SAND DWELLER INSTANT KILL BUG, SEASON 10

Bug Report
So, I tried to clear gr81 with impale demon hunter, I got instant killed by Sand Dweller, not once, not twice, not 3, but total of 4 times in the roll to verify this bug. Note that I got Awareness passive on, and it didn't even proc once, Sand Dweller don't even have Reflect Affix on.
I even survive 3 elite packs together before this fight, and these blue Sand Dweller can kill me with a single hit out of nowhere, and the worst part is, I don't even see the animation that any of them did hit me at all.
Same here, got the bug with a friend of mine while clearing a t13 rift on HC.
Our impale DHs died both instant. It doesnt even say what killed us, just slayn by unknown...
Same problem here.

while playing Hardcore T13 Rift , Proc and Kill in 1 second with impale DH.

Killing by unkown
There´s no bug here.This is just how the game mechanics are.
04/08/2017 10:27 AMPosted by DEATHWISH

What game mechanic let you die instantly and doesnt say what kills you. And we died exactly the same time standing on diffrent places. This has nothing to do with game mechanic.
04/08/2017 10:41 AMPosted by Smie
This has nothing to do with game mechanic.

You don´t even know how things work in this game.
You just copy a char and shoot blindly on everything,without caring what happens on screen and then complaining about things they were known ages ago.

You won´t be the first ,nor you will be the last who got killed by a Sand Dweller.
Not necessarily a bug, but it's a pretty broken mechanic. Sand dwellers (when their shield is up) and dune services (when they spin) have a projectile reflect mechanic that reflects your impales back at you at full dmg so they can insta proc/kill you AND your party regardless of toughness. Nothing shows up in the "killfeed" because you basically killed yourself with your own impale.

It's been around for a long time but since only a few builds are affected it never really gets the outcry that it deserves. If they could reflect all skills, insta-killing everyone, it would have been fixed long ago.
Deathwish, what a stupid statement, "you just copied a char."

Are you playing your own builds or the one that is the strongest?

Not at all matter-of-fact and dubious. Were you personally attacked? Why are you doing it?

How many players play the game as a hobby and are not pro

Do you have to memorize every character and build to get no criticism?

I did not know the problem and I've always played a different class.

And, of course, I was shocked when the Demon Hunter suddenly fell apart after he had not problems with elite groups for hours.

Why is there suddenly an elite group that stands out so differently from others? What is the intension behind it?

Thanks to Bojan for the factual comment,
04/08/2017 10:27 AMPosted by DEATHWISH

This is a known bug since ptr for season 10/patch 2.5. The Sand Dwellers reflect your actual damage when they put the "sand belt" around their waist on. This results in instant death, obviously. Please try to at least know what you are talking about before ignorantly replying to a forum to which you have no factual knowledge of.

By the way, this is STILL happening and really is a pain. When doing high grifts, 90+, where every second counts and you have to skip an entire elite pack (sand dweller pack or an elite with sand dweller adds) and hope they don't follow, it could cost you grift completion - and has. Why is this not fixed yet????
04/19/2017 10:55 AMPosted by Hex
This is a known bug since ptr for season 10/patch 2.5. The Sand Dwellers reflect your actual damage when they put the "sand belt" around their waist on. This results in instant death, obviously.

This is not a bug. This is how it is supposed to work.
04/19/2017 11:10 AMPosted by Thphlstr
04/19/2017 10:55 AMPosted by Hex
This is a known bug since ptr for season 10/patch 2.5. The Sand Dwellers reflect your actual damage when they put the "sand belt" around their waist on. This results in instant death, obviously.

Then explain why it only happens with projectiles and has never affected them before. Until I see a blue reply telling me that's it's always been like that, you are all free to your own opinions. I have been playing since release and never noticed this issue before.
04/19/2017 11:20 AMPosted by Hex
04/19/2017 11:10 AMPosted by Thphlstr

Then explain why it only happens with projectiles and has never affected them before. Until I see a blue reply telling me that's it's always been like that, you are all free to your own opinions. I have been playing since release and never noticed this issue before.

Well then you probably never played DH before.

This mechanic along with the dune dervish spin reflect has been in the game since release. It only affects projectiles, and only certain projectile attacks.

Basically if an attack is affected by the missile dampening affix, it can be reflected by dervishes and dwellers. So builds like cluster marauder and UE multishot are unaffected, but impale, bolas, hungering arrow, etc. are.

The reason it's so noticeable now as well is because of the ridiculous damage multiplier given to impale from the shadow set.

Yes it is annoying but it is an intended game mechanic that has been present since day one, not a bug.
I have also been playing since realease. I have lost many HC DH's to this creature, all were using S6, and all were "slain by unknown".

