The HC Tough love thread

Hardcore
Shut your whiny !@# ball washer! If I can go push in one week and get a 70 solo, everyone else can too. Tired of all the snowflakes.
I got that awesome heart-in-your-throat feeling last night while farming in my squishy, but obscenely fast build when I forgot about an urzael mechanic and procced. I'm ok with a proc in an 80+ GR, but a proc in a boss fight where you are stuck, and using sub-optimal gear... that !@#$ gets the heart going.
Finally, HC mode needs no extra incentive. It already has a since of pride attached to it, and that is the main reason most of us play it. .

You´re saying you being proud of yourself for playing hardcore is the main reason you play it? And also thinks you have the right to say that the same is true for most players??

pffff
In hardcore, we wipe the tears away with a steel wool brillo pad.

In other words, you wanna cry? We'll give you something to cry about.

Bloody hardcore tears.
04/09/2017 06:50 PMPosted by Tubs
Finally, HC mode needs no extra incentive. It already has a since of pride attached to it, and that is the main reason most of us play it. .

You´re saying you being proud of yourself for playing hardcore is the main reason you play it? And also thinks you have the right to say that the same is true for most players??

pffff

I think I can say whatever I want in the tough love thread.

...and like we aren't all a little proud of our toons? Why pretend like you are not? The only reason to play a level grinder type of game is to make your character super-awesome sauce, then grind some more levels... and rinse and repeat as needed.

PfffffpbbbbbbbbbbbbfffffffffffPPPPBBBBBFFFFFTTTTTTTTTT
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.... It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."
04/10/2017 04:12 AMPosted by Spirited
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.... It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

O my goodness. My lord and savor Spirited! biggest badass UE MS DH of season 9. Maybe ever? o.o. What's mine is yours oh great one!
I recommend doing an Iron Man challenge. Start off on Master, level 1 and make it to level 70. Use only what the game gives you, no crafting, no re-rolls, no paragon pts, no cubed items, no follower, no upgrading gems (you can swap gems on gear). Gives you a whole new respect for HC and really teaches you the most important thing, survival.

If you want an extra challenge - no gems
Godzilla you are correct. . .everyone should, at least once, do an Iron man.

In our clan we call them 'yellow snow' challenges.

You would be shocked at how high you can push with no legendaries, and no sets.

I actually wish this was a conquest.

GR40 no legendaries, and no sets.
---------------------------------------------------
@ Tubs- everyone has their reasons for loving HC. And everyone is right. It does not matter why you play- it matters THAT you play.

If you play HC- then you are awesome. There is not a reason needed.
---------------------------------------------------

If someone comes here whining about something they lost- then they need to have a super-wedgie so big that their underwear can wrap over the top of their head.

Then be crammed in a locker.

We die here. We lose it all and we come back stronger and better because of it! So you lost a day or two of farming gear? So you lost those Lv70 gems. So what? Spend your time farming up some new gear instead of coming in here and crying like a 6 year old girl that dropped her Ice cream cone.
04/10/2017 08:24 AMPosted by Godzilla
I recommend doing an Iron Man challenge. Start off on Master, level 1 and make it to level 70. Use only what the game gives you, no crafting, no re-rolls, no paragon pts, no cubed items, no follower, no upgrading gems (you can swap gems on gear). Gives you a whole new respect for HC and really teaches you the most important thing, survival.

If you want an extra challenge - no gems

I have never done the Iron Man challenge. This sounds really hard actually. Has me curious though and I am thinking of trying it.
This hardcore mode isn't as hard as previous diablo games hc. It's gotten soft.
The way that I look at it, it's like life.

Life is unfair.

You got hit by a truck that ran a red light? Tough !@#$, you're dead. It wasn't your fault, but you're dead anyway.

Same with DC - You are dead. That's all there is to it. No magical being will bring you back to life.
04/11/2017 06:31 AMPosted by TheChemicals
This hardcore mode isn't as hard as previous diablo games hc. It's gotten soft.

