When you obtain your primal ancient piece of gear that you want you'll know you don't have to worry anymore about that slot, it's definitive, the best and most powerful, and the only thing you would want to change it's their proprieties.
But to make it work better I think it's needed some changes to other aspects of the loot system.

3.a Rarity

Change and adjust the magical drop. Make the words of "common", "magical", "rare" and legendary, reflect also in the drop rate. We have a lot of yellow rare items at the higher levels (at which we play like 99% of our time) and the common/magic loot is just trash we throw or destroy. I think it's wrong and useless to have so many items which we know will never be used.

Make the common items... COMMON, so with the biggest rate drop. (like 40%)
Make the magic items a little bit rarer, like 30%
Make the rare thing... well, RARE so with something like 20% drop rate
and finally, legendary and set items, something like 10% drop rate, with higher (or guaranteed) drop rates from rare/epic minions and bosses.

3.b Crafting Items
Make the items give us more crafting items if they drop less.
Introduce a new Kanai Cube recipe (or Blacksmith option) like Upgrade.
So we will be able to upgrade a common item to rare, with a certain number of crafting items. Also a magic to rare. The rare to legendary recipe it's there already if i remember correctly. So this way there will be more sense and also more use to all the kinds of items, and even the rare items will be good items to use until we'll find our desired legendary.

By introducing Primal Ancients i think it will add a theoretic "ending" to our loot searching and will make us in time focus only on our abilities growth in power. This is an additional reason to change the abilities and make them grow because if it stays like this, we'll hit a wall after obtaining our primal ancients we want. It would mean that we can't be better than this and our only "growth" will be paragon levels which also have caps to their categories and will be very limited in time.

4 - ARTISANS

With new expansions/DLCs/patches I hope you would also add new options for our artisans which would bring us more control over our gear and items.

4.a Blacksmith
It would be nice to have an "Upgrade Item" tab. which will give as the option to upgrade a certain stat of your gear to it's maximum. For example, if your weapon stat says your primary stat have a 400-600 range, and you got only 467, it can upgrade this stat to the maximum 600, by using of course the right amount of crafting materials and money. Make it possible only for 1 or 2 propreties (with a second eventually much more difficult to obtain), it would give us a reason to play more for obtaining the crafting material and slowly improve all our favourite gear to it's maximum (while waiting our Primal Ancient drop XD).

4.b Jeweller
I'd like to see a "Destroy Gem" tab... because i always have this low level gems that i can't combine, and i hate to just throw them like this... they seem too useless after you get the 60 level, so how about just destroying them and obtaining their essence, that one that we have normally to buy, for transforming other gems with the cube. At least they will have a use for something. Also after playing a lot, we get a lot of legendary gems and a lot of duplicates of them, so why not destroying them also in order to obtain a new crafting material to use for something... (like upgrading your gear with your Blacksmith or Kanai Cube or other things...)

4.c Enchanter
I think we need a second enchantment because there are just too much of them and often we would want to change 2-3 of them because not only they are not so good for our character, but also have a weak number to their propreties.
Make her also add a totally new one, a controlled enchantemnt, by asking for each propriety, a combination of crafting items and money and so making us choose what encantment do we want for our gear.

5 - EXPANSION NEW CONTENT

5.a - New Level Cap and Abilities
Bring the new main level cap to 100!
Bring a new ability for each category of each class. So it will be like 6 new active abilities (+runes) and also 2-3 new passives with a new passive slot to unlock at the 100 level.

5.b - New Story Act
Bring us a new story act to expand further the Diablo story and universe, a new place to see, maybe some jungle or magic forest like place (fitting for a Druid homeland) or an ancient isolated civilization with oriental japanese flavour (fitting for a Ninja homeland) etc.
Give us more bossess to fight with unique traits and environment, like a mad Imperius, a corrupted creature of Nature, an ancient oriental like spirit ghost, a corrupted past or present Nefilim class, or a new Nefilim experiment done by Diablo itself in order to fight us. And make unique conditions for killing them, not just by hitting with all you've got, like hurting a ghost only with certain magical spells and not with physical damage, or making them weak to certain elements and immune to others etc.

5.c - New Adventure Mode Content
New Events - like the Diablo anniversary one. With each season, bring 1-3 new events to do for a unique reward obtainable only by doing that event. Like a new dungeon to discover with some unique monsters to fight or a unique quest to do.

