Error 1016, and Very strange network problems recently

Technical Support
I'm having frequent occurrences where the game stops updating on the client side, but still appears to update on server side. It has the following symptoms:

• Monsters will continue doing idle animations
  • I can run around and even use abilities, and other players see me move around firing off abilities in real time.
  • I can even cast portal, and if not interrupted, other players will see me appear in town.
  • If I keep running around, I can encounter abrupt edges where the map ends
  • My framerate will still show high (over 100 fps) and my latency will be green.
  • Eventually, either the game will resync anywhere between 5 seconds and 5 minutes later (and game characters and effects will suddenly burst into quick movement) and the game will start playing normal, or it will disconnect

I get at least a short stutter of a few seconds very often. Sometimes once a minute or two. I've had longer instances (that lasted minutes) as often as twice in a single Greater Rift. I've seen some recover from being non-responsive for 5 minutes, then suddenly burst into being normal again.

When I see an error message, I believe it's always "1016". I've seen it a couple times logging into the games, sometimes when getting dropped from a game, and sometimes when trying to find public games.

Network tests (to other destinations) all seem fine. I get over 200 Mbs Up and Down every test, with pings between 4 and 6 ms. I've even run such tests while in the middle of one of these occurrences.

When this occurs, I'm not suffering any network issues anywhere else. I'm running voice chats that continue to run flawlessly. Web pages are still working. I've had pings run throughout my game sessions, and nothing unusual is happening with my pings and latency when this occurs.

I'm on an AT&T gigabit connection, i7-6700K CPU, 16 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1070 video.

I've rebooted systems. Rebooted routers. I've tried the 32-bit client.

This is super frustrating. I've lost bounty caches and Greater Rifts due to getting dropped from games.
04/06/2017 01:30 AMPosted by NoMan
Network tests (to other destinations) all seem fine. I get over 200 Mbs Up and Down every test, with pings between 4 and 6 ms. I've even run such tests while in the middle of one of these occurrences.
I would like to have you run a connection test using a program called WinMTR to our servers when this happens. To do this just follow the below instructions and reply back with the results and we can go from there.
WinMTR Instructions:
1. Download WinMTR from http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/
2. Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
3. Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
4. Run the WinMTR.exe
5. Type the IP address you want to trace in the "Host" field. If you are not sure what IP address to use, be sure to check out our "Running A Pathping Test" (https://us.battle.net/support/article/7871) support article, which mentions all of our IPs used for troubleshooting purposes.
6. Click on "Start" and then launch the game. Once you notice the connection issue, play for about 5 more minutes, minimize the game and click on "Stop".
7. Click on "Copy text to clipboard" and paste the results into your reply.
This exact same thing have happened to me several times as well since patch 2.5 along with a host of few bugs most specially annoying the client settings keeps reseting and missing legendary gems from aromory. I'm on a 350mbps connection, i7-6700K CPU, 512gb Nvme SSD, 16 GB RAM & GeForce GTX 1080 video but even with that specs my frame rates consistently drops from 100 to below 50 specially in groups.
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| router.asus.com - 0 | 1380 | 1380 | 0 | 0 | 5 | 0 |
| 142.254.128.133 - 14 | 894 | 772 | 0 | 18 | 185 | 18 |
| tge0-0-8.ausutxet01h.texas.rr.com - 9 | 1030 | 942 | 0 | 84 | 649 | 29 |
| agg27.ausutxla01r.texas.rr.com - 6 | 1146 | 1087 | 8 | 18 | 165 | 21 |
| agg22.dllatxl301r.texas.rr.com - 11 | 986 | 887 | 0 | 27 | 163 | 19 |
| 66.109.1.216 - 23 | 729 | 567 | 0 | 28 | 150 | 23 |
| 107.14.17.133 - 12 | 933 | 822 | 0 | 24 | 186 | 22 |
| 66.109.9.151 - 11 | 970 | 867 | 0 | 24 | 186 | 20 |
| 37.244.6.33 - 9 | 1026 | 937 | 0 | 58 | 195 | 61 |
| No response from host - 100 | 276 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 37.244.0.103 - 6 | 1134 | 1072 | 0 | 59 | 198 | 56 |
| 24.105.30.129 - 9 | 1033 | 947 | 0 | 59 | 200 | 58 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
I had the same problem after the yesterday patch. What helped me - I typed in 'netsh winsock reset' in the Command Prompt and then rebooted my computer. Voila
hhmm.. let me try that.. Thanks!
04/07/2017 02:04 AMPosted by Garfunkel
I had the same problem after the yesterday patch. What helped me - I typed in 'netsh winsock reset' in the Command Prompt and then rebooted my computer. Voila

