CLIENT SETTINGS RESET BUG (Patch 2.5)

Bug Report
1 2 3 5 Next
Chat settings are reset.
Clan/Community settings are reset.
Patch 2.5 welcome screen keeps popping up.
Hero list is shuffled.

All this about every 2-3 sign-ins. Please fix asap!
Getting this problem too. I believe these settings are saved server side since they persisted through machines.

Blizz please.
It happened again today.

Last night there was a server reboot announcement in-game with a countdown but did not notice anything. Now I know they haven't fixed this problem.
I'm getting this as well. Has happened several times now.
Same here. EU.
ffs...
Happened again, twice today alone. I am going to keep bumping and updating this thread until this is resolved. I am past fed up and now enraged.

Clan members are now reporting missing items in their characters' inventories. Which lines up with similar claims here in the forum. I now have to check every single character in my reshuffling hero list to see if any items are missing. I suggest people do the same if you are experiencing the same bug.
1. Open BattleNet app
2. open Options Drop-down menu
3. Select Scan & Repair

This worked for me and it took less than 10 minutes for everything to get done. Not having anymore issues with resetting menu's, clan settings, although the last GR solo clear message continues to show in the chat box. Other than that, everything running normally now.
03/26/2017 08:49 PMPosted by KingArthur
1. Open BattleNet app
3. Select Scan & Repair

This worked for me and it took less than 10 minutes for everything to get done. Not having anymore issues with resetting menu's, clan settings, although the last GR solo clear message continues to show in the chat box. Other than that, everything running normally now.
I followed your advice and did the scan & repair. After about 10 min, it said there was nothing to repair. We'll see if things get better tomorrow when I sign back on.
03/27/2017 12:13 AMPosted by Bookwyrm
03/26/2017 08:49 PMPosted by KingArthur
1. Open BattleNet app
3. Select Scan & Repair

I followed your advice and did the scan & repair. After about 10 min, it said there was nothing to repair. We'll see if things get better tomorrow when I sign back on.

I don't know if that will help, only because sometimes the problem goes away then comes back. I don't get this every single time I start the game, but it happens more often than not.
I just did the Scan&Repair with nothing needing repair.
After the 1st start, I got no "Whats new in Patch 2.4" screen, clan item filter was still unchecked liek yesterday, but I was in general chat again. I left that chat and exited the game.
After the next start, I was still out of general chat, item filter was still unchecked.
I looked at the player profile from a clan invite to see the name in the list again and exited the game again.
But after the next start, I had the 2.4 screen again, was in general chat, and clan items was checked.
So it seems the game sometimes remembers the settings, sometimes not.
So, Scan & Repair did mostly nothing for me.
3rd time I've gotten this now, annoying as hell getting back to the specific color scheme I have been running over and over again.
same here EU server
Happens to me every day. Quite annoying. Plz fix
the same for me
This is the second day in a row that I've also gotten this. WHY NO BLUE answers? THIS is clearly a bug.
I found this in the support section of Diablo 3
( https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753865437 ) posted by a blue. Perhaps this will help?

In Windows 7,

1. Right click on the Battlenet shortcut.

2. Click on the "Compatibility" tab.

3. Left-click the option box under "Privilege Level" that reads "Run this program as an administrator." (I always choose to do this for "all" users by left-clicking on the "Change settings for all users" button.)

4. Click "ok" and close the battlenet app and restart it.

This seems to have fixed the issue for me. ;)
Book,

A you know, I was having this issue and others (also reported on this forum). Yesterday did the following:
1) Uninstalled all things Blizzard from my gaming machine. Battle.net, D3, WOW, HOTS everything.
2) Rebooted
3) Searched my machine for any and all "Bliz" Folders that were orphaned after the Uninstalls and deleted them and emptied the recycle bin.
4) Rebooted
5) Visited the Bliz site and installed a fresh new game client
6) logged in, made all client changes, reordered my heroes, turned off item spam in clan chat, left general chat.
7) Logged out of the game.
8) Rebooted

Low and behold, all of my client side settings are persisting from session to session now. I am guessing that some save file somehow got corrupted.

Hope this helps.
Same issue here aswell