New Rifts - bring something like Memory Rifts, a redo of old Diablo games levels with their final boss, to fight past demons like Andariel, Duriel, Mephisto, Baal etc.
Challenging Rifts, where we have to clear each level (by killing everything) before
entering the next level. And with each new level there will be a rise in difficulty. No time limitation here, so more levels we do, greater the final reward will be.
Competitive Rifts, to do only with friends in a party, where we go hunting enemies, more we kill, better we do. Set a final minion kill cap to end it, or a limited time to do it. So in the end who does more kills, wins the rifts reward.
For each of those there have to be a unique and good enough reward to incentive us to play them all.

5.d - New Game Mode: ARENA
Introduce the long awaited PVP mode. Give it also many options to do PVP.
Standard PVP - You choose a class, the level is set for both, choose from some gear Blizzard let's you have according to your class and your opponents, in such a way to make them balance each other in order to avoid unfair or unbalanced fights, and choose your abilities build also. You have to bet something to do this, gold (a lot), real money (something like 2-3 dollars) or a legendary item from your stash. Make the arena maps with some life restoring points, or with some buff shrines to add diversity, and let them fight. Who wins may get an arena award AND the legendary item that the looser bet. The arena reward also has to be somehow good, worth enough to make us want to try it.
Champion PVP - You choose your fav class, with all the best gear you have and fight other players with the same level (and paragon). No other limitations.
Team PVP - Play with your friends, a 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 arena. Also make it Standard Team PVP or Champion Team PVP with those conditions above.
Brawl PVP - Play maps for 3-8 players where all are fighting for themselves.

Make Leaderboards or a Ranking System for the Standard, Champion and Team PVP, to see who is the best Diablo player, solo or in team.

5.e - Online Party
Increase the number of players to 8, or to at least the total number of classes (now 6). I think we all have already a good hardware to play Diablo and to recieve some technical upgrades for this games, and the number of party players would be one of them. It's always more fun to do things toghether, and only 4 players I think is a bit limited already.

5.f - Graphic Styles
The fandom raged about the new graphic art style of Diablo... Just make new graphic mods to it, like the Diablo event one, or another with D3 graphics but with D2 style and color palette etc. Add this as a microtransaction so who want so badly to play with that graphic style will surely buy this.

5.g - Microtransactions
Add microtransactions! Give us content to buy, which won't affect how we play the game or our stats, only esthetic things, like gear aspects, effects, auras, wings, decorations, banners, pets, acces to specific rifts, or arenas etc. This way you will have a contstand funding from the community, to bring new content and stuff.
About Pets - Do useful and inteligent Pets with instructions to follow, like pets that take for us all the gems, or all the crafting items, or all the rare and legendary loot, or all the life globes and so on. It will fasten the game and will help us don't miss what we need most.

5.h - Mercenaries
Bring new mercenaries OR increase their level cap and give them new abilities and gear slots.
I play mostly solo in Diablo so i play always with a mercenary. But i have a problem with them. If i play a Wizard, i want a mercenary which can suport and cure me more, a melee templar is perfect for this... BUT his main stat is Strength, while mine is Intelligence, so it's very hard to find good gear for my templar with Strength, to make him better.

Well that's all i think. I wrote about everything i would like to see coming in Diablo in the future. Tell me what do you think :)
Yes I have often said they need a way of adding some choice to character customization. Permanence to those choices as well be it through Paragon or through leveling.

Your Ninja idea sounds neat but in reality probably too close to the Monk. My true hope would be classes characters skills similar to Path of Exile but not Gem based maybe random based or via trainers that you find? I also would love some kind of world building similar to Grim Dawn but more resources and different things happen when you get certain resources or build certain things or recruit different NPCs to your cause.

Its probably a lot to ask for though :)
daily season league

*( buy in of 1$ 2$ 5$ ) winner takes ALL!
First off to make this better, they should remove the unnecessary power-creep of +XXXXXX% Damage and balance the sets and legendary items. They should also try to adjust the system to allow for more viable builds, instead of having players rely on specific sets and specific legendary gear to support those sets to be able to viably run higher torments. Bring back crowd control and support builds. Not everyone wants to be dishing out mad skillz damage. Some players really enjoy running support styles and crowd control of something different. While they don't supply damage, their perks should be relevant enough that having players run these styles of builds should not make the gameplay worse for the other players involved.

Adjust the difficulties so they're not just "more health, more damage!". Introduction of specific damage type resistances and immunities should make this a bit easier to do. We don't need 20 difficulties in the game, we need the difficulties to be more challenging when you first enter them, and slowly get easier as you gear up so you can feel yourself get more powerful before moving to the next difficulty. The final difficulty should be challenging even for a full group of well tuned characters. No one should be able to carelessly run through the final difficulty and blow it up.

