Gibbering gemstone not dropping.

Bug Report
The item gibbering gemstone does not appear to be dropping
(https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/gibbering-gemstone)

I really wanted one seeing how the Whimsydale seemed buffed i wondered if Whimsyshire would be as well
but 8 hours later i cant seem to get the gemstone to drop
i got all the other ingredients within 2 hours total but been farming for the gemstone for quite a while now and i gave up hope and see if this was a problem for anyone else it seemed to be for some but all post where old,
i havent been able to find any posts about this since 2.5
so i thought i make one myself

i tried many different things:
change difficulty since i had been farming on t7 i thought maybe its too high
i tried multiple runs on normal-master but no luck
then i made a new character did a few runs on it also no luck
i invited friends to help me farm to increase the magic find but still nothing

so i really think this drop is bugged
Not a bug. Gibbering gemstone is well-known to be very very rare.

The Whimsyshire (opened by the staff) has no buff at all. I tried in non-season. Same as before.

I had Whimsydale (opened by rainbow goblin). It is really buffed. I encountered one in S10 at very low level (below 30 if remember correctly). Got several imperial gems, crafting materials, and not to mention gold.
LITERALLY every season someone posts about this.

Yes it spawns. It is rare. It was made to be rare. Just keep trying.
Has anyone actually found it in patch 2.5? I've found it before this season but it was never this hard to get.
it was always hard to get ...
i have my staff since D3 lvl 60 when there were old difficulties .. like Nightmare and Hell .. my staff is Nightmare .. havent managed to build a new one .. no luck.
So stop crying you kids and get your lazy lame noobish and ugly fingers back there .. you wanna it? You farm it .. no one will give you anything for free .. this aint THE SIMS.
04/03/2017 11:41 PMPosted by sh3riff
it was always hard to get ...
i have my staff since D3 lvl 60 when there were old difficulties .. like Nightmare and Hell .. my staff is Nightmare .. havent managed to build a new one .. no luck.
So stop crying you kids and get your lazy lame noobish and ugly fingers back there .. you wanna it? You farm it .. no one will give you anything for free .. this aint THE SIMS.

exactly each post gets this answer about having it on non season already
I got it too but i wasn't that rare back then
so i am just wondering if smarterloot maybe messed it up,
because it is the only item needed that dropped from a monster, so it might still be in the loot table with a 1/(how ever many items) chance that it drops from just 1 monster which would be crazy rare compared to the other ingredients
It drops, but it is very rare.
Lol found it after posting this. I found five pets two vault portals and two rainbow goblins so that's how rare it is. It was in normal difficulty in seasonal.
why is this thing so important? I found one by luck, what does the staff of herding do ?
For everyone saying just keep trying, I've been trying since the game came out. I've tried all different types of gear/difficulty combinations and I have had no luck finding it. So unless I'm doing something wrong, I don't know what else to do. I've spent a ridiculous amount of time just trying to get this one item. Any help (other than "Keep Trying") would be helpful.
04/04/2017 09:10 PMPosted by CMDRWOLOLO
Any help (other than "Keep Trying") would be helpful.

There is nothing to do but keep farming it. There are no tricks or special methods.
This thing isn't rare, it's a myth. And the only people getting it are trolls.
I got it once on normal difficulty.
For what it's worth - I've gotten this item every season. In Season 9 it took me 26 Chilltara kills and in Season 10 it took me 19 Chilltara kills. I've yet to have a season where I wasn't able to farm it and get it (although it does take hours upon hours and can be very discouraging).
The Gibbering gemstone dropped yesterday during T13 bounty (probably 1st Chiltara kill during S10)... RNG is RNG
I got it yesterday...first attempt! Finding Sir William is somewhat harder though...
When I say I've killed Chilltara 46 times without anything, it genuinely hurts me inside. Is there literally nothing I can do to increase chances?
Pray. That's about it. Keep grinding.
I killed Chiltara 242 times but nothing i hate her
Well it MIGHT actually help IF the correct mob ( Chiltara ) would spawn, but it's that other stupid mob spawning ! At least for me. Doesn't matter though, I have the staff on my non-seasonal characters. Not going to spend more gold to buy Wirt's Bell for a seasonal character.