RaeQuake 2: The Overpowering (GR 420+)

Barbarian
In Patch 2.5, Blizzard finally addressed a problem that has been holding Barbarians back for generations:

Bug Fixes
-The Legacy of Raekor
-Fixed a bug where the 6 piece bonus of this set would not buff Earthquake damage

This long-awaited fix opened up a huge variety of totally viable Raekor Earthquake (or, as some impossibly handsome genius once called it, "RaeQuake") builds. But looking at the leaderboards, I see far too many of you still spinning and leaping your way to nowhere. Allow the WordMaster to open your eyes to the way of RaeQuake!

INTRODUCTION

When I first saw the 2.5 patch notes, I initially predicted that I would clear GR 420 with the first iteration of my RaeQuake setup. However, this proved overly optimistic, and I found myself struggling to break the GR 400 barrier. Suddenly, inspiration struck me. I supplemented the build with the bone-crushing might of Overpower and Saffron Wrap, and easily set a new personal best of GR 421! I then dubbed my new creation "RaeQuake 2: The Overpowering". As you may have guessed, this title is based on Russell Mulcahy's seminal Highlander 2: The Quickening, widely considered one of the greatest films of all time.

"But WordMaster", you might say, "If you've really cleared hundreds of ranks higher than any other Barbarian, why don't I see you at the top of the leaderboards?" Well my friend, that's the insidious influence of the anti-RaeQuake mainstream media! They don't want you to know that RaeQuake 2 is the best build that does the best damage. Sad!

Here's my current setup. Try not to be too jealous, even though it's perfectly natural:

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/WordMaster-1125/hero/31864449

SKILLS

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#QSfkTd!icah!ZZYaca

The underlying synergy of this build is a thing of beauty. Earthquake @ Cave-In, Ancient Spear @ Harpoon, and Threatening Shout @ Demoralize help create density so you can grab more Saffron Wrap stacks, turning your Overpower into an absolute nuke. Sadly, even five years after release, Overpower retains its still-ridiculously-too-short range of nine yards, so I've picked the Storm of Steel rune to ensure it hits at least three things. Sometimes. Not always.

The Earthen Might passive generates nearly unlimited Fury so we can keep spamming Spears, which in turn helps us build up Overpower charges. But when Earthen Might isn't enough, we have Unforgiving to help keep our Fury topped off. Rounding out our passive slots are Inspiring Presence and Pound of Flesh, which are both totally viable for a lot of reasons I don't have time to discuss right now.

GEAR

- Full Raekor set. Duh, it's right there in the name! Are you even paying attention?

- Istvan's Paired Blades. Yes, this does mean we miss out on 200% EQ damage from having Blade of the Tribes equipped, but the attack speed this set provides is essential for hitting key Overpower breakpoints.

- Flavor of Time, because that was the first amulet I saw when I opened my stash.

- The Witching Hour helps us hit another Overpower breakpoint. It also increases our sheet damage, and everyone knows that's the most important measure of a build's quality.

- Focus and Restraint. What? I didn't say that everything in this build would be totally stupid.

- Topaz in helm, so we can spam more Spears and Quakes.

- Diamonds in weapons, to synergize with our Nemesis Bracers.

- Amethysts in armor, because WordMaster thinks outside the box.

LEGENDARY GEMS

- Enforcer, because it has the coolest name.

- Mirinae, Teardrop of the Starweaver. Actually, I was wrong. This one's the coolest.

- Pain Enhancer because breakpoints.

KANAI'S CUBE

- Blade of the Tribes to keep the Quakes coming.

- The redesigned Saffron Wrap is the linchpin of the entire build, and a worthy use of development time. That said, if you have a sick Primal Saffron Wrap, you can always wear that and cube Witching Hour.

- Broken Promises. Watch the video below for an example of Broken Promises in action!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTRAagg02s8

CONCLUSION

With the newfound power of RaeQuake and Saffron Wrap, I predict that Barbs will swiftly become the top solo class, and the new group meta DPS. Our only competition in that role will be from Vyr Wizards and Akkhan Crusaders, but RaeQuake offers strong group buffs and pulls which these inferior classes lack (yeah, you heard me Jako).

Overall, I would say that the beginning of April is a great time to be a Barb! Now, get out there and start pushing GR 422!

(̶H̶a̶p̶p̶y̶ ̶A̶p̶r̶i̶l̶ ̶F̶o̶o̶l̶s̶'̶ ̶D̶a̶y̶,̶ ̶B̶a̶r̶b̶r̶o̶s̶.̶)̶ BEEP BOOP
I will surely try this one! Just have to farm the Flavor of time with LpS, Life% and resource reduction, and I'm ready to slap some 180 caldessans and get pushing.
WordM, I really would have hoped you kept this build within the underground Barb fight club.

The truth is out there.

