Gearing a new lvl 70 char is much harder now

General Discussion
04/06/2017 02:47 PMPosted by V1cV1per
I bet OP is that guy that asks for money and never pays you back

You make a lot of assumptions just because I like to leech low lvl content in games. Would you cry about someone leeching a baal run in D2? No? so what's the difference? Only need 1 dps in a baal run or a t13 rift, and everyone else in the party is irrelevant anyway. I guess you like feeling like you're contributing and you're somehow making a difference? Good for you, but I don't care one way or the other.
04/06/2017 02:51 PMPosted by Dukus
04/06/2017 02:45 PMPosted by GaiusBaltar
Maybe you guys are salty because T13 is like a GR 100 for you. You feel like it's a slap in the face because after all the time that you put into the game, you're still struggling with doing T13 rifts..

zzzzzZzZzZ

It sounds like T13 is that way for you.... hahahaha. Why would anyone complain about not being able to leach off T13 games if they can run it themselves?

Do you know how to read? Please read the title and then come back. How can I run a T13 rift myself with a fresh new lvl 70 character that is naked with no items? Geez dude, do you think I'm going to be a naked ungeared character forever? I'll only need to leech for a few hours or so to get the initial gear needed. Use your brain.
You'd like to think this was a very obvious and blatant troll - but sadly, with the generation of kids playing games these days, I'm sure it's not.
04/06/2017 02:51 PMPosted by GaiusBaltar
04/06/2017 02:47 PMPosted by V1cV1per
I bet OP is that guy that asks for money and never pays you back

You make a lot of assumptions just because I like to leech low lvl content in games. Would you cry about someone leeching a baal run in D2? No? so what's the difference? Only need 1 dps in a baal run or a t13 rift, and everyone else in the party is irrelevant anyway. I guess you like feeling like you're contributing and you're somehow making a difference? Good for you, but I don't care one way or the other.

The difference is that sometimes you get into a game where there ISN'T someone who can carry. Most people can finish the GR for a difficulty level solo but still not be strong enough to solo with 3 other people raising mob difficulty. Leaching is fine if you aren't given the chance to kill things because one person is able to nuke it all, but if your character is not able to contribute at all even when given the opportunity; THAT is a problem.
04/06/2017 02:53 PMPosted by GaiusBaltar
04/06/2017 02:51 PMPosted by Dukus

It sounds like T13 is that way for you.... hahahaha. Why would anyone complain about not being able to leach off T13 games if they can run it themselves?

Do you know how to read? Please read the title and then come back. How can I run a T13 rift myself with a fresh new lvl 70 character that is naked with no items? Geez dude, do you think I'm going to be a naked ungeared character forever? I'll only need to leech for a few hours or so to get the initial gear needed. Use your brain.

You could leech off of your friends instead of strangers, since I run my clan mates through T10 rifts nightly. That also requires having friends in the first place though, so I'm unsure of your standing in that case. Hope this helps.
04/06/2017 02:55 PMPosted by Kyluthe
04/06/2017 02:51 PMPosted by GaiusBaltar

The difference is that sometimes you get into a game where there ISN'T someone who can carry. Most people can finish the GR for a difficulty level solo but still not be strong enough to solo with 3 other people raising mob difficulty. Leaching is fine if you aren't given the chance to kill things because one person is able to nuke it all, but if your character is not able to contribute at all even when given the opportunity; THAT is a problem.

You said leeching is fine if one person is able to nuke them all, okay, so if I join a game and there isn't a strong person like that and I can't leech then guess what I can do? I can leave the game and find a new one! Try a few games until I find a strong person who can nuke them all, and then I can leech just fine, right? See how easy that was? Just gotta use your brain.
04/06/2017 02:57 PMPosted by Kyluthe
04/06/2017 02:53 PMPosted by GaiusBaltar

You could leech off of your friends instead of strangers, since I run my clan mates through T10 rifts nightly. That also requires having friends in the first place though, so I'm unsure of your standing in that case. Hope this helps.

I don't really have friends that I play with. I don't like depending on other people and asking favors of them. That's why I'm not in a clan. I want to be a lone wolf who doesn't have any obligations to do anything. That's why I love public games so much because it allows me the freedom to do what I want, when I want. It's sad that that freedom is being taken away from me though. Being able to leech should be a right under the universal laws of mankind.
04/06/2017 02:59 PMPosted by GaiusBaltar
04/06/2017 02:57 PMPosted by Kyluthe

I don't really have friends that I play with. I don't like depending on other people and asking favors of them. That's why I'm not in a clan. I want to be a lone wolf who doesn't have any obligations to do anything. That's why I love public games so much because it allows me the freedom to do what I want, when I want. It's sad that that freedom is being taken away from me though. Being able to leech should be a right under the universal laws of mankind.

