Inna 6/Uliana 4 Holy SSS, formal guide

Monk
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/88763-i6-u4-fulminating-seven-sided-onslaught-94

Since it might get buried in my other topic full of theories and discussion, I'll post this as a separate topic. Excuse the clutter.

I made the rather unorthodox choice of not filling some of the skill slots and one of the passives. Mainly because there's no guaranteed best for those, as I proceed to discuss in the guide. Feel free to leave opinions about that, I'm not sure if it appears "incomplete" without them filled in.

There's like three places to post theory discussions at this point if you include this topic lol.

edit: And excuse the free video editor splash at the beginning and end. I've taken some steps to edit that out with youtube's video editor, but it's taking a bit to process.
Nice job with the guide...very thorough...guess you finally got your laptop? There are only a few things I might consider adding: paragon points allocation- 13% movement (12% from boots)then all dexterity (no vit, or max spirit) and maybe a note suggesting that the vid is from 2.4.3 so it should be substantially easier to clear 90 now. Strange that diablofans does not have any sort of icon for leaving a particular skill open other than blackness, but your guide does show on Google search results so being incomplete is not an issue.

When I get the chance I'll try to figure out a way to get oculus procs more effectively before the main attack....that'll make a huge difference if it is reasonably consistent.
I think Water Ally is definitely one of the better options among those listed for the missing skill slot, especially if going for the Oculus route. The freeze effect should help with survivability from Cold to Holy and it has the same cool down as SSS so it should always be available on Cold rotation.

In your guide you mention dashing into and out of the area but you don't have it on your skill bar or as one of your options for the missing two skill slots. I would go with Quicksilver since it gives you 3 charges, one into the area, one out and one Oh !@#$ one!
Lol the build has more upvotes here than it does on Diablofans. Le sigh. Guess I'm just destined to never have a popular build.

Well anyway, I fixed it up a bit and added in Dashing Strike. Thanks for pointing that out, it's true that you can't exactly dash without dashing strike. Also swapped up some of the grammar. Think it's fairly complete.

04/01/2017 11:15 AMPosted by DIABLO3
There are only a few things I might consider adding: paragon points allocation- 13% movement (12% from boots)then all dexterity (no vit, or max spirit) and maybe a note suggesting that the vid is from 2.4.3 so it should be substantially easier to clear 90 now.

Well the 12%/13% movement due to the 25% paragon/gear movement cap I thought was kind of common knowledge by this point but it's true that some people don't know it, I'll consider adding it. I did add in that you did that 90 run in 2.4.3. That's a valid point.
The only real point I was trying to make is to put all the of points into dexterity for max damage (with exception of movement speed)...so people don't waste on max spirit; pretty much all of the other effective monk builds I've tried I go max spirit. I suppose the movement speed is self explanatory for most people that have played the game.
Fair enough, I've added a short paragon section.
04/01/2017 06:38 PMPosted by StoleOwnCar
Lol the build has more upvotes here than it does on Diablofans. Le sigh. Guess I'm just destined to never have a popular build.

I sometimes feel the same way. The main reason I think my original Uli-Inna build was so popular on diablofans was because I linked it in Wolfcryer's YouTube video about plans for season 9 before season 9 started. Everything I had ever posted on that site had at most about 3000 views or so and that build has over 86,000!
@StoleOwnCar:

I have update photo for your guide...should read grift 95+ now:

http://s1221.photobucket.com/user/AquaSox1/media/Screenshot017.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Changed some skills and dug all my best equipment up from inventory. Augments are all at 95+ for the ancient pieces I have; still have 4 non-ancients but those are the ones most suitable for the build...will be a challenge to find ancient versions of those. Anyways I swapped Blinding flash FiL and Relentless Assault for Ephiphany Desert Shroud and Unity, respectively. (I think you have put this alternative in your guide already, but I thought it would be worthwhile mentioning what skills I had used.) Only died once...ephiphany helps enormously...especially on things like spear chuckers or anything that shoots projectiles.

If you get open maps you can draw 3 or more elite packs into death balls and clobber them when you get set up....literally was almost like 5-6 mins ahead on Festering woods...had mediocre floor next, but retained 5 min advantage all way to boss. Finished with about 1:27 on Eskandiel. Running Desert Shroud...one could possibly get away with swapping some or all diamonds for emeralds on armor and/or using BoP as well to squeeze every last once of dps out of it.
I think swapping the diamonds out is a stretch. They help a lot. BoP... maybe.

Anyway I updated the pics and stuff. I think I'll keep the passives the same. Choosing to run Unity is a strong option, but it's very ballsy to run it over NDE. Most monks don't push without NDE. Seeing as this is a guide for players to start getting into the build, I think I'll leave it in there. I did in general note down your passives though.
Thanks for updating the guide...currently testing BoP with diamonds...also put in NDE for Unity to keep my xp bonus pools alive....cleared 90 with around 4 mins left and only one death.