THIS WORKED FOR ME!!!!! GENIUS!!! THANK YOU!!!!
I tried your 'fix'....and I just lost my HC Demon Hunter.
I would like to have you run a connection test using a program called WinMTR to our servers when this happens. To do this just follow the below instructions and reply back with the results and we can go from there.[quote]WinMTR Instructions:
1. Download WinMTR from http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/
2. Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
3. Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
4. Run the WinMTR.exe
5. Type the IP address you want to trace in the "Host" field. If you are not sure what IP address to use, be sure to check out our "Running A Pathping Test" ([url="https://us.battle.net/support/article/7871?utm_source=internal-TechForum&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=solution"]https://us.battle.net/support/article/7871[/url]) support article, which mentions all of our IPs used for troubleshooting purposes.
6. Click on "Start" and then launch the game. Once you notice the connection issue, play for about 5 more minutes, minimize the game and click on "Stop".
7. Click on "Copy text to clipboard" and paste the results into your reply.

I am using Windows 10. There is no file for this version.
Wow nice Blizzard, you said to make own topics for this problem, so I did, and my post got removed from forums after like 10mins. Didnt use bad words, didn't flame, just posted what happens to me. Even checked Code of Conduct where you can see all restrictions what I can post, and only one wasn't metting my post's criteria (duplicated post, but some Blizzard employee said to make our own posts about this issue).

You could at least provide argument to why my post got removed (to PM, email and such). I still don't see a reason to remove my post unless I discovered something you do not wanna people to see.

Anyway if I don't get reason why my post got deleted I guess I should post again (unless 1016 will be fixed).

Long story short, to me D3 game alone is disconnecting my whole internet in house (for everybody, for every kind of device) for a long time, and router reset doesn't help. Even tho I tried many things, nothing fixed issue.
I'm having frequent occurrences where the game stops updating on the client side, but still appears to update on server side. It has the following symptoms:

• Monsters will continue doing idle animations
  • I can run around and even use abilities, and other players see me move around firing off abilities in real time.
  • I can even cast portal, and if not interrupted, other players will see me appear in town.
  • If I keep running around, I can encounter abrupt edges where the map ends
  • My framerate will still show high (over 100 fps) and my latency will be green.
  • Eventually, either the game will resync anywhere between 5 seconds and 5 minutes later (and game characters and effects will suddenly burst into quick movement) and the game will start playing normal, or it will disconnect

I get at least a short stutter of a few seconds very often. Sometimes once a minute or two. I've had longer instances (that lasted minutes) as often as twice in a single Greater Rift. I've seen some recover from being non-responsive for 5 minutes, then suddenly burst into being normal again.

When I see an error message, I believe it's always "1016". I've seen it a couple times logging into the games, sometimes when getting dropped from a game, and sometimes when trying to find public games.

When this occurs, I'm not suffering any network issues anywhere else. I'm running voice chats that continue to run flawlessly. Web pages are still working. I've had pings run throughout my game sessions, and nothing unusual is happening with my pings and latency when this occurs.

I'm on an AT&T gigabit connection, i7-6700K CPU, 16 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1070 video.

I've rebooted systems. Rebooted routers. I've tried the 32-bit client.

This is super frustrating. I've lost bounty caches and Greater Rifts due to getting dropped from games.
Blizzard is a waste of space for not fixing this problem. I willnot be buying the necromancer unless this issue is fixed. What would be the point