Wrong region/Missing Characters 3/21/17

Mac Technical Support
Hello all,

We have been seeing an issue where Diablo III will log in to a different region's server then the one selected. For you example the Americas server is selected but the game logs in to the Europe server. We are working on getting this fixed. In the meantime, we do have some workarounds that will help get logged in to the correct server.

1) After logging into the wrong region, go to the character creation screen. This should be default if there are no characters in this region.
    2) Click on the Back button in the lower left-hand corner. This should take you to the login screen.
    3) Click on Options on the left side and then Account.
    5) Make sure the correct region is selected in the drop down menu then press Accept.
    6)Log in to Diablo III

If the above does not help try the steps here.
    1) Close the Blizzard application.
    2) Locate the Diablo III application. Most likely in /Applications/Diablo III
    3) Open the terminal and write: cd /Applications/Diablo\ III/Diablo\ III.app/Contents/MacOS/ May need to change the path if the game folder is located in a different folder.
    4) Then write: ./Diablo\ III -launch
    5) Change the region in the login menu.
For Europe server players, there's a whole thread on this issue:
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/17615065787

The post from Blizzard's Agent Kraykore specifically adresses Mac users:
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/17615065787#post-17

I prefer a generic solution, one that was developped last January when we had this issue... as far as I can tell, it works both for Mac and PC users. An added benefit is it keeps the Battle Net app in the picture so updates can still install when they are released. See https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/17614792246?page=3#post-47
All my heroes are gone...can't fix it. I hope you can bring back all my hero :(
Same issue here, the fix dont work for me :(
doesn't work
tried both ways and still can't connect the European server ... only the Americans
03/23/2017 07:47 AMPosted by Eloemaz
Hello all,

We have been seeing an issue where Diablo III will log in to a different region's server then the one selected. For you example the Americas server is selected but the game logs in to the Europe server. We are working on getting this fixed. In the meantime, we do have some workarounds that will help get logged in to the correct server.

1) After logging into the wrong region, go to the character creation screen. This should be default if there are no characters in this region.
    2) Click on the Back button in the lower left-hand corner. This should take you to the login screen.
    5) Make sure the correct region is selected in the drop down menu then press Accept.
    6)Log in to Diablo III

3) Open the terminal and write: cd /Applications/Diablo\ III/Diablo\ III.app/Contents/MacOS/ May need to change the path if the game folder is located in a different folder.
season daki karekterim kayboldu ve advenc kısmına giremiyorum neden bana yardımcı olurmusunuz sonuçta para verdik oyunu alıyoruz fakat tam oyunun zevkine varacaz tekrar başa dönüyorum bu 2. defa oldu lütfen buna bir çare!
We have the same problem, when logg in all our 70s are gone is like they never existed, the only thing left is a lvl 4 char. Paragon points are no where t be found and there is no option to recreate characters, so is really like they never existed.
server has been checked as well, as the tips on this site but still not working.
Created a ticket and hope bliss help us with this major issue.
03/24/2017 12:20 AMPosted by JORDANMD
All my heroes are gone...can't fix it. I hope you can bring back all my hero :(

Same here. Have to restart all over again.
I tried the steps but its is not working, please fixed this, lost my character as well. Tried all the different region but still not working
This dows not work for me either, all characters are gone, and Can't login into Europe, only americas..... tryed this with terminal, and even if I have deleted Battle.net app completly it, anyways need to be installed.... sucks...
Aint able to select the EU-servers and I'm sorry to say that nothing of this is working.

6)Log in to Diablo III

Doesn't work for me, still with the same issue,all my heroes gone:/
All heroes are GONE !!! Only Americas selected whatever region you choose. :((((
Cannot change region in the game !
First method dosen't work but 2nd did like a charm!
03/24/2017 03:49 PMPosted by DenizFatihi
Hello all,

6)Log in to Diablo III

"(1)After logging into the wrong region, go to the character creation screen. This should be default if there are no characters in this region."

But what if all my slots are full?? There is no character creation screen for me!
i lost all my character after the patch and your solution doesn't work
Hello all,

6)Log in to Diablo III

Thx!!! Had the problem, but this solved it!
Same problem here, tried the following steps as described above, also deleted Diablo III, reinstalled it, but I'm still stuck in the wrong region. please fix this bug.