You don't like depending on other people and asking favors of them, but you are perfectly okay with depending on strangers to gear your character for you by leeching off of them. GG buddy you win. Got em.
04/06/2017 02:15 PMPosted by GaiusBaltar
I just realized that just now. I plvled a new seasonal character to 70, and realized that I have no items for it and can't do any grs and I'm stuck to T6 pub rifts. Before I would just hop straight into pub t13 rift games and run around picking up items and mats and shards and have some decent gear in a few hours time.. Now, I can only gear up from spending shards and mats that I farm on my main character. That will take much longer than doing t13 rifts and finding gear + mats/shards with my new character. I'm not going to stoop down to T6 and get 1 legendary per rift and no exp, just a complete waste of time. I did only plan on making 1 character only this season, but the conquests are so bad that I figured I'd do the 6 sets gr 55 one. Making new characters is supposed to be fun and that's what RPG games are all about, but they took away all the fun. Makes me not want to play this game anymore :(

Sooooo you admit to power leveling, and then turn around and throw blame at the game because you have !@#$ gear?! You have %^-* gear because of poor planning not because of the game. Go farm lower T levels and gamble @ Kadal. Or you can quit playing the game and go play in traffic, your call haha
04/06/2017 03:02 PMPosted by Kyluthe

You don't like depending on other people and asking favors of them, but you are perfectly okay with depending on strangers to gear your character for you by leeching off of them. GG buddy you win. Got em.

Yes, because they are under no obligation to help me, or even to talk to me. I'm not bothering them at all. They are simply playing the game and doing a public rift and they won't even notice that I'm there. That's completely different from asking someone to take the time out of their day to personally play for you and gear your character. Sorry, but you can't compare the two.
04/06/2017 03:03 PMPosted by DBrown
04/06/2017 02:15 PMPosted by GaiusBaltar
I just realized that just now. I plvled a new seasonal character to 70, and realized that I have no items for it and can't do any grs and I'm stuck to T6 pub rifts. Before I would just hop straight into pub t13 rift games and run around picking up items and mats and shards and have some decent gear in a few hours time.. Now, I can only gear up from spending shards and mats that I farm on my main character. That will take much longer than doing t13 rifts and finding gear + mats/shards with my new character. I'm not going to stoop down to T6 and get 1 legendary per rift and no exp, just a complete waste of time. I did only plan on making 1 character only this season, but the conquests are so bad that I figured I'd do the 6 sets gr 55 one. Making new characters is supposed to be fun and that's what RPG games are all about, but they took away all the fun. Makes me not want to play this game anymore :(

Sooooo you admit to power leveling, and then turn around and throw blame at the game because you have !@#$ gear?! You have %^-* gear because of poor planning not because of the game. Go farm lower T levels and gamble @ Kadal. Or you can quit playing the game and go play in traffic, your call haha

Farm lower T lvls? After doing T13 on my main character, there's no way that I can go back down to T6. The legendary drop rate and exp rate is so much lower that it's not even funny. Making a new lvl 70 character nowadays is literally like starting over with a new account all over again. How is that fun? I already went through that once at the beginning of the season with my main character. Why do I have to do it all over again just because I want to play the game and make new characters? I thought we should be encouraged to make new characters and try fun new builds. I'm not encouraged, and I'm strongly discouraged to do it now. Thanks blizz, you made the game real fun for me! Not!!
04/06/2017 03:04 PMPosted by GaiusBaltar
04/06/2017 03:02 PMPosted by Kyluthe

Yes, because they are under no obligation to help me, or even to talk to me. I'm not bothering them at all. They are simply playing the game and doing a public rift and they won't even notice that I'm there. That's completely different from asking someone to take the time out of their day to personally play for you and gear your character. Sorry, but you can't compare the two.

Yes you can. Because by filling that spot you are then taking away the possibility of a person joining who can contribute to the rift by say, going a different direction to kill mobs that said person hasn't touched yet. This speeds up clearing speeds in T13 rifts and when you take that spot that could be for a person willing to contribute, you are imposing on them whether you like it or not.

Ha. Nope - Can easily solo clear T13 4 person rift. Difference is, my character has done the work to get there, unlike your leeching. And I may not have as high a Paragon level as you, but then again, I haven't been leeching T13 for the past 9 months.

GR's being the only thing that matters is everything that's wrong with this game right now, aside from players with an attitude like yours. I've been playing D3 since the Alpha, & this rift grinding nonsense that's seasonal ladder progression since RoS hit, has gotta go, along with all the toxic kiddos thinking it's a competitive sport to measure the size of your e-peen.

We're playing Diablo. A COOPERATIVE ACTION RPG. Cooperation is a concept I realize that a lot of you kiddos fail to grasp these days... By definition, the entire game is about multiple players cooperating to achieve a goal, meaning someone may or may not be getting 'carried' at any given time, the simple fact that they're in the game boosts monster density, difficulty, & experience by one more player. If you're already soloing T13, with 4 people, you're obviously more than geared enough to either play solo, play with your friends, or accept the fact that if you choose to play public games, you're likely carrying other people you're playing with. It does not, however entitle you to be a jerk to other people about it.