Unfortunately the kind of tuning I spat off above would probably require a complete overhaul of all gear, difficulties, abilities and scaling. I can't see them doing this 5 years into the game. I think tuning and balance is what is more important to make this game great again before anything else.

I'd love to see them tune this game to be what it could be, instead of what it is. It is still fun and all, but it could be oh so much more!
03/02/2017 10:19 AMPosted by JShieldhand
Yes I have often said they need a way of adding some choice to character customization. Permanence to those choices as well be it through Paragon or through leveling.

Your Ninja idea sounds neat but in reality probably too close to the Monk. My true hope would be classes characters skills similar to Path of Exile but not Gem based maybe random based or via trainers that you find? I also would love some kind of world building similar to Grim Dawn but more resources and different things happen when you get certain resources or build certain things or recruit different NPCs to your cause.

Its probably a lot to ask for though :)

Well the Monk class is already very similar to other classes, it's a mixture of the D2 Paladin and the D2 Assassin. Every class at it's core is similar to another if we put it this way, and we can easily summarize their roles in the melee, ranged and spellcaster/summoner categories. Its their backstory, folclore, inspiration and other details that sets them apart and makes them unique. I would say that the WD and Necromancer are a lot more similar by this logic, but nonetheless I can see their differences also and why they easily should coexist in the same game.
The Monk as i said, it's a combination of the old Paladin (auras/mantras, light spells, cure spells, melee warrior) and also Assassin (martial arts, combo strikes) and its inspiration is part asian (shaolin monks) and also part russian (their names, beards, looks, accent).
Ninjas instead have an already established and very well known folklore to work upon and reinvent in the Sanctuary world. They would be like a shadowy, dark counterpart to the Monks, and will combine melee ninja weapon and hand to hand mastery with devastating ninja spells and illusions (as opposite to the monks cure and support part). As i said, i would like to see the Ninja fit in the mixed category of a fast paced warrior and also in that of a good spellcaster.
It definitely can be done and it's only a matter of will (fantasy) and story background, implementation, how Blizzard decides to make them fit in the world of Diablo.
1.c DEXTERITY
I forgot the last time to say something about Dexterity. It has to return as it was, an evasion thing and not an armor buff. Make it increase your % chance of totally evading an enemy attack (magical o physical). And increase it and tune it in a way that it gives a similar survive rate as the armor or the magical resistance. Its what should distinguish the classes with this main stat and also should be a part of some gameplay mechanics or even abilities of the classes that are relying heavily on that attribute.
Im not surprised with all these Naruto suggestions coming from someone named kyubi.

I honestly dont think Diablo 3 will ever get back up where it was or suppose to be. Maybe they will just make Diablo 4.

If you want a really good Arpg minus the graphics diablo 3 has, play path of exile. New league just started. Cant wait to play it when i get home.
03/03/2017 02:31 PMPosted by pattycake
Im not surprised with all these Naruto suggestions coming from someone named kyubi.

I honestly dont think Diablo 3 will ever get back up where it was or suppose to be. Maybe they will just make Diablo 4.

If you want a really good Arpg minus the graphics diablo 3 has, play path of exile. New league just started. Cant wait to play it when i get home.

Yeah! You got me! :)) Of course Naruto is one of the reasons why i like ninjas, but not the only one, and Naruto didn't invent the ninjas, they were already there for centuries and i watched many movies and anime about them to have some knowledge.

We can't know how D3 will evolve in the future, I can only suggest things i would like to see, and hope Blizzard will read and consider something from it.
I just started to write all i have in my head but it's a lot of information and i don't have time to write it in one go, so i will do it piece by piece.

I already started to play POE (level 14 witch) and it also inspired me in writing here, but also made me understand what I like in Diablo 3, and what no, even POE have it's flaws, and from my personal perspective for now it's mainly the user interface that allows very little key configuration (and for a left handed like me it's very frustrating to play)

What I do know... or at least what i can deduce from the Blizzard past games, and Diablo games especially, is that it's too soon for a Diablo 4. We are only 4-5 years into Diablo 3. Diablo 2 had to wait 12 years until Diablo 3 came. D3 was announces in 2008 and it took another 4 years to have it released. It's an enormous amount of work to do for these kind of games because of the amount of data and calculations to do, so I think we are nowhere near to a new Diablo game. We can hope instead for a new expansion, or expansions, that will close this storyline (this way maybe the D4 will be a reboot and fresh start for the franchise) and that will also bring all those changes and new content to make it better and more replayable. If Blizzard will stick as with their previous games (from all franchises) to a 10-year like plan of support and new content, Diablo 3 may very well continue for another 5 years at least, enough time to do 1 or 2 new expansions and many DLCs and patches.
LOL As if the evil sadistic freaks will listen
Ninja sounds like a silly idea.
Makes much more sense to add Assassin.
03/03/2017 07:51 PMPosted by Lithary
Ninja sounds like a silly idea.
Makes much more sense to add Assassin.

