My dh on t10

Hardcore
I love her in shadow set,and she has taken me farther and faster than my wizard or barb. My problem which is the obvious backlash of the set ,considering it does 40k dmg,is that she immediately procs awareness a lot and very suddenly. I've tried to improve survivability with 3 gems for shielding, stagger damage, and gold life return but this seems to work poorly. The shadow form skill reduce dmg and give's life back but even that doesn't stop massive dmg sometimes. Are their other ways to improve survival with shadow set? I have a feeling she wI'll be remembered for her deeds of valorous soon if I don't figure this out going into t11
Elusive Ring. Aquila Cuirass.
you probably shouldn't be doing t10.

You're still missing alot of crucial items for the build.

3 things you can do right away:
1: gemming all white gems. you need all resist and CDR for 100% vengeance uptime
2: use fan of knives with bladed armor
3: use boar companion

But you're missing elusive ring. You are missing cubed Dawn, you are missing cubed aquila cuirass. All of those items are defensive items that ensure your survival.

I may have missed a few things, but you can take a look at my char to see any other discrepancies, my build is fairly optimized.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Toq-1125/hero/75813168
You can look at my Shadow setup just cleared a GR 85 last night and don't proc often unless in higher rifts. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dukus-1259/hero/86930447

At a quick glance it looks like you are still acquiring gear. I would suggest finding and equipping an Elusive ring as soon as possible. Every time you vault you take roughly 60% reduced damage for 8 seconds. It is super op ring especially with shadow set.

You also going to eventually want compass rose & travelers pledge combo.

Next you want a Karlei's point soon. I see you have yours in your cube but in cube you are going to want dawn instead. Dawn with I believe 33% Cool down reduction (I might be a little off) allows for you to always have vengeance up. Vengeance with the dark heart rune increases defense by 50%. So every time it is off cool down you are going to want to use it.

You going to want a chain of shadows belt so you can vault nonstop. Each time you cast impale you can vault freely for 2 seconds.

I would also throw Aquila Curiass in cube as it is a great damage reduction resource. With it, as long as you have around 90% of your hatred your damage taken is reduced by 50%

Once you have some of these other changes made I suggest switching from smoke screen to blade of knives with bladed armor rune. Use it when you in a group of enemies or about to take some damage it also increases toughness by a lot.

When I am full hatred, have vengeance active, plus vault and use blade of knives my toughness is around 550-600 million. The other 3 are almost always on/active but bladed armor down my toughness is around 300 mil. So yea once you have the full build down it is actually quite tanky. But I suggest for now throwing on or in your cube an elusive ring as it will instantly increase your toughness by a noticeable amount.

Edit: o wow you got a lot of responses quick haha.
I've also been in a situation of proc'ing awareness really quickly, even in T10. No sitting around in molton, or ice blasts, or arcane beams. Hatred at full. One just happened a couple hours earlier against trash mobs in a rift. While normally the set feels tanky, on occasion, it feels extremely squishy.
04/10/2017 03:31 PMPosted by BehindTimes
I've also been in a situation of proc'ing awareness really quickly, even in T10. No sitting around in molton, or ice blasts, or arcane beams. Hatred at full. One just happened a couple hours earlier against trash mobs in a rift. While normally the set feels tanky, on occasion, it feels extremely squishy.

You will possibly find that sand dervishes are the cause of this. There are a couple of things that have nasty dps, but in t10 you should be ok regardless, even without bladed armour/aquila/travellers active.
Thanks! Got an ancient elusive ring and everything is sweet now. Thanks for the help!
Dune Dervish reminds me of Blackout from 2007 Transformer movie. Sight of him makes me sweat as he constantly procs me.