I feel like a softy even playing it. I don't see what all the crying about especially on GD boards. Like... I played d3 vanilla and I was murdered by it. I played d2 (was in middle school) and didn't really grasp it. But seemed much harder than current D3 (at least HC mode). I guess just going from those to seeing where the game is now its kind of like "HC is not so bad". Especially the Demon Hunter currently..... Not sure how things were years ago but season 9 & 10 DH is easy mode. The elusive ring alone is like..... wtf is death? Only way I die on DH is d/c or really really mess up badly. So far its been 1 d/c & 1 really really dumb mistake - season 9.

I don't really even get nervous procing in a GR 80... vault = grim reaper can't catch you. Only time I have gotten nervous lately was trying to do my 6th & final GR 55 with a different set running Barb Leap quake. Had no idea what I was doing & missing furnance but damn did that RG fight get intense..... I got to RG in like 4 mins... then spent 8 mins fighting him because I proc'd so much haha. Was still good enough to get me like #535 on barb boards (come on barb mains I know life tough right now but you can try a little). My gem levels were lvl 20 BoT, lvl 0 Gizzard, lvl 4 BoP.
Sanctuary is utterly indifferent to the lamentations of its victims.

Welcome to Hardcore.
04/08/2017 10:27 AMPosted by CaiusMartius
04/08/2017 07:42 AMPosted by Un4gven
http://i.imgur.com/d5BGYyv.jpg

Oh, yes, we need one of these for our own. So here goes: http://imgur.com/gT3RwGc

Original artwork by http://geunjoo.deviantart.com/art/Diablo3-Reaper-of-Souls-Fan-Art-439244773

That was our own, I made it a long time ago. Even uses the Diablo font.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Oh, yes, we need one of these for our own. So here goes: http://imgur.com/gT3RwGc

Original artwork by http://geunjoo.deviantart.com/art/Diablo3-Reaper-of-Souls-Fan-Art-439244773

That was our own, I made it a long time ago. Even uses the Diablo font.

Edit: I totally misread that. LOL. Carry on. Nothing to see here.
To all the softies round here asking for items and characters back, buck up buttercups, lol. My 10 year old daughter plays Hardcore and she doesn't whine when she's dies. Proud Father!
<rant>
I don't know what "the unwritten rules" are, but if you are a paragon >600, I feel that you do not deserve a power level. (at least, you don't deserve one in Non-Season)

I am a [super] casual p350[NS] and I have a set gear specifically for solo pleveling[NS]. (built in in S9)
If you are >p400 and don't have one, go level yourself and than make a self-leveling set. It is you're own darn fault for not having one.

In case you can't tell, I am pissed off.

I just hit 70 in season 10 when I saw a plvl request in the chat. (this isn't a problem)

I was late to the season and I played Campaign (solo) to get to 70 and I liked it!!!!

I'm not complaining about those that just started a season and are requesting a plvl.

I am complaining about that one person who made the plvl request and then, after a few minutes, made the same request!!!!

There is no way I could have plvl'd that person at the time of the first request. But, between the two requests, I gained 15 paragon points. (P0 to P15)

As far as I can tell, that person gained a total of zero(0) experience points!!! .. like... WTF?!?!??!!!!???????

I played for my P15 status. What the H were you doing while I took out Perdition in GR1???

* <---- Brillo pad for your tear.
* <--- 2nd one for the other eye if you realize that I'm talking about you.

I am a [super] casual and I will earn my p100 in this season!!!
Go Level Yourself. (who ever you are.)
>:(
</rant>
MHCGA

I've begun making my own challenge.

Yesterday was the 'Flexoral challenge'

Next up is the "booty-distraction challenge" which I am sure to lose cuz she wears hot pants
04/17/2017 02:18 PMPosted by marmoset
Next up is the "booty-distraction challenge" which I am sure to lose cuz she wears hot pants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QovWJpL-EgU

I miss the Soup