So here's what I did

General Discussion
I've been gaming since 1979.
I've poured tens of thousands of dollars into actual arcade games.
I've own about a dozen of them.
I've spent an incalculable amount of money on Atari 2600, C64, Atarai 5200, NES, Genesis, Super NES, Super Famicom, PS1, 2, 3, Gameboy, Gameboy DX, AND PC games.
I've spent an unequally incalculable amount of time playing them.
I spent 5 years playing EQ. two days - 16 hours- raiding the Plane of Hate.
I've PVP'd and raided almost everything WoW.
I actually went to Japan and bought a Sony Pocketstation so I could get 100% completion in FF 8.
I've played in arcades all over the USA and Japan.
I've played shooters, side-scrollers, puzzler, rps, mmorpgs
I've had maxed out charters of every class on Diablo, Diablo 2, D3.
I had pre-1.03 patch dual 6/7 dual leech rings on my barb.
I Beta tested EQ, WoW expansions, D3, Warhammer.
I've beaten every RTS that I can find.
I've beaten every Sid Meyer game.
I've spent hundreds of hours playing everything from Sim-Ant to Sim Copter to Sim Hospital to Sim City.
I've can play Robtron, Yars Revenge and ExciteBike until I physically can't keep my eyes open.

Yet: Today I was defeated by a quest: Unleash Mystic Allies when there are at least 10 enemies within 10 yards of the Monk (5 times).

A quest should be about skill. I have that in abundance. But this one is not.
It's all chance. Every possible commutation and combination of skills, weapons, armor, gems, runes, stats points, paragon, spells meant nothing.

Life is too short to have it controlled by a RNG.

So: To the social media interns who monitor this board: Feel free to print this out and plop it on the desk of whomever designed this:

Hey dorkwad - You win!

A stash tab on my bank isn't worth the absolute irritation of your galactically stupid quest. Even camping Raster in Lower Guk for the EQ monk epic weapon didn't take this much time.

So here's what I did: I printed out your quest on a real piece of paper, tea-bagged it, and then pinned up on my wall to remind myself NOT to let a poorly programmed, ill-conceived, Jay-Wilson-scented quest ruin the fun.

And if you can tell me where the fun is in this quest: I'll take it down, and live-stream myself eating it.

Sincerely,

Me.
So, I am guessing other people have done it... maybe they are more skill full than you?
Youve achieved all that youve listed but fail to beat a set dungeon in D3 ? Cant be.
This one was a bit annoying. I recall having taking off many pieces of gear to nerf my damage so that the allies didn't kill the mobs prematurely. Get far enough ahead that the auto teleport to you, then get your good grouping.

There's a tip/tutorial out there somewhere that helped me out a ton.
Screenshots on everything you have claimed or it's all fake e-peen.
1) Jay Wilson has nothing to do with your inability to complete this. Is he your boogey man for everything you can't do?

2) Adjust your gear so your Mystics don't insta kill the mobs. I found <300K sheet DPS was good

3) Get a friend or two with good AOE (i.e. DH) and have them sit at the entrance

4) Complete the primary objectives

5) Have your friends clean up the stragglers

6) Done. Enjoy the stash tab

ok that's when i stopped reading lol
Helped a friend do it the other day. She did it first try. I was (1 of 2) cleanup with my DH.
04/07/2017 02:46 PMPosted by Telnor
1) Jay Wilson has nothing to do with your inability to complete this. Is he your boogey man for everything you can't do?

2) Adjust your gear so your Mystics don't insta kill the mobs. I found <300K sheet DPS was good

3) Get a friend or two with good AOE (i.e. DH) and have them sit at the entrance

4) Complete the primary objectives

5) Have your friends clean up the stragglers

6) Done. Enjoy the stash tab

You think this guy has friends?
04/07/2017 02:49 PMPosted by PowerCosmic

ok that's when i stopped reading lol

No kidding.
Like that statement somehow is supposed to validate this guy's gaming skills/knowledge.
I've PVP'd and raided almost everything WoW.
I've had maxed out charters of every class on Diablo, Diablo 2, D3.
I had pre-1.03 patch dual 6/7 dual leech rings on my barb.
I've beaten every RTS that I can find.
I've beaten every Sid Meyer game.
I've can play Robtron, Yars Revenge and ExciteBike until I physically can't keep my eyes open.

This and everything else you mentioned just takes time. The dungeon takes skill (and luck). Sorry to inform you bro, but just because you do something for 40 years doesn´t mean you´re good at it. You should be, but idk...

Still, was a funny post. What is EQ btw?

04/07/2017 01:18 PMPosted by Killjoy
A stash tab on my bank isn't worth the absolute irritation of your galactically stupid quest.

Don´t give up on the journey yet, lower your dmg and call a friend, or do the swk dungeon, it´s the easiest monk dungeon imo. I can´t believe you expect to get the stash tab without having at least 5 pieces of swk
I remember camping lower guk for monk, that was hell.
Just because you play a lot of games hardly equates to skill. I know a lot of really below average gamers who have zero issue doing the things you've listed.

Your D3 profile doesn't represent anyone playing this game at a high level.

Believe it or not I hate set dungeons, however, I have done the very specific one you're referencing. It took me less than 10 attempts.