Silent nerf?

General Discussion
So last night I was getting spanked and not in a good way.

Until yesterday I could do gr75 with plenty of time left on the clock but last night I failed two in a row and was dieing left and right

Anyone else have this issue????
Are you familiar with rift fishing? Rift rng has a lot to do with being able to complete a rift getting closer to the top of your capabilities.

Speaking of your capabilities...What char are you using? I don't see much in the way of caldesons besides a few on you lon thornsader.
It's not a nerf. It's the RNG of GRifts.
I don't think I have been nerfed :P
03/29/2017 05:17 AMPosted by Spaceghost
Are you familiar with rift fishing? Rift rng has a lot to do with being able to complete a rift getting closer to the top of your capabilities.

Speaking of your capabilities...What char are you using? I don't see much in the way of caldesons besides a few on you lon thornsader.

Just the sader. Yes I understand RNG, but I have ran many GRs with zero issues until last night. I was clearing them in 7-8 minutes before. RNG can't be that big of an issue. Fast clears with zero deaths. To failed attempts and multiple deaths
03/29/2017 06:20 AMPosted by dad

Just the sader. Yes I understand RNG, but I have ran many GRs with zero issues until last night. I was clearing them in 7-8 minutes before. RNG can't be that big of an issue. Fast clears with zero deaths. To failed attempts and multiple deaths

Look's like RNG can be that big, 'cuse it's looking like you're the only one who got this "nerf" :p

Want to know how big RNG can be?

I did a GR 83 in 13min with paragon 680, 0 Augs, Leg Gems at 70-74, and something like 1/2 ancients. (I fished for this b.c I wanted to test the new GR mob density out)

Want to know what my 900+ paragon fully Ancient, Augs 75+ and Leg Gems at 85 ended the season with?
With about 25 tries I was able to do a 87. Only 4 levels higher with 4k+ more Dex and 10+ higher gem levels and better gear.
Did you change gear?

Did you save over something in your armory that CHANGED the gear?

I know I did that. I found a better shield, forgot to save it to the armory.

My sader has three hammer variations saved in the armory, depending on GR, Rift, or Pool hunting. I saved over the GR build, but it only tweaks a few, very important things so I didn't notice it UNTIL I tried to kill stuff.

I suggest doing a gear check if the difference is that dramatic.

Juggernaut elites.
If you were consistently clearing them in 7-8 minutes and suddenly can't do it all, I'm echoing Irish's comment that you likely have something out of place. Especially the part about "dieing left and right".... that really sounds like some damage reduction item or mechanic is missing. Did you swap out a Unity ring or something for group play, and then not put it back on when you started solo rafting?
I did do an armory save. Maybe something changed. I will check

Thanks
03/29/2017 07:48 AMPosted by dad
I did do an armory save. Maybe something changed. I will check

Thanks

Just a more general thing - why are you using Sheild Glare? Do you like it more than Vacuum with condemn? Just curious if you were trying it out, or found it better, or what.

I mostly only use LON for speed GRs, but it was an interesting build.
May not apply in your case but was trying out a new build (DH Impale). Cleared one GR80 with less than a minute to spare, and the next (same GR) with more than 5 mins. So both familiarity with the build and GRNG.
GRift RNG is a !@#$%. Ran an 83 yesterday with an old build and failed by 30 seconds due to crap layouts and RG; had crappy cave map with crappy mobs for level 1 and sewers for level 2. Ran another immediately and beat it in 10:41 or so. This one had the Festering Woods with a quad pack and a dual pack later on for level 1 and the Act V Paths for the second level with Saxtris.

Ironically enough that was good for 500 something on the Barb LB. Meanwhile my LWiz is rank 800 something for a 91 in roughly the same clear time.
I was having trouble clearing the same NS GR levels as my season 9 finish.
Could not figure out why NS was tougher,
Then realized my follower was not eqpd. Make sure you have the follower it makes a diff.
The range of GRs has always been an issue. Luck of the draw complements of the RNG can give you perfectly spaced elites where most are yellow bosses that lay down and die and all 5 pylons appear, with the shield and power right as you get to the RG (Crusader king no doubt) or you get 5-pack blue elites with jailer/arcane beam/spikey frozen things/shielding lightly sprinkled amongst low XP trash that fires all sorts of projectiles of all different flavors at you just to get to the Mallet RG or Perdition.

A toon that clears a GR85 in 10:00 in the first scenario would be lucky to finish a GR80 in 20:00 in the second scenario.

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but the GR RNG seems to be a slow sine wave, where you get a bunch of easy GRs for a while followed by a set of GRs from hell. The best part is that it seems like Urshi can't help herself when you get the latter, and she finishes off your wonderful run with a 0/5 at 90% kick to the crotch.
03/29/2017 11:12 AMPosted by TimeWaster
The range of GRs has always been an issue. Luck of the draw complements of the RNG can give you perfectly spaced elites where most are yellow bosses that lay down and die and all 5 pylons appear, with the shield and power right as you get to the RG (Crusader king no doubt) or you get 5-pack blue elites with jailer/arcane beam/spikey frozen things/shielding lightly sprinkled amongst low XP trash that fires all sorts of projectiles of all different flavors at you just to get to the Mallet RG or Perdition.

A toon that clears a GR85 in 10:00 in the first scenario would be lucky to finish a GR80 in 20:00 in the second scenario.

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but the GR RNG seems to be a slow sine wave, where you get a bunch of easy GRs for a while followed by a set of GRs from hell. The best part is that it seems like Urshi can't help herself when you get the latter, and she finishes off your wonderful run with a 0/5 at 90% kick to the crotch.

this is a nice reply. i found someone thinks like me !!!!
GR's are becoming very inconsistent. You could get very lucky and finish an 85 in 4 minutes and in the next run fail a 75.