MH Wiz: Hydra + Other, other skill no proc MH

Bug Report
When using Hydra + some other skill such as:
  • Hydra + Disintegration wave
  • Hydra + Static Discharge
  • Hydra + electrocute

Hydra MH procs interrupt and take priority over other MH procs, preventing other procs from occurring.

My test below was single target, but i'll also link xTonyJ's video, which is multi-target, and the same issue is apparent.
03/07/2017 09:38 PMPosted by Cratic
Tested Disintegration Wave (Archon Beam) in combination with Lightning Hydras:
  • https://youtu.be/mV82QmtQar4

Seeing very few (or zero) procs from Disintegration wave when used in tandem with Hydras.

These two skills are conflicting in some way. Seems as if Hydra paralysis is preventing DW from proccing as much as it should be able to.

DW does not appear to work at it's highest potential on single target when used together with Hydra.

At first I thought they might be vying for control of paralysis on the target but based on the number of procs, I'd say Hydra is taking precedence, and preventing DW from proccing.

xTonyJ's combination test:
  • https://youtu.be/9Tp5ooCT4mc
Fix pls!
Hail... No, make that Fail Hydra!

Tested this last night and noticed the same. Wondering how PTR testers like Zhanji, Bear and Troupster pulled it off in their vids.
03/22/2017 11:52 AMPosted by asoong

Tested this last night and noticed the same. Wondering how PTR testers like Zhanji, Bear and Troupster pulled it off in their vids.

I believe those videos were taken before the channelling proc nerf.
Wondering how PTR testers like Zhanji, Bear and Troupster pulled it off in their vids.

Zhanji, Bear, and Troup did a good job putting together some pretty strong builds, and testing early. I can't tell for certain, but it looks like their videos show the same issue, it's just hard to see.

The Hydra still deals tremendous Single target damage, even with this buggy sort of interaction going on, which was really the focus of their test builds anyway.

Note also that in some of the rifts, (like in my testing) they got bad rifts, but still cleared them so they could get a boss attempt in. This often resulted in going past the timer, but it didn't matter since all they were looking for was to time the STDPS on the RG.
03/22/2017 01:54 PMPosted by Tee

I believe those videos were taken before the channelling proc nerf.

We tested post nerf as well as on live servers. We just did a 112 no problem with the build, the boss died in 1:36.

We will be posting a How to Rift Guide in a few days with the footage, but I can link you to our clears where we tested AFTER the nerf.

Yes the spells aren't working 'correctly' but no, they don't need a buff.

If Blizzard were to fix them, Wizard damage would be way too high. Most things in Diablo don't work correctly.

Here is a link to the writeup where we tested after the nerf: https://troupster.com/lightning-hydra-wizard-viable-dh-is-back/

And this is our recap where we tested multiple classes (again after the nerf):
https://troupster.com/lightning-hydra-wizard-best-build-season-10/
Just found out about this problem earlier and my searches led me to this thread. My monk buddy and I noticed that my DW was not proccing MH the way it should so I tested it without casting hydra and it procced.

So my question is how can we manage this "bug" and make DW proc with hydra?
OK, tried the build again tonight and just kept getting squished. What's the optimal time to lay down your hydras? Right before going into archon or right after or both?

Mostly tried before since that's my normal rotation with standard lwiz build. Noticed that I didn't do any damage during the Tal phase and my archon stacks rarely got above 60 each. Hydras mostly hit trash but nothing seemed to die.

Tried after archon without having hydras out the previous cycle so I could build up some stacks. Noticed a 140 stack and saw my hydras going nuts! But, I wasn't in archon and only had one swami stack so probably wasnt doing much damage.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Oh that's why my beam got less proc from MH while hydra is up engaging mobs lol.
03/23/2017 01:01 PMPosted by Porkie
Just found out about this problem earlier and my searches led me to this thread. My monk buddy and I noticed that my DW was not proccing MH the way it should so I tested it without casting hydra and it procced.

So my question is how can we manage this "bug" and make DW proc with hydra?

Don't cast hydra until
1) low density of like 1 elite and small low hp trash
2) the RG fight

03/23/2017 11:10 PMPosted by asoong
OK, tried the build again tonight and just kept getting squished. What's the optimal time to lay down your hydras? Right before going into archon or right after or both?

Mostly tried before since that's my normal rotation with standard lwiz build. Noticed that I didn't do any damage during the Tal phase and my archon stacks rarely got above 60 each. Hydras mostly hit trash but nothing seemed to die.

Tried after archon without having hydras out the previous cycle so I could build up some stacks. Noticed a 140 stack and saw my hydras going nuts! But, I wasn't in archon and only had one swami stack so probably wasnt doing much damage.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Right before, but if pushing high tiers, don't use them until the two scenarios I describe above
yes this bug is bad...
we play only with hydras on bossfight... realy? :>
FIX IT
In my own testing and seeing other posts and what Hydras/DW do in GRs is disturbing.

I hope there is a bug or something, as it seems rather silly to cast DW Away from RG while hydras are up, or in a dense pack you cant use both Hydras and DW at the same time, as it appears one cancels/reduces others damage.

Bug or intended, or did I miss the committee meeting on why we can't use Hydras and DW at the same time?

If intended, it would be one of the biggest fails next to the Barber fiasco.
03/27/2017 09:40 AMPosted by REAPER
seems rather silly to cast DW Away from RG while hydras are up

There's no need to point it away. Hydra takes procs away from you, not the reverse. Blast the RG with the beam while the hydras do their thing.
For solo, this is really really bad and explains why I could come no where near my solo max of 94 with the hydra build. But for group this really doesn't change much. You're there to roflstomp the RG which still happens or the difficult yellow elites which still happens, the build was always bad for the rest of the rift.

Hell I did 90 runs with my DMO and cleared trash waaaaaaay faster than a hydra lightning archon could dream of, then when the boss fight came I'm like okay you can take over now.

So this bug isn't as crippling as you'd think in real world 4 man meta, but yes we could very well be limiting our solos by a few GR levels right now for certain, needs to be addressed sooner than later.
did they fix the bug so faar?
Nope. Still broken
I hope this is intended bug, wiz would be way too overpowered if they fix this (crazy aoe dps & single target dps in 1 build)
If intended, it would be better to have the opposite: When DW and Hydra are up, DW processes Manald instead of hydra.
That could have sense. Please Fix at least with this solution.
Bump.
Wiz dead for Meta because blizz never fix sonething during Season