error 1016 is killing all my toons

Technical Support
Haven't played for YEARS
came back to tinker around see if anything has improved not even trying for any high grs

but im getting these random dcs, its not even my internet as everything is working fine. I get booted and i load up websites and everything is fast. These random dcs are random as hell some day it wont happen the whole day and then all of a sudden you just get instantly booted from the game.

then there is this error 1016. It just boots you out of the game even when your toon is in the middle of an action. Try to log back in instantly because I only play hardcore and it gets stuck at retrieving hero and it says fail to retrieve hero after like 20 seconds of being stuck there. Log back in finally and toon is dead.

First day I come back and my wizard gets killed from error 1016. A few days later my dh gets killed by 1016. Now that I recall none of my toons ever die from a legit death. All my toons either die from d3d error, random dcs, and now this error 1016.

Trying to get back into the d3 groove and I just get horribly slapped in the face. Just so hard to love this game. Was thinking of purchasing necro "dlc" but I'm prob going to regret it horribly later on.

JUST PLEASE FIX YOUR !@#$.

playing on 64 bit, rolled back to 32 bit did all this other performance fixing crap port forwarding even changing network packets to not bundle up. Nothing works to get a stable game going. This is the only game I get these problems. I played Evolve, Left 4 dead 1 & 2, Dead By Daylight(this game is known to be buggy as hell, but way better than these dc problems from d3), magic the gathering, so many mmos like black dessert, league of legends, etc. None of these I ever have any dc problems whatsoever. No joke. No d3d errors. I'm playing on a dedicated pc that only has games installed, I don't even surf the web on this pc. It's on wire'ed connection. The kicker is I have all these games running on max'ed out settings as well, but for diablo 3 I have to have lowest settings just from fear it has to do with performance that I'm getting these disconnect errors.

So yea after 3 years stopped at 2014 came back at 2017, FIX YOUR %^-*, so fed up, game could of been GREAT! LIKE REAL GREAT.

Necromancer dlc out of the question now, uninstalling this, just too tired trying to love this game.

May you have better endeavors in the future, in diablo 4, maybe.
For someone that seems to know a lot of networking items. Error 1016 is an error where blizzard cannot reach you. If you search 1016 in google, there are a lot of applications that relate to this error. And most of the resolution is user side issues. Firewalls, both software and routers, Port blocks and such.

But you know, you are the ONLY one having this issue currently so it is obv not blizzards servers or bandwidth, otherwise everyone would be having the issue... Nice try placing blame, but try again.
im not the only one having this problem. Yes I did search google there are various posts about this which 3/4 leads me to 404 page not found. Threads getting deleted? The one that does work is another person having the same problem but the thread has no replies.

regarding a lot of applications with this error I don't know what you are talking about as those errors are not similar to diablo 3's error 1016.

I think we are all beyond the point of playing the blame game as this game is old and either way my post will not affect this game whatsoever. So I don't know what you are trying to insinuate.

Also I never said I knew a lot of "networking items" whatever that means. I just simply did some searching on how to maximize my connection and performance with diablo 3 and applied all the options I can find, which seems to not help with this issue.

Go look in technical bug thread as well I'm not the only person having this problem.
Show me 1 CURRENT post with 1016 errors on this forum... and well I see 1, yours. Not to mention twitter is clear of any 1016 error too for blizzard... Ill say it again, This is a single user issue which means, it is on your end somewhere. Not sure exactly where, but general forum is not the best place for this. Try posting up in the Technical issue forum. Support is more likely to be found there.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753637526
here's one 3 hrs ago

u have 3469 posts
get a life u !@#$ty troll
There is a message RIGHT on the blizzard app that they are doing live maintenance and their twitter feed that there will be disconnects.
The only troll here is the one using profanity and insulting others. Two people does not mean a major server or game issue. We get hundreds of posts within a few hours when the game has problems. Our major issue right now is the EU players being force logged in to the Americas where they have no characters. There are, of course, over 100 posts about it within the past 24 hours. This is not one of them. If you don't want to trouble shoot though, good luck.
yea im done

apparantly a mvp technical support can just hijack a thread and also derail a legitimate error is allowed. i think i done enough trouble shooting on my end thx anyways

good day
03/22/2017 03:27 PMPosted by Myou
here's one 3 hrs ago

u have 3469 posts

And just like that no one wants to help you anymore.
03/22/2017 03:36 PMPosted by Zepp
03/22/2017 03:27 PMPosted by Myou
here's one 3 hrs ago

u have 3469 posts

And just like that no one wants to help you anymore.

that's funny because i don't think i have ever got any help to begin with
and besides i already uninstalled
03/22/2017 12:58 PMPosted by kwittstruck
But you know, you are the ONLY one having this issue currently so it is obv not blizzards servers or bandwidth, otherwise everyone would be having the issue... Nice try placing blame, but try again.
Wrong. Since downloading the 2.5 patch, I have had several Error 1016 disconnects, the first time ever in the game, and I emphasize that before this patch, I have never seen an Error 1016 in the last 5 years of gameplay...