BeenJammin
Obviously this slipped by the internal testing of the D3 team and has now hit the "streets" to reek havoc on the burning hells.
Truly amazing after all these years of micromanagement of builds, skills, runes, and items, they let this slip through the cracks.
Do not have fun with this or else it will be "----ed" by the hammer.
04/01/2017 10:33 AMPosted by KingBenjamin
WordM, I really would have hoped you kept this build within the underground Barb fight club.

After it was matched against the Shermanator, there was no keeping this secret weapon under wraps.

Totally OP, nerf hammer inbound. :-P
Thanks WM for this build. I tested on Unreal Test Realm.
But,
I am stuck at gr 369 and I cannot unlock primal Saffron. Can I cube Sherma temporarily?
Pls help me! I want this Saffron so much!
04/01/2017 12:28 PMPosted by Dragonfire
Thanks WM for this build. I tested on Unreal Test Realm.
But,
I am stuck at gr 369 and I cannot unlock primal Saffron. Can I cube Sherma temporarily?
Pls help me! I want this Saffron so much!

Cube puzzle ring to increase your chances!
Why dude? Why are you giving these secrets away?!?!?!

Man, I'm disappointed.

All the hours I've spend calculating Overpower BP's for you, pissed down the rope.
I paid $1000 for this secret.
There is so much hidden salt in this post.

*Claps, with both tears and laughter*
Guys don't believe this wormmaster. He stole my super top secret gr400 Quakor build and gave it a new name.
04/01/2017 10:33 AMPosted by KingBenjamin

04/01/2017 05:16 PMPosted by TeddyKGB
Why dude? Why are you giving these secrets away?!?!?!

You elitists can't keep me silenced! RaeQuake belongs to the PEOPLE!

(That said, I really do appreciate your report on Overpower breakpoints, Teddy. I was a little surprised when I first saw that it was 300 pages long, but every line was a work of genius. In fact, I think you invented several new fields of mathematics in the process of writing it.)

04/01/2017 12:28 PMPosted by Dragonfire

You can, but you shouldn't. Razor Strop is a far superior choice.

04/01/2017 05:30 PMPosted by Astig
I paid $1000 for this secret.

No refunds!

04/01/2017 08:18 PMPosted by Baconinja
Guys don't believe this wormmaster. He stole my super top secret gr400 Quakor build and gave it a new name.

Your zDPS Raekor build definitely helped inspire me, Bacon. I can't deny that. But I'm unfamiliar with this "Quakor" you claim to have created. I think you've been drinking a bit too much of that bacon-flavored vodka. And yes, that's a real thing, dammit.

http://www.bakonvodka.com/
Great im gonna try this amazing build
Ooooh wait....
Now this is a real build! Not like that outdated 2015-2016 Shermanator build.
04/02/2017 06:46 AMPosted by Jako
Now this is a real build! Not like that outdated 2015-2016 Shermanator build.

Don't be to excited man. I'm trying to get my #1 barb solo back (some noob pushed me to #2)with it and I'm positive there is a bug with Broken Promise not ignoring crits from OP/Storm of Steel. I'm currently testing Monentum for more fury regen. BP chart coming out soon.
Nicely done WM.

<Sticky request stat>

Tip on cubing WH is genius :)
Dat 202% extra gold from monsters...I'm so jelly.
why no ambos pride?
FYI: The EQs triggered by Blade of Tribes+Shouts are not benefiting from Raekor 6P bonus. Only the hard cast EQs are benefiting. The 6P must be applicable to all EQs: hard cast or cast by shouts.

I tried a nice combo while BoD was cubed and FoTVP was used with Seismic slam and bracers of destruction.

Selected EQ rune Cave in
Cubed Blade of tribes
Seismic slam-Rumble
GoG Belt used

Charge charge charge shout shout and group mobs then seismic slam them to death. Damage would be nicer if raekor 6P was valid for the EQs cast by shouts as well. I filed a bug report for this. Now, going back to playing Warcraft 3.

Build for reference: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Prokahn-1764/hero/54081906
Change berserker rage Hellfire with Earthen Might hellfire. I messed up the last skill when I checked it last time.
04/02/2017 05:10 PMPosted by Prokahn
FYI: The EQs triggered by Blade of Tribes+Shouts are not benefiting from Raekor 6P bonus. Only the hard cast EQs are benefiting. The 6P must be applicable to all EQs: hard cast or cast by shouts.

I tried a nice combo while BoD was cubed and FoTVP was used with Seismic slam and bracers of destruction.

Selected EQ rune Cave in
Cubed Blade of tribes
Seismic slam-Rumble
GoG Belt used

Charge charge charge shout shout and group mobs then seismic slam them to death. Damage would be nicer if raekor 6P was valid for the EQs cast by shouts as well. I filed a bug report for this. Now, going back to playing Warcraft 3.

Build for reference: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Prokahn-1764/hero/54081906
Change berserker rage Hellfire with Earthen Might hellfire. I messed up the last skill when I checked it last time.

do you spend any fury to call the shout or cast the eq?
No?
Then it shouldn't trigger