Gearing a new lvl 70 char is much harder now

General Discussion
04/06/2017 08:59 PMPosted by Socs
Unfortunately people are not as friendly in D3. It's hard to find a game where people are willing to help you with gear or paragons. I still don't get why people who can do speed run GR 60+ don't let others leech. In D2 there was more friendly and helpful players. Baal runs/Chaos runs :). Gear giveaway games. Power leveling. Now everyone is selfish and competitive and it's only going to get worse with the direction this game is going.

Thank you for the only kind reply in this whole thread. Finally some one with some sense.

I see no reason people can't leech in rifts as long as it's not high gr's. I'm not asking to be carried through a GR 80+ after a few days of season. I thought people wanted diversity, people to play the game and play all the different characters, etc.. Why shouldn't we be helped make those new chars? Plvling is already a thing, so that's okay, but once they are 70, they shouldn't be given an easy way to gear up, huh? Sorry if you guys like wasting time, but I prefer playing the fast and easy and fun way.
04/06/2017 07:32 PMPosted by Steve
04/06/2017 02:53 PMPosted by GaiusBaltar
Do you know how to read? Please read the title and then come back. How can I run a T13 rift myself with a fresh new lvl 70 character that is naked with no items? Geez dude, do you think I'm going to be a naked ungeared character forever? I'll only need to leech for a few hours or so to get the initial gear needed. Use your brain.

So who is the idiotic moron that levels up a character and doesn't put gear on it, even a brand new player that doesn't has have a clue knows better than that

What gear? Rare items? You think I'll be strong then or something? I'll still be useless and need to leech.
Gearing has never been easier. All you have to do is farm mats on your main character.

Upgrade rares on your alt. Farm
2 minute T1 rifts with your instant legends until you finish a set. Now you're doing 2 minute T6 rifts. When you finish a build you can farm T10 and do GRs for gems.

All you have to do is play the game. No need to leech.
04/07/2017 07:05 AMPosted by FreeWilly
Gearing has never been easier. All you have to do is farm mats on your main character.

It's never been easier? Sorry, but you have a faulty logic. All I have to do is farm mats on my main character? Um yeah? Before I could farm mats on my new character in T13 while leeching plus have it rain down legendaries at the same time. Gee, which one is easier? Farming mats + no items or farming mats + items at the same time?

Never been easier huh? No, it was easier before doing it all together in t13 with a fresh new character and there's no debate about it. Whatever, I'm still gearing my new character, it's just slower and more annoying now compared to before.
04/07/2017 03:47 AMPosted by GaiusBaltar
Thank you for the only kind reply in this whole thread. Finally some one with some sense.

I see no reason people can't leech in rifts as long as it's not high gr's. I'm not asking to be carried through a GR 80+ after a few days of season. I thought people wanted diversity, people to play the game and play all the different characters, etc.. Why shouldn't we be helped make those new chars? Plvling is already a thing, so that's okay, but once they are 70, they shouldn't be given an easy way to gear up, huh? Sorry if you guys like wasting time, but I prefer playing the fast and easy and fun way.

The problem is you are not asking people to help you out you are just joining games out of your own greed and just assuming everyone else in the game is cool with it. This is why joining a clan is great. I never cared for the idea of joining clans in SC not really sure why just didn't sound like a thing I needed.

When I switched to HC I joined a clan and it has helped a lot. Having other players to help each other out is really nice. And since you can lose your char in HC its nice to have others to help you out with that quick PL or help farm up some gear. I know I personally have spent a good amount of time already this season helping gear other clan mates. Hell I gave a clan mate 100 free paragon levels yesterday just by having him join a couple of my GRs after I pled him and then gave him the gear I found.

Personally when I join public games it's to do things quickly. I am not there to let players leech off me but to farm bounties/rifts/keys whatever the objective is. If someone ask like "hey I am looking for XXX item can I have if you find" I will probably say yea. But there most likely helping do whatever the objective is. I just haven't seen public leeching in HC so it's been awhile. I was never really that strong when playing SC but I just always hated joining a public game because you never knew if you were going to be the strong player carrying a rift for leechers or if everyone was going to be contributing making the rift or whatever much easier and quicker. Its just a crappy feeling.
04/06/2017 02:27 PMPosted by GaiusBaltar
A rift is easily soloed by 1 person

So go solo it. Or are you a weak person like you call everyone else?
04/06/2017 02:59 PMPosted by GaiusBaltar
I don't really have friends that I play with. I don't like depending on other people and asking favors of them.

This is classic. This troll post is honestly the best I've seen in a long time.
04/07/2017 03:51 AMPosted by GaiusBaltar
04/06/2017 07:32 PMPosted by Steve
So who is the idiotic moron that levels up a character and doesn't put gear on it, even a brand new player that doesn't has have a clue knows better than that

What gear? Rare items? You think I'll be strong then or something? I'll still be useless and need to leech.

goodbye, please close the door when you leave.
You gotta give this guy credit, he is playing Diablo 3 exactly as Gaius Baltar the character would play the game and he keeps on spitting out his !@#$ty ideologies even though no one gives a %^-* about him anymore.