It's not silly, it's cool and besides, i don't see the assassins fitting well into Diablo 3 because we already have a combo martial artist (Monk) and a trap expert (Demon Hunter) and i can't see nothing new or unique to the Assassins to set them apart from the other already existing classes, that's why i didn't considered them. That's also why i don't consider Paladins (substituted with Crusaders), Sorceror or Sorceress (substituted with Wizards) or Warrior (the Barbarians and other melee classes took their place).
The Amazon, and Druid instead still have some unique traits and lore to bring them back. the Necromancer was substituted with Witch Doctor initially but they brought him back by changing his summons playstyle and because he has a very different kind of themes and summons which can be accepted as another summoner class that's not necessarily the same as the WD.
And also, we explored until now only mainly occidental warrior/ethnic influences, the only exceptions of asiatic influence being the Monk and the Wizard (chinese). So why don't explore other asiatic warrior themes (ninjas, samurais etc)
Fix Calamity. Bring back full-bonused MfD. Restore the wolf companion's damage bonus.

MAKE DEMON HUNTERS GREAT AGAIN.

More realistically, they could greatly extend the life of the game by simply giving every legendary (maybe excepting a minor handful) a relevant legendary affix. Additionally, why is LoN around? Instead of making LoN a sort of mandatory anti-set, instead slightly rework bonuses so that the LoN effect is default behavior for characters. Call it something silly like "harmonization" or whatever, but make it clear that non-set legendary items boost each others effects. Obviously numbers would almost certainly need tweaking but imagine all the !@#$ed-up mishmash setups would erupt!
2 - CHANGE ABILITIES SYSTEM
One thing i never understood well since the beginning of Diablo 3, is why the abilities didn't have their proper damage, but instead was only a % multiplication of the weapons damage... it's just wrong, and shifts ALL the focus only on your gear and make your class abilities only an accessory that enhance your damage, and not something to grow and became better at. It took away a good part of your character growth and customization aspect that was so good in Diablo 2. Maybe you did it as a way of simplifying things out, but it just made all the abilities part plain and boring. I think it's nice to find abilities you like and try to be better at them by growing their strength. This is why i think we need to detach the abilities damage from the weapons and make them independent. There are many ways to make the abilities strong that will reflect well the class growth and progression.

2.a MAIN SPELLS
With each level, give us ability points to activate (at start) or increase a certain ability's power and effects.
Make them grow with normal levels and with paragon levels also.
Make the weapons synergize with some abilities, like increase by X % the Y's damage or effect, especially when the weapon is a class locked or class suited weapon. It doesn't have sense to create synergies with a bow and barbarian abilities, or with a double handed axe and a wizard ability.

2.b SPELLS RUNES
Make them also grow, by also putting ability points in them, or by letting them grow according to how much we use them. You can create level caps like, used 20 times - gain level 2, used 50 times - gain level 3 and so on.

2.c GRAPHIC TREE
Make a redesigned Tree Ability with all our class abilities in one big beautiful page where we can see our progress and completion of that tree. Design it as a tree with ROOT ramifications, which will go down, for our passive skills, it will reflect our inner, hidden part which is always in effect but we don't see, and the upper main tree part with the active abilities and runes.

2.d REFUND PENALTIES
Introduce a small-medium gold penalty to pay to an NPC where we can buy refund points and change our points in our abilities if we want to try new game style, or if we did mistakes in our choices.

By doing something like this i think Diablo 3 will return to be a smart and deep Action RPG as it was in the past where we'll how to think about our character growth and progression, and not only about finding the best gear while grinding paragon levels to the infinite.
I'll continue next about weapons, game modes and other tweaks.
So.. you say the main problem with D3 is the repetitive nature rather than character growth and customization.

Then the first thing you want to do is add more classes, which doesn't help AT ALL because there still won't be any character growth or customization.