PS: But yes, they may have been caused by behind the scenes live patching after the fact...
Same problem here. I cant even play 20 mins... log out, error 1016, what could it be?
03/23/2017 05:03 PMPosted by Akiron
Same problem here. I cant even play 20 mins... log out, error 1016, what could it be?

I have gotten kicked several times today - most of it due to Comcrap in the Mid Atlantic going down. Others were due to a 5am-9am maintenance that Blizz did. If you still have issues something in your connection is failing between you and Blizz. Keep in mind you take different routes to each server so game1 can be fine and game2 have issues.
Blizz should close their businesses and become a political party, they would be great at it! The way that the problems/blame is always the middle man/ISPs/routing paths or the user, never their problem...

It would be funny if it was not sad
03/23/2017 05:32 PMPosted by Petrus
Blizz should close their businesses and become a political party, they would be great at it! The way that the problems/blame is always the middle man/ISPs/routing paths or the user, never their problem...

What is sad is when people don't understand how the internet works :(

When it is YOU - all your websites are down
When it is your local ISP - all your websites may be down as well
When it is your ISPs second level - only sites impacted by down hardware are impacted
When it is the third party backbones - only traffic routed that way is impacted
When it is Blizzard or their ISP - every single gamer is impacted.

Note that the two extremes are really easy to figure out but that the 10-15 hops in the middle are not.
This may or may not be related, but I've been having bizarre DC issues for the last couple of weeks.
I only seem to get disconnected when I'm porting back to town after completing a rift or a set of bounties to claim the reward.
Very strange. In game latency is green, porting in game works.
It's almost enough to convert me to a conspiracy theorist.
03/23/2017 05:53 PMPosted by MissCheetah
03/23/2017 05:32 PMPosted by Petrus

What is sad is when people don't understand how the internet works :(

When it is YOU - all your websites are down
When it is your local ISP - all your websites may be down as well
When it is your ISPs second level - only sites impacted by down hardware are impacted
When it is the third party backbones - only traffic routed that way is impacted
When it is Blizzard or their ISP - every single gamer is impacted.

Note that the two extremes are really easy to figure out but that the 10-15 hops in the middle are not.

You are so rude trying to demoralize me... What in my comment makes you an expert on what I know or not? Specially assuming I do not understand the internet? You should have more composure and try to be more polite...

My comment was made on a business point of view, which is: If you claim to provide a service available 24 x 7 and online only everywhere, you better do it.

The multinational I work for could blame a lot of third parties for the problems our customer have and claim that our servers and services are on and working, that the problem is elsewhere...

But we assume responsibility for the customer not being able to access our services as it is our responsibility to provide it, make it available and find a solution if the customers are unable to access it.

I have read a lot of threads regarding DCs over the years and Blizz always claims that although the servers are unreachable, they are up and running, so not Blizz responsibility although you claim you provide 24 x 7 service online everywhere. Hence the comparison with politicians.
Why do so many people assume that Miss Cheetah works for Blizzard?
She is just one of us albeit with a green text.
She is allowed to get just as ticked off by sarcastic, facetious, or straw man arguments as any of the rest of us.
03/23/2017 06:54 PMPosted by yessquire
She is allowed to get just as ticked off by sarcastic, facetious, or straw man arguments as any of the rest of us.
LOL - Go get 'em, MissCheetah!

https://youtu.be/j3T8-aeOrbg
03/23/2017 06:54 PMPosted by yessquire

One more expert of what I know or not. Where in my comment I said that she works for Blizz? I know that she does not work for Blizz.
Maybe she is assuming she works for Blizz, not me...

03/22/2017 03:32 PMPosted by MissCheetah
We get hundreds of posts within a few hours when the game has problems. Our major issue right now is the EU players being force logged in to the Americas where they have no characters.

It's only my opinion that if someone tries to speak for Blizz like she does, she should be polite... for trolls, we already have a lot... no use for one more with green letters and a title...