Pushing GR70 and Beyond

Demon Hunter
Just want to get some tips on pushing further. I feel like if I pushed it, it'd be possible to hit GR70 (I'm pretty close already with sub-optimal build).
IMHO - dont use the marauder set. Much easier to push with shadow impale. I think was around 420 when I cleared GR70 with S6 imp.
04/09/2017 09:22 PMPosted by Khazul
IMHO - dont use the marauder set. Much easier to push with shadow impale. I think was around 420 when I cleared GR70 with S6 imp.

This. The S6 set with support items is really strong and pretty easy to play. I was lucky and had every item for the build drop (most of them crap rolls, but still had the set/legendaries effects) and cleared GR70 around 250. I would like to claim it was 100% skill, but in reality shadow impale is OP.
The only thing I'd recommend is cubing yourself an ancient karleis. Pretty easy since there's only 2 daggers. Think I completed my 70 at 250-300 using cookie cutter s6. Im almost embarassed to admit I didnt know about the fok armor/passive for additional toughness. I was literally not using a 6th skill.
I completed a GR70 yesterday using the Marauders grenade build - https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Godzilla-1445/hero/87556814
S6 all the way. I have decent gear on my season DH (missing ancient rings, bracer, and chest) and only one item w/level 65 Caldisan and was able to do a GR83 at paragon 600+ with time to spare.
I will put my vote in for the Shadow set as well (it is what I used for my GR70 clear at 400-500p, was in no hurry). Once you get the play style down, it’s downright addictive.
Already cleared my GR70 soon after this post with marauders (I still intend to push) but I'm not sure about the shadow impale build tbh. I get it's strong, but I'm not sure if it would suit my preferred playstyle overall, or at least, would take quite a bit of getting used to.

As it is, I already had a shadow impale build set up, I just need to optimise it to some extent =P
S6 at paragon 700 no augments GR70 is about 3 minutes. UE grenades comes close but requires a good grift. The extreme mobility of S6 (esp with high AS) means there are no bad rifts.
S6 is viable and easiest to push without augments. Done GR80 with only ancient gear was the weapon, sub 500 para and no augments a week back.
04/10/2017 11:04 PMPosted by jtcdgroup
S6 is viable and easiest to push without augments. Done GR80 with only ancient gear was the weapon, sub 500 para and no augments a week back.

^this. I did my 80 at around the same gear/paragon level on HC at that time in like 8 mins. It really is a solid, well rounded build. With the upgrades I've gotten since I'll probably start the push to 90 soon. As far as I can tell, even 85 will be an absolute breeze atm.
I am currently using both. I much prefer the game play of UE but when I want to farm rifts over 65 I go s6.
At what point does UE become viable for clearing my 70? I'm at 550ish if i remember, like have of the gear is ancient. But i find i cant clear time after ~65GR
I just cleared GR70 with Shadow. My advice would be:

Use Shadow if at all possible. The speed with which it can take down the final boss if things are time critical is crazy.

Also, don't just run through hitting Elites. You will die from all the trash that catches up to you constantly. Clear as you go, as much as possible. Lag spikes will completely own you if you don't do this. I had to figure it out the hard way. That may mean a slower clear, but you will still stay well ahead of the timer.

Your fingers will suffer from all the Vaulting and Generator clicking to proc your defensive buffs, but that's the playstyle. UE is much easier to play, but not as much fun, and not as powerful IMO.
My highest for UE currently is 70 (got it by the skin of my teeth). The thing that slows this build down so much is it really relies on decent density and room to maneuver. Shadow on the other had is not restricted and is just an elite killing machine.
Just got 70 in seasons a couple of hours ago with S6. I found M6 to be powerful but a bit sluggish.

I don't think S6 is any better than M6 for doing GR 70. It's just a different style of play, but both are very capable of GR70 in very bad gear. I cleared GR70 6 hours after I hit lv70 this season playing M6. That was at paragon 371. No ancient weapon, no F/R rings or EW set. Didn't even have bane of the trapped yet. Still a clean 1-shot on the rift anyways.
04/12/2017 02:25 AMPosted by TianZi

I don't think S6 is any better than M6 for doing GR 70. It's just a different style of play, but both are very capable of GR70 in very bad gear. I cleared GR70 6 hours after I hit lv70 this season playing M6. That was at paragon 371. No ancient weapon, no F/R rings or EW set. Didn't even have bane of the trapped yet. Still a clean 1-shot on the rift anyways.

In your opinion, s6 or m6 nades has higher potential into the 90s ?
04/12/2017 07:25 AMPosted by TinyCat
04/12/2017 02:25 AMPosted by TianZi

I think M6, UE/grenades, S2/M2, and LoN/FoK all have a higher cap than S6 by at least 1-2 GR tiers. S6 should have the best consistency though since it's a lot less reliant on getting perfect mob types.

I'd say the 5 builds are close enough you should just play the one you like playing.
04/12/2017 05:48 PMPosted by TianZi
04/12/2017 07:25 AMPosted by TinyCat

I think M6, UE/grenades, S2/M2, and LoN/FoK all have a higher cap than S6 by at least 1-2 GR tiers. S6 should have the best consistency though since it's a lot less reliant on getting perfect mob types.

I'd say the 5 builds are close enough you should just play the one you like playing.

What's s2/m2?