I think you missed your own point somewhere.
03/04/2017 06:47 AMPosted by Orrion
So.. you say the main problem with D3 is the repetitive nature rather than character growth and customization.

Then the first thing you want to do is add more classes, which doesn't help AT ALL because there still won't be any character growth or customization.

I think you missed your own point somewhere.

Read well everything i wrote before commenting.
The new classes are needed to bring more variety to this game, and i already wrote about the growth and customization but you didn't read. Also i didn't finish to write everything because i need time.
please kill yourselves it's unacceptable to keep a game live that isn't even decent enough to make it life for beta.
3 sec lagspikes, fix your !@#$ing servers.
blizzard is really making a name for it self the last couple of years and it isn't a good one.
03/02/2017 07:23 AMPosted by KyubiVal
NINJA
It would be a whole new class for the Diablo world, but I think it could be done and well fitting,

lol just lol sorry. ahahahahah.
I won't be surprised if they add it in the game. It would be hilarious since I see this game as a Clicker Heroes clone with Dragon Quest 3 effects. Surprised it didn't have imaginary anime moves in it where you sound your "ancient techniques" with most possible rough japanese accent served with a loud spread of spit and saliva.

Some of you should quit watching anime and read the lore for once. Assassins are the closest thing we have to a "Ninja" and it's now mashed with Demon Hunters already. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard want to cater the anime followers but that'd be just pitiful in my opinion. Amusing but pitiful.

edit:
I don't intend to bump to thread again. When Blizzard added Pandas no one gave a heck, it didn't fit the lore at all. Now along 20 years of lore we never heard the word "Ninja", and we're getting it now? And it's a 2 main stat character instead of one because Ninjas always agile and smart too? Fine... Saying it's something Blizzard can't do would be provoking them and I for one, don't wanna see Pandariens in Diablo universe.
Disregarding all, adding Ninjas in would be just an effortless advertisement. An AAA title like Diablo 3 should be seperated from MOBA titles or cheap phone games in my opinion.

It's not like Diablo franchise had any sort of "dark-horror-theme" to begin with afterall. All D3 had was shiny effects and big numbers, I say why not? We can have people name their Ninjas after DragonballZ characters that'd be fun. We'd have lots of Goku around. People will say; "oh hey my Goku hits 8.9 billion damage average", and others be like "that's not OVER NINE THOUSAAAANNNNDDDD".

I say thee welcome to some NEVER-revealed-before lore of a "fanfiction". It's not like we have enough martial artists like Monk and Assassiner or trap laying sinisters like Demon Hunter and Assassiner again. We sure needed another martial artist with trap laying skills in Diablo 3 because apparently DH, Assassiner or Monk sucked. OR is it because some animefan can't get into the lore?
Clearly. We played Assassiner for near damn 20 years and just NOW, it's NOT fitting. Because someone felt the urge of sticking a traditional present day legacy through a country's history to a fantasy game which stood a reliable distance from them besides give small touches. Get your eyes checked or read the damn lore, Animefan32449. See you in Diablo 4, not in D3.
Best thing they could do is squash all the numbers. True Diablo can't happen when few items rule everything, and 99% of gear is trash.
03/04/2017 07:32 AMPosted by naksiloth
03/02/2017 07:23 AMPosted by KyubiVal
NINJA
It would be a whole new class for the Diablo world, but I think it could be done and well fitting,

lol just lol sorry. ahahahahah.
I won't be surprised if they add it in the game. It would be hilarious since I see this game as a Clicker Heroes clone with Dragon Quest 3 effects. Surprised it didn't have imaginary anime moves in it where you sound your "ancient techniques" with most possible rough japanese accent served with a loud spread of spit and saliva.

Some of you should quit watching anime and read the lore for once. Assassins are the closest thing we have to a "Ninja" and it's now mashed with Demon Hunters already. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard want to cater the anime followers but that'd be just pitiful in my opinion. Amusing but pitiful.

I'm here for bringing new ideas and concepts that could help the game, not for trolling and laughing about them without thinking about something new.

I already explained why i think the Assassins won't fit very well in the Diablo 3 roster. Their martial arts aspect was taken by the Monks already, and their traps by the Demon Hunter. It would be too repetitive bringing a class that does the same things.

Ninja is a famous traditional Japanese warrior with a lot of lore to build upon. It's not an anime invention or thing. The same as the Monks are inspired by traditional Asiatic fighters from China/Tibet. The only pitiful thing here is your childish reaction.