I found out about this back in whatever season where they first gave out free sets and the DH one was shadow.
04/19/2017 11:39 AMPosted by DatBoiBill
04/19/2017 11:20 AMPosted by Hex

This mechanic along with the dune dervish spin reflect has been in the game since release. It only affects projectiles, and only certain projectile attacks.

Basically if an attack is affected by the missile dampening affix, it can be reflected by dervishes and dwellers. So builds like cluster marauder and UE multishot are unaffected, but impale, bolas, hungering arrow, etc. are.

The reason it's so noticeable now as well is because of the ridiculous damage multiplier given to impale from the shadow set.

Yes it is annoying but it is an intended game mechanic that has been present since day one, not a bug.

I like this explanation much better. I have played a DH quite a bit since release but still have not noticed. If this is truly the right mechanic, why would they isolate just a certain damage type (projectiles)? That really doesn't seem to be solid programming, in my opinion. I would still like to see a blue post confirming this "mechanic" before I will be willing to accept this "selective" programming style. Blizzard seems to always be all for "fair for all players" based, but they would allow a class like DH to be crippled where a class like monk or barb, for example, would be completely safe? This is where my problem believing this is valid comes from. I would also like to have someone give me an example of another class that is affected by an instant death mechanic, such as this, if one even exists. Arguably, you can see my point.
You won't see a blue post. They do not discuss game mechanics with players. If you look at this forum, count the blue posts you actually see.

You may not like the mechanic, but as others said, it's always worked like this.

You are going to have to accept this. It will not be changed because there is no bug.

04/19/2017 01:38 PMPosted by Hex
Blizzard seems to always be all for "fair for all players" based, but they would allow a class like DH to be crippled where a class like monk or barb, for example, would be completely safe?

In other games maybe. Not in D3.
04/19/2017 01:38 PMPosted by Hex
04/19/2017 11:39 AMPosted by DatBoiBill

I like this explanation much better. I have played a DH quite a bit since release but still have not noticed. If this is truly the right mechanic, why would they isolate just a certain damage type (projectiles)? That really doesn't seem to be solid programming, in my opinion. I would still like to see a blue post confirming this "mechanic" before I will be willing to accept this "selective" programming style. Blizzard seems to always be all for "fair for all players" based, but they would allow a class like DH to be crippled where a class like monk or barb, for example, would be completely safe? This is where my problem believing this is valid comes from. I would also like to have someone give me an example of another class that is affected by an instant death mechanic, such as this, if one even exists. Arguably, you can see my point.

First time I noticed it was in vanilla using bolas against Sokar the keywarden. I had Thunderball runed, which at the time came with a stun (think it was 1.5 seconds or thereabouts). He reflected them at me, which chain stunned me and then his mortars killed me. Obviously from then on I used a different set up against him.

The reason you may not have noticed it is because the projectile attacks that are affected have, until now, rarely been used in builds. I don't believe they ever intended it to be a one shot mechanic, it's just now that impale is popular, with the insane damage buff it gets from the shadow set, we are seeing people get one shot.

I don't think you will get a blue post on this, as it is a mechanic that is fairly well known. I am pretty sure that wizards magic missile and WDs poison darts would get reflected, and technically barbs spears should too, but DH is certainly the one that suffers the most.

Back to fishing for rifts I guess...
already reported this at the start of season .. and yes, its a bug ..
when they spin, they kill you just by touching you ... i can also do GR80+ .. nothing can kill me .. but on T10, these morrons still manage to one shot me ..
It's not a bug...

They reflect your projectiles back at you. Your projectiles (impale) are hitting for BILLIONS of damage. Even with 99% damage reduction (which is almost certainly more than what any DH has), ONE billion damage (impale tends to hit for FAR more) would still hit you for 10 million. Do you have 10 million health? Didn't think so.

And no they don't kill you by just touching you. If they did, all the other classes would be experiencing this.

Please stop calling this a bug. It is an annoying game mechanic, but a game mechanic none the less.
04/21/2017 11:45 AMPosted by DatBoiBill
They reflect your projectiles back at you. Your projectiles (impale) are hitting for BILLIONS of damage. Even with 99% damage reduction (which is almost certainly more than what any DH has), ONE billion damage (impale tends to hit for FAR more) would still hit you for 10 million. Do you have 10 million health? Didn't think so.

THIS.
This is a bug? Glad to hear at least that much. It's gotten my dagger DH half a dozen times or so in maybe a weeks time. I just wasn't clear if it was a bug or a newly implemented mechanic. Either way it's been pissing me off and one more reason I will never waste time on a HC character.