Therefore, either play alone, play with friends, or drop the toxic attitude & accept the fact that it's a part of the game.

We're playing Diablo. It's sad that it's become "GrindRiftsFor3MonthsStraightGodThisBlows."
Boss runs should be end game content & gearing, with people having a good time. Not mindlessly farming mazes as a means of 'gated progression', so a few toxic elitists with no social skills can have something to feel good about themselves for, while they sit back bullying others.

~Chosen Kyrinoz, The Generous
(Diablo 2 - LOD - 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 1.11, 1.12 - Chosen_Faythe - USWest)
- The Chosen - Sanctuary Command
That's why I love public games so much because it allows me the freedom to do what I want, when I want.

But like... that's not the purpose of them. Each public game LITERALLY has a objective/purpose whether it farming keys/rifts/bounties. When your leeching your not contributing at all.

And my comment about you not being able to do T13 is because if you knew how to gear a char to T13 status without leeching then you would realize it is really damn easy to just farm yourself Via blood shards/death breaths. And also that is takes muucchhh less time to gear characters these days than it used to a couple years ago.

Call me old fashioned but just seems like the game already gives so many free handouts already and if you want a character with a certain build you should at least have to grind a little.... Not like it takes an insanely long time to gear a character anyways.
04/06/2017 03:09 PMPosted by Dukus
That's why I love public games so much because it allows me the freedom to do what I want, when I want.

And my comment about you not being able to do T13 is because if you knew how to gear a char to T13 status without leeching then you would realize it is really damn easy to just farm yourself Via blood shards/death breaths.

Actually, I know how to do that, and I described that in my original post.. The point is that it will take longer and it's more annoying to do that. If I got equal about of blood shards/deaths breaths on my main character and my new character, plus my new character was also getting items from the rift at the same time, then the gearing would go much faster.. Leeching mats vs leeching mats + items
04/06/2017 02:29 PMPosted by GaiusBaltar
04/06/2017 02:23 PMPosted by Jrpbulbrook
You shouldn't be able to even leech t6 you peasent

If you need 4 people working together to complete a rift, then you are the only peasant!

If you are in a game where you don't need all 4 people or 3 people DPSing and 1 buffing the party working together, you're in a difficulty way too low attempting to leech gear.

Peasant. Considering it's not you running the "OMG EZ MODE" rifts with everyone trailing you. You admitted you were trailing behind like a dog waiting for scraps. You're even admitting you leech on a regular basis.

Git gud scrub.
04/06/2017 03:23 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
04/06/2017 02:29 PMPosted by GaiusBaltar

If you need 4 people working together to complete a rift, then you are the only peasant!

If you are in a game where you don't need all 4 people or 3 people DPSing and 1 buffing the party working together, you're in a difficulty way too low attempting to leech gear.

T13 is the highest rift difficulty there is, genius. I'm not talking about a GR..
I just realized that just now. I plvled a new seasonal character to 70, and realized that I have no items for it and can't do any grs and I'm stuck to T6 pub rifts. ...

That's quoted from your OP.

I never mentioned T13, scrub. You mentioned being stuck on T6 and leeching and how leeching is perfectly fine.

04/06/2017 02:35 PMPosted by GaiusBaltar
I leech on those characters just because I can. Sometimes I have people much lower paragon than me clearing the rift for me. I've done that since I started playing this game in season 5 and never had any problems. I get kicked a few times here and there, but usually no one cares because the rifts are finished in a few minutes no matter what. Leeching is a legit strategy that works nearly every time in this game.

Quote for your post a few down the first page.

Buckle down and git gud instead of being detrimental to the party you're in. Obviously you're weak if you need others to kill for you because you most likely can't do it yourself.
04/06/2017 03:50 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
I just realized that just now. I plvled a new seasonal character to 70, and realized that I have no items for it and can't do any grs and I'm stuck to T6 pub rifts. ...

That's quoted from your OP.

I never mentioned T13, scrub. You mentioned being stuck on T6 and leeching and how leeching is perfectly fine.

04/06/2017 02:35 PMPosted by GaiusBaltar
I leech on those characters just because I can. Sometimes I have people much lower paragon than me clearing the rift for me. I've done that since I started playing this game in season 5 and never had any problems. I get kicked a few times here and there, but usually no one cares because the rifts are finished in a few minutes no matter what. Leeching is a legit strategy that works nearly every time in this game.

Quote for your post a few down the first page.

Buckle down and git gud instead of being detrimental to the party you're in. Obviously you're weak if you need others to kill for you because you most likely can't do it yourself.

I'm weak? You don't say? I have zero items on my freshly plvled lvl 70 character. Did I say that character is strong or something? Get good? Yeah, I'll be much better once my new char has items and isn't naked, duh.
Lol.

Good troll is a good troll, I give you 9/10 man:)

Did any of you guys who baited checked his profile?:)