Seems competive with LoN at speed clearing lower grifts like 80...5:54 clear with BoP. I think Nemesis bracers could be used to get even faster clear.
Was thinking, since this is a burst build that maybe using Shi Mizus for guaranteed crits would be better than the double damage of crudest, like the LoN DH build. But just for using innas you get like 80k life per second so I guess it would be kinda hard to manage it
While I was hunting for the Lion weapon for the cube. I found a Flow of Eternity. It has an interesting +100% damage to seven-sided strike and reduces cooldown by 60%. So I decided to run that in cube until I found the right weapon and so far it's a decent option due to the large CDR which with my 40% cdr naturally gives frequent SSS. Though I'm a nub by comparison to these 80+ clears however. I consider it a decent crutch until you find the right items.
Hmmm... I've been thinking about this but... DIABLO, how many SSS stacks do you think you're actually getting throughout the RG fight? After playing S6 and noticing how they run without Stricken, I'm somewhat considering that maybe running another gem rather than Stricken might be best. Well maybe not at 95+ like you're at now. At those levels the RG fight probably takes ages. But maybe for common usage. BoP for instance at lower ranks would probably help significantly for both damage and staying alive without really extending the RG fight much. I might add that to my guide.
04/07/2017 09:09 AMPosted by StoleOwnCar
Hmmm... I've been thinking about this but... DIABLO, how many SSS stacks do you think you're actually getting throughout the RG fight? After playing S6 and noticing how they run without Stricken, I'm somewhat considering that maybe running another gem rather than Stricken might be best. Well maybe not at 95+ like you're at now. At those levels the RG fight probably takes ages. But maybe for common usage. BoP for instance at lower ranks would probably help significantly for both damage and staying alive without really extending the RG fight much. I might add that to my guide.

The general rule is that BoP is more for rushing lower levels to farm, Stricken for higher levels due to longer encounters. However I'm unsure how that changes for a burst-rotation type build like I6/U4. There's usually a threshold level for BoP to start losing it's luster and where Stricken becomes necessary.

There's probably a good GR level to easily tell when the switch is necessary. I'd guess it's somewhere between the 70-75 range but some can argue you can pull clears with BoP at higher.
04/07/2017 09:09 AMPosted by StoleOwnCar

I don't get that many stricken stacks at all if 85 or below....85 takes between 2-3 rounds of COE to kill boss and 1 or 2 at 80...85 or below at my paragon level it might be more efficient to use BoP instead of Stricken....elites and champions are typically one-shot so Stricken isn't necessary for those guys. I don't know what the average paragon is, but I would guesstimate that the average monk player should be able to use BoP with higher efficiency (than BoS) for 70's at least....some players will find that it even works well into 80's.

For me at 96 though, as you say, Stricken is necessary....I've gotten to the rift guardian several times with around 3 minutes left, but I need at least 3.5 to 4 minutes to kill it; I'm thinking of saving a Power Pylon when I first see it, leaving some enemies around and going back at the 95% completion level just so I can take out the boss. I finish the grift in time (up to boss) in about 90% of tries. Think I need back to back open maps with good density/mobs to get massive time on rg or Power Pylon at this point.
I just wanna give a big thanks to the guys involved in the guide. I've been having fun with I6/U4 this season (I just don't like Gen builds despite they're all over the leaderboards). I managed my first GR 70 clear and I'm hoping to get into the mid-upper 70s or even low 80s before season ends.
Hit a wall with Inna Pet/EP at GR 65. First try with Inna6Uli4 I completed GR70 with over 3 minutes to spare. And that's even with dying several times while learning the play style.

Thanks!
So hit the 76 with literally 25 seconds to spare. Hoping to get 77 soon. Found a Primal Inna's Head so I'll see if I can get 6% CR on it and get my first augment before trying 77.
04/13/2017 10:22 AMPosted by Tanque
Hit a wall with Inna Pet/EP at GR 65. First try with Inna6Uli4 I completed GR70 with over 3 minutes to spare. And that's even with dying several times while learning the play style.

Thanks!

Yeah, I found when I was learning the build you can die several times and gain ground still as the main attack (when setup correctly) does mass damage. Eventually you won't die very much as you get used to the build. Grats on 70.

04/14/2017 01:48 AMPosted by CoolSam
So hit the 76 with literally 25 seconds to spare. Hoping to get 77 soon. Found a Primal Inna's Head so I'll see if I can get 6% CR on it and get my first augment before trying 77.

Grats....looks like you are on your way to 80+....augments and better gear will take you even higher.
Well can't seem to beat 77. I either get really close or get forced to restart. Part of it is bad rifts but my big issue is that skills have a weird input lag and that I mess up my rotations for CoE.

I actually don't know the proper routes to take in higher GR's either. Like I dunno if it's better to just skip whites for elites or just coral a huge pack of whites